Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Jude525

well freebies always available if the thread goes wild with activity :)
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    There’s been build feelers? Tbh, I pretty much ignore posts unless I see “competition” and “open” 😆 but if there’s interest in starting up this thread again, I’m in! I lurk every once in a while but I thought this thread was finished so hadn’t posted. I need