Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my households keep getting deleted!

Ok so like ill make a new household and i made kalee who was at the top of her music career, but i was tired and wanted to stop playing

so this is waht i did:
i saved it
went to main menu, saved it again
on main menu, wanted to play a new game
go to the neighborhood
and my house that i was just playing and saved, is GONE

how does this happen

are you not aloud to make multiple families now?

is their any possible way where i can make a family save, play another family and if i want to go back to the first family i played with???/

or did sims 3 make this not an option..?

please help thanks!

Comments

• Options
    exoromeoexoromeo Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    APCAluv2 wrote:
    Ok so like ill make a new household and i made kalee who was at the top of her music career, but i was tired and wanted to stop playing

so this is waht i did:
    i saved it
    went to main menu, saved it again
    on main menu, wanted to play a new game
    go to the neighborhood
    and my house that i was just playing and saved, is GONE

how does this happen

are you not aloud to make multiple families now?

is their any possible way where i can make a family save, play another family and if i want to go back to the first family i played with???/

or did sims 3 make this not an option..?

please help thanks!

Starting a new game, is just that. Starting a new game. Neighborhood is reset. If you want to play multiple families, load up your saved game. Click Edit Town. Then either create a new sim and move him/her into the neighborhood, or click Switch Active Family.

Keep in mind though that the game now controls your original sim, and with Story Progression on, your original sim's life continues (work, marriage maybe, kids, etc).
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2009
    i have a similar thread about this i made a family moved them in with a toddler and then saved and went to put in another house hold when i went back they were gone. they shouldn't have aged that much as bella was still a teen but my family with the little one was missing .
    there house was still there but they have vanished. as they all age at same time the todler should have been a child by then and his parent were young adults so they should have been still alive. as bella bacholer was a child and his now a teen. so they havn't aged much.

does the computer delete them after a while when you not playing them? i am confused
  • Options
    Shaliera2Shaliera2 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have had two families deleted also. Just disapeared. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know if the "fix" for the story progression that has been posted will fix this problem??
  • Options
    sinephilesinephile Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Two of my households were also deleted when I switched active households. Both story progression and aging are off in my game, but when I tried to get one sim to visit a household I had been playing with earlier, the game said that nobody lived on the lot. Lo and behold, when I went to edit game and checked out the house, it was vacant. The weird part is that one household that I was playing before switching active households survived, but two others didn't...
    I'm guessing it's a bug, but it pretty much sucks because I had spent quite a while building up a household of four, getting them jobs, etc.
  • Options
    Robinlee8693Robinlee8693 Posts: 2 New Member
    I found out how to fix it! At the main menu click ‘load game’ and all of your games should be there!
  • Options
    Robinlee8693Robinlee8693 Posts: 2 New Member
    For sims 4
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Robinlee8693 - Hi there. This is the TS3 section of the forum and this thread is from over nine years ago, right after TS3 was just released. Apparently some of the players here were having a bit of trouble adjusting to the gameplay changes in TS3 over its predecessors back then.

You may want to look around the TS4 section of the forum for recent threads about that version of the game for more current discussions. :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories
    (scroll down to see how the forum is organized into various sections)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net