Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heartbreaking Sim moments.

Comments

• Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I have another one from TS4! Mine wasn't an in-game horrifying moment but I was making my real life house and family. Everything looked exactly like the real thing and I worked so hard to get everything done. I had just saved the house to my library when the game crashed. I couldn't watch as I exited the game and opened up the game again. Everything - and I mean everything - had gone. All of my saved households, lots, and rooms had all been lost forever. That included all my first sims and first houses. I got so mad that I made an incredibly ugly sim and gave her a really bad house. This was my 2nd horrifying moment in TS4.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    When I first got the sims 3 it took me a long time to let one of my sims die. I would either play with aging turned off or long lifespan and start over once they reached elder. When I finally decided to let my first generation of sims move on, it was devastating to me. I had never seen the death animation and almost started crying. I get way too attached to my little pixel people.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    There are more, but this is the first that came to mind:

Several generations back in my legacy, one of the heirs decided to move to Oasis Springs from San Myshuno. He wanted a more laid back lifestyle that allowed him to be closer to his family. He married his high school sweetheart. His brother moved in as well. When one of his kids was a teen and the other was a child, he walked in on his wife Woohooing with his brother. He became so angry that he died in his daughter's bedroom. The brother and wife married, having a child of their own. Naturally the daughter was horrified and moved out the day after the wedding.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    There are more, but this is the first that came to mind:

Several generations back in my legacy, one of the heirs decided to move to Oasis Springs from San Myshuno. He wanted a more laid back lifestyle that allowed him to be closer to his family. He married his high school sweetheart. His brother moved in as well. When one of his kids was a teen and the other was a child, he walked in on his wife Woohooing with his brother. He became so angry that he died in his daughter's bedroom. The brother and wife married, having a child of their own. Naturally the daughter was horrified and moved out the day after the wedding.

She stayed for the party, eh? :wink:
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2018
    Nevermind... * Deleted *
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Watching a pet die seemed really upsetting, but what is worst is when a pet comes back as a ghost. They stay so miserable, because unlike sim ghosts, they can't take care of their needs. Its so sad to see them cry hungry and lonely while dead.
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Mine happened a few weeks ago... My sim just had given birth to her first baby girl, and while she was at work something horrible happened at home. There was a fireplace on in the bedroom, and the baby was staying with them in their bedroom since she was recently born. The father/husband went to put out the fire but was caught on fire! He jumped around and next thing I knew the bed started on fire and then the BABY caught fire. Husband died and the fire caught the entire bedroom on fire. Now normally I would just take this and run with it, creating the sad story of the wife now a widow with a child who survived the fire... But i had so many plans for this family, they were supposed to have two kids... and i just wasn't willing to keep the game... so i immediately closed the game without saving, reopened it and made sure the fire didn't start. My sims family is right where i wanted them to be happy and alive with 2 children and a doggo!
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I was pretty young when I was playing TS1, and didn't really know what I was doing, so my sim starved to death. I haven't played that game in easily more than 10 years, and the game is long lost, but at least I know that my file is saved seconds before the grim reaper takes my sim.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    For experiment and some angst, I decided to break up one of meant-to-be couples to see how they would react, but not save. One of them is childish.

fHr00bK.png

40uSGvy.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited September 2018
    Plainevil wrote: »
    he kicks the bin over then picks it up.

I don't know why but this cracks me up.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Right now my game is at the point where all the sims who were adults when my sim was a child are dying off of old age. So her parents and all of their friends, who she had good relationships with. My sim also has twins, who are losing each of their grandparents (basically a different one each day). They are all so sad all the time, just everyone in the household stopping to cry between each activity for the last 5 sim days now. Not the *most* heartbreaking moment but it's pretty sad to watch 2 toddlers and a single mom sobbing all the time.
  • KatieGKatieG Posts: 54 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »
    Are there any things you could not watch? Any sim game counts.

For me mine happened in Sims 3.

