Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 looks really bad

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Awesome comparison shots. Perfect example of the sims going backwards.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Tomb Raider!!! yes! :D:cookie:

@king_of_simcity7 Exactly, you can see progression in every game except Sims4. There were some improvements, I guess, but there were too many regressions. In my opinion, the map screen looks worse than Sims1. It does look as if it belongs on a tablet.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks :smile: t the moment Tomb Raider from 1996 seems to be catching up with TS4 even though there is eighteen years apart. At least in TR1 you could swim in the water... :*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    TS4 pays his bills... what else could he say? But, agree or not- it's expected of them all.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited September 2018
    So he didn't like the art style ? As a producer he was in a position to influence that decision so why didn't he get it changed ? We would have been none the wiser having come straight from the TS2 art style. However it is what it is and those of us who genuinely love the game are grateful for that. Perhaps someone should send him a link to the scenery thread to remind him what they threw away when TS4 was created. This is what we are expecting for the next iteration, the more realistic the better. As for being derogatory about TS3 as a means of selling the TS4 cartoon sims, it has a snowball's chance in plum of succeeding.

Done. I posted the link to the "I still love the scenery" thread. I posted this "Take a look at this thread and tell me if you still for the same way after. Most TS3 players would disagree with you.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802147/i-still-love-scenery/p1 "

Edit to say that I was really worried about this thread not being here after the site went offline for a few minutes.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The pictures shared on this thread are stunning. How, just how can you say it’s an ugly game??!!

Not going to cover why you would say that as that’s another topic not for here.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Odonata68 The original Sims map view looked better. It looked real, felt real and was real. No idea why they stopped with that!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2018
    If his opinion has anything to do with how Sims 5 is going to look, then all the more reason I won't waste my money on it. I've spent hundreds of dollars through the years upgrading my computer so it will play Sims 3 better. I've played Sims 4 too, but I wouldn't waste a dime upgrading for it.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

Here is some of my favorite pictures that I took in my game that look really nice and real... :)
    vmQQcadl.jpg
    sGO5hj0l.jpg
    yq257aZl.jpg
    Z7iBLlXl.jpg
    gXUqjbrl.jpg
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Iehm1DT.gif

Grant just threw every loyal sims 3 player under a bus

I so agree with you @CravenLestat. And for what? To persuade the TS3 players to buy TS4? Not going to work for me as I love my TS3 game and think that the graphics looks awesome in my opinion... :)

Same. I have bought the sim 4, but I don't play it. I love sims 3 and always will. Sims 4 is boring after five minutes while I can play sims 3 for hours.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Here is some of my favorite pictures that I took in my game that look really nice and real... :)
    vmQQcadl.jpg
    sGO5hj0l.jpg
    yq257aZl.jpg
    Z7iBLlXl.jpg
    gXUqjbrl.jpg

Stunning landscape!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Folks, we've said this before, discussions are not appropriate when they are about people and not the content. I can't see this being conducted within the rules so I'm closing this. If you'd like to create a thread that compares The Sims 3 in-game graphics to The Sims 4 graphics, please do but please keep it focused on the content itself.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top