Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deliveries have broken

VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
Has anyone seen this before?

I tried to order groceries at around 3am and the delivery did not turn up, so I tried to order pizza, but that didn't show up either.
Since then, grocery and pizza guys show up every day just outside the house, with no van or goods. They stand there for about 24 hours. I can't interact with them. Eventually they either vanish, or they enter the house and start playing chess. One of them has been playing chess for about 48 hours. I can't interact with him other than 'watch'.

I think this may have started after I built a porchway outside the front door, so the first door is now an archway (specifically the Cyclonesue neverending arch). However, I've since removed that and the problem continues.
I also tried building a single room with a door right next the the road, to see if they would use that, but that made no difference.

Anyone know a way out of this weirdness?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Try exiting without saving.
    Maybe somebody can give you advice on that matter.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

Did you try a different house to see if it was the lot or maybe CC or the neighborhood?
  • VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Did you try a different house to see if it was the lot or maybe CC or the neighborhood?

Yes, it doesn't seem to be affecting other lots.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Try selling the phone, replace it with the base game phone, then recall for delivery. Make sure you don't have any route errors where they can't ring the doorbell. Delivery requires a door to ring the bell and they need to be able to get to it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I've tried that now but no luck. I also tried removing them with moveobjects, and also boolProp testingCheatsEnabled then forcing them to error, which both work - as in, I can then delete them, but they just come back the next day.

I've been looking through the lot and neighbourhood files with SimPE, trying to find the flag that causes a delivery, but no luck there either.

My only recourse now is to build a chess table outside for them and leave them there for ever!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Why not move them to a new lot? If the rest of the lots work, it's the lot that's messed up.

They come back every day because they need to deliver what it is you ordered. If you have removed the arch that started this, and replaced with an actual non modded door (remove custom content) and use base game door, so they can get to a doorbell it may get them to deliever and then leave. This was all caused by an arch (modded?) and they couldn't ring a doorbell or find a doorbell. Some arches that are custom content aren't really arches by the way, but created from decor in the base game and or are actually columns but look like arches but behave as columns. I would remove all my cc if I had any cc for objects in game. You probably shouldn't mess with SimPE to remove them, since it's already messed up enough.

If you move to another lot remember to have a door behind an arch somewhere so delivery Sims can deliver. They need a reg. door.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Trouble is, they don't bring anything to deliver. They just appear, stand motionless for 24 hours, then play chess forever.

There is a regular Maxis back door they can use - and they used to use that, but not any more.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Something about that lot is corrupted.

You're best off moving them to a brand new lot and hoping the glitch doesn't happen again and if it does, try to find a similarity between that lot and this one so you can avoid it in the future.
    Vershner wrote: »
    Trouble is, they don't bring anything to deliver. They just appear, stand motionless for 24 hours, then play chess forever.

There is a regular Maxis back door they can use - and they used to use that, but not any more.

Why don't you just give them a base game front door and make sure the porch, if you have one, is wide and deep enough for them not to get stuck on stairs.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Vershner wrote: »

Why don't you just give them a base game front door and make sure the porch, if you have one, is wide and deep enough for them not to get stuck on stairs.

That's what they have. I returned the porch to how it was before the trouble started. I don't know for sure that it was the archway that caused the issue. They never used the front door anyway. Always went round to the back door. It could just be that I phoned them at 3am.

Anyway. I'll try moving lots and see what that does.
    edited September 2018
    It was the arch, because if you use the cheat to show the path the Sims are going to take you can see where they were headed. You took down the porch and a front door or didn't give them one and they can't deliver without ringing a doorbell, first. Sometimes, we cause our own problems by how we build the houses or other buildings. (Try using the batbox from MATY's to get rid of them, I guess, before they return to the lot) offworld Sims who are going to show up on lot and cause errors.