I had a cas made sim with the Family Oriented trait. I played on long lifespan but she eventually found the one. After several successful dates they married and as both had a wish to have a baby, I started the family. I had given her the fertility trait, as she was also ambitious. 3 Days later they welcomed triplets, they where both great parents, so as soon as the moodlet ran out and they wanted to try again, I let them. 3 days later they welcomed twins.

Since 5 newborns was chaos I decided to age up the triplets, first 1 went according to plan. Dad was taking them to cake, mum was starting on training. Number 2 did not go according to plan. The cake caught fire (spontaneous combustion), they had a smoke alarm in the kitchen and it was an open plan kitchen /dinner/ living room. Everything in the dining room area was on fire including the dad, I had him try to put the newborn down and go take a shower. I also had the mum try to put him out but everything auto canceled, the only thing that worked was sending the 1 toddler to a bedroom.
    Dad had an Expire notice above him, he walked to a small corner of living room that was not on fire, kissed his newborn put her down and died.

The firemen arrived just after and gave my sim a warning, to be more careful next time.

My Sims bars where all in the orange red, I knew she was dying but was not sure if social services would come for children first. It was something that was inevitable and not something I had planned or could watch. I saved and exited the game. 5+ years later never returned to that save.

This is HORRIBLY sad. It made me tear up!! Oh my gosh. I would have had to exit the game without saving the second he kissed his daughter before dying. That's the saddest part!! I can't get over this, lol.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    Not so much not watching, but today I had an experience that made me quite sad. I found an old save from 3 years ago and it was the first generation that I made that time (I am now playing the third generation from that same family). I thought 'HEY, let's open this save and feel how it was 'back then'. It was sooo weird to open that save and see how the neighbourhood was looking that time. As if I am now looking back at pictures from the 90's from my old neighbourhood :D It made me nostalgic and kind of sad, cause that was what it was once. These sims are all dead now. They were the first pre-mades in the whole sims world including their homes and first bars that I had all demolished.
    I opened the household and there they were... the tree doctor room mates once living together and not knowing what the future would hold (I know, drama much :p). Two of them, the insanely handsome Casanova and the shy medical intern, later married and started my generation story. I created their story that she was having a crush on him since forever, but he never saw her that way, because she was so shy and didn't stand out. Meanwhile he was ticking off all the females in town. There was some serious love drama going on in that household.
    I noticed that they had a red bar in romance, so I assume it was after he finally one time flirted with her and then run off with another lady in the bar. So what did I do?

I hit the play bottom and let him walk straight to her when he surprisingly kissed her on the mouth (passionate kiss). She didn't even hesitate or hold on to her anger she had for him and they flirted the night off followed by more and woohoo ofcourse. I just couldnt help myself and spare them all the drama and give her what she always dreamed of, but never happened in my original game. It was fun to play like an alternate universe and let her have what she always wanted.. the passionate kiss of her dream man that finally acknowledged her.
    It was perfect! It was mid night and just the two of them under the stars in the dark night sky was pretty romantic. After the scene was done and they went to sleep, I scrolled around and checked the stars (don't ask me why. It was like a movie that moves the camera away and finishes off like that). It actually got me right there, cause I know this actually never happened... Well THAT made me sad!
  • Hunter_IriaHunter_Iria Posts: 30 Member
    > @Holy_Cow said:
    > One day in Oasis Springs my male sim proposed to my female sim. They had a strong relationship and went on dates almost every day. She rejected him over and over again until they despised each other.

That is truly heartbreaking.
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I am playing a legacy at the moment using the legacy random trait generator. My gen 2 Hier, Ditzy, ended up with the mean trait. Her daughter and my gen 3 heir, Dotty, got the dog lover trait as a teen, so I adopted a dog into the family.

Ditzy became companions with Dolly the dog and then she just started being mean to it all the time. Yelling at it, scolding it, shooing it, Whnever I switched sim, she just hated the dog and the poor dog would be whimpering with its tail down. I detest animal cruelty, to the point that even though the sims is just a game, it really upset me that my sim was behaving that way!
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have a few as well, but my most recent was from the current game I'm working on, a legacy. Toddler from gen. 4 who was close with his grandmother, happened to be in the room with her when she died. His dad (married into family but also close with mother-in-law) was also there with them. So they both watched her die while her 3 kids were at work. Then a few days later, while toddler's mom was pregnant, mom's aunt dies. So second child is born and dad invites his family over to meet baby. Well, his mom and his wife's mom (the one who died) happened to be good friends. Everyone was walking around all mopey even though the birth of a new baby should be happier... and they're all still sad.

