Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs Hunt in Other Neighborhoods?

Is it possible to use debug to place one of those hunting bushes with the purple flowers from the Cats & Dogs EP, or those piles of fish etc so pets can hunt in different neighborhoods? I've searched through the debug items and I'm not having any luck, though I've also not been able to find any results about this via a search so I'm assuming it's not possible.

It'd be nice if there was a way to do this without cheats, so my hunt-loving and adventurous pets can roam San Myshuno and other neighborhoods for fun without having to take my sims to visit the parks in Brindleton for hours and hours. Maybe in another update, or something...

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you have the other packs that include similar bushes (get together and jungle adventure) you don't even need to use debug. but yeah, the purple bush is in the debug cheats. but hard to find when you're after it, believe you need to add 'bb.showhiddenobjects' and then it's still easy to miss. in some ways it's potentially better than the others, since i don't recall sims being able to nap, woohoo, or 'fertilize' in them

the first thing i did when i got cats and dogs was give my oracle sim a cat based off catwoman's pet in the batman universe (who, sadly, has a name that can't be repeated on the forums, even though it's the name of an egyptian goddess). said cat is a catburglar, of course. so i gave her prowler trait (the cat version of hunter). and then made the mistake of putting a woohoo bush on the apartment balcony. the cat ran to that bush every hour, collected lots of feathers and other presents, but also fought lots and lots of squirrels and skunks. so i had to remove the bush. and half the time, wind up removing those bushes from other houses that have pets just because i get tired of the pets getting sick from fighting squirrels. which is a bit sad, because all four versions of that bush (two from get together) are absolutely wonderful for landscaping decor

here's a screenshot of the other three, easy to find because they show up under 'beds' in the comfort sort:
    6921b8193c08150e509eb5adc4e7c103.png

and then, after digging around, finding out it's not flagged as cats and dogs decor so can't filter that way, and scrolling past the thing 3 times, finally found the cats and dogs version of the bush. here's a shot including its name and description (though, it really isn't usable by sims, even with the same stats as the other 3 'poohoo' bushes):
    80b1e19b82982fa3950d4fb3dad2ec47.jpg
    with this second picture, you can also see where it falls on the sort (with a search for 'debug' and all packs in the game) and see how all four bushes look together on a lot
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I hope you enjoy the high risk of disease your pets will be getting...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2018
    I hope you enjoy the high risk of disease your pets will be getting...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Usually keeping up with the wellness treats prevents disease in my game, and I can't stand the pets being under my sims' feet all the time in San Myshuno where they can't go out and hunt, so I'm okay with any repercussions there are for letting them explore the bushes.
  • Options
    mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    (cut for length)

Thank you so much! I meant to reply earlier, but the forum servers were down in my area.
    I didn't even think of using the other bushes for pets to explore, what a nice feature. And thanks to you I finally found the debug C&D bush, so now I can have the bushes color coordinated with the surrounding plants.

__
    I wonder why the devs made the decision to keep things like the bush in debug, the birds and fish piles in Brindleton, etc, so that pets have to visit that neighborhood in order to really experience what there is to offer? Couldn't they have made them spawn in the other neighborhoods much like the roller rinks in Seasons, and all the other randomly spawned items? It seems like a sort of silly decision to me...