And earlier on, during my first gen. I believe, at least 5-7 people that my sim knew all died. In real life, it was maybe 10 minutes passing. So in sim time, it was a couple a day. It was awful. Got to the point that I told my game (to no avail) to stop killing people for a bit. During gen. 3 I got a mod for more realistic reactions to deaths and has made the death of random acquaintances easier on my sims.

Edit: Here's the pic from the first story when they watched her die.
    SkDUG1qm.png
    Post edited by arliel on
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
    OMG...my sim just got engaged and what happens two seconds later? Her apparent fiancée goes off and ends up flirting with another sim! Talk about a heartbreaker! Shocking...but kinda funny! lol
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Stray pets dying on my lot in Sims 3 - this is the main reason I haven't bought C&D. I'm pretty much okay with Sims dying - I practically turned it into an art form in The Sims, and once rid my game of annoying townies by building a pool without a ladder. But kitties and doggies, no.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Nothing's sadder than having a couple that's been in love since they were teenagers, and suddenly one of them dies of old age...

This. I follow the 'soul mates since childhood' story a lot, and it gets me every time, especially if you play with them a lot.
    giphy.gif
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    I have a mod that let's things get more extreme in a violent way... My Sims were taking their twin toddlers out to the park for a family day. A random lady had just killed someone there so that should have been my warning to leave but I ignored it. Next thing I know, my sim died in front of her husband and kids. I was traumatized. She was my simself. :#
  • BibbaBibba Posts: 23 Member
    > @tiffrenee07 said:
    > I have a mod that let's things get more extreme in a violent way... My Sims were taking their twin toddlers out to the park for a family day. A random lady had just killed someone there so that should have been my warning to leave but I ignored it. Next thing I know, my sim died in front of her husband and kids. I was traumatized. She was my simself. :#

omg :'( ...

Few months ago I started to play TS4, learning basics and stuff. I really wanted to try Runaway Teen Challenge with my own twist. I wanted a backround for my story :). So I made my teen girl and her Mom and Dad. Both parents were suppose to by horrible, so I gave them Evil, Mean and Slob traits and decided not to control them much and play the teenager as my main character. Everything was great, Mom and Dad were indeed horrible, their relationships were bad,Dad was in the criminal career, Mom was at home doing nothing but drinking coffee and watching TV. She never ever cooked a meal, never did anything around the house. Everything went according the plan.
    I played with them for some time and one night Mom decided to cook. I was shocked as she never did it before, but hey, it's never too late to start, right? Well, not quite. I don't even know what she wanted to cook, but suddenly the fire started. Mom was on fire - panicking, I was panicking. Dad and daughter were also panicking outside and I thought to myself - it's OK, they have alarm, fireworker should be here any second. I waited and waited and fireworker never came. I didn't know there are no fireworkers in TS4. Well, Mom died, leaving her daughter heartbroken. Not her husband though, thy despised each other by that time.
    Few nights later Mom's ghost came back. I woke up the girl and sent her to say hi to her Mom. And then I couldn't believe my own eyes. They sat together on girl's bed actually talking, then they hugged and Mom left. They never did it when she was alive.
    I had literally tears in my eyes.
  • VariandranaVariandrana Posts: 24 Member
    Probably the most heartbreaking moment I've experienced in The Sims 2 was that I had a married couple and they were maxed bars in relationship with two kids well I walked away for a minute to go eat lunch with my family and left the game running on full autonomy and I came back not even an hour later and the husband was sitting on the ground crying and the wife and kids were nowhere to be seen and their relationship bar had gone from 100% in love to 100% hatred. To this day I still have no idea what happened in that hour I was gone that this happened. I really liked that couple.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2018
    I remember tearing up when I first saw a cat pass away in someone’s TS3 Let’s Play on YouTube. The way the grim reaper tosses the toy into the air and the cat vanishes into the heavenly light breaks my heart every time. :heartbreak:

Since I play with aging off in both games, I haven’t seen anything as heartbreaking as death in my own saves. However, one really sad moment I encountered in TS4 comes to mind. Not long after Get Together came out, I created this sim who was all about partying. One night, she met this sim at one of the nightclubs in Windenburg. She wasn’t interested in settling down and had a few romantic interests here and there, but there was something about this sim. They were so compatible; they had common traits, interests, and habits. If he happened to be where she was, she’d autonomously migrate towards him and join in on conversations with him. Eventually, she decided to take a chance on him and they started dating exclusively. My sim stopped flirting around and stayed near him whenever she saw him at a nightclub, but he didn’t do the same for her. He’d repeatedly cheat on her in front of her, then go and act as if nothing happened. It must have been after the third or fourth time that she couldn’t deal with it anymore. She constantly took him back and always had him in her whims, but that time was different. After witnessing him flirt with another, she moped off downstairs and sobbed in the closet. He followed her and kissed her on the cheek once she emerged, then left. This was the first time I heard a sim cry in their sleep and in the shower. I’ll never forget the way she bent her head under the water and let it rain down around her as she clung to the shower tiles. Seeing that, my eyes actually filled up with tears and I had to pause the game. I applaud the voice actors because it’s one of the only times the sounds of a sim’s cries physically hurt me. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that moment.

And in case anyone’s wondering, the sim who kept cheating on my sim and continued to cheat on her even after this instance, was Joaquin Le Chien. I just find it very interesting since another commenter mentioned him here. He’s...an interesting one. My sims don’t date him anymore. :lol:
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I had this sim who wanted to be a big time famous singer when she grew up...as she rose the first few promotions she met a guy and ended up pregnant...so they decided to get married her parents funded a big wedding party in the back yard but when the big moment came...the groom took off (turns out he was a proprietor at a bar but it played really well as cold feet and a quickly changed mind)

My sim got depressed and quit singing for a long time....the child grew up a bit rough around the edges (it was a great time to try the unstable trait) and left and she decided to try singing again and met a Frenchman at one of her shows...they fell in love and again...she ended up pregnant....this time she dodged marriage, which was easy because her boyfriend lived in France

They kept in contact making visits to France and inviting him over to see his daughter and finally my sim decided she would try marriage again....after all this guy was way different

I was surprised to find after making that decision he had moved to my neighborhood (didn't have to invite foreign visitor anymore just call him) I was even more surprised to find that be had become an elder....who cares my sim said, this is my kid age daughters father and she was an adult anyway

I selected the propose interaction on him in front of a few other sims also and she walked over to him.....of course he (and another random sim in my back yard) in that exact moment died of old age....the reaper came for the person in the back yard first and the entire time they just started at each othed....I couldn't cancel her action or move her at all and she had the saddest look on her face

DR62hTq.jpg

xH2vbyB.jpg

Even the French sim didn't move the entire time the reaper did his thing until it was time to jump into the urn

TJmbZIr.jpg

The wait was very long and it all happened in front of the entire family....my sim quit singing again and went into composing....never really making it far and died pretty young for an elder (I forget how long I just remember her dying young as her while life stood out to me)

It's certainly not as sad as the OP event but it was quite sad to me
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    My gen 3 heir had a rollercoaster of a week. Both of her parents were elders and her Dad's lifespan bar had been full and green for at least a week in game. I thought he had glitched or something. One day, her mother died of old age and then the next day her Father died - I guess he was heartbroken at losing his soulmate. It broke my heart to see them both go of old age because I'd played them for so long and they were favourites.

The next day, my heir marries her high school sweetheart - but the family dog dies of old age on the morning of the wedding. My heir and her husband get pregnant, and the day before she gives birth a dryer starts a fire that kills her husband - thankfully, she successfully pleaded with the grim reaper, so her husband came back. The next day, they had twin boys. Thank goodness she managed to save her husband otherwise I don't think I could have carried on playing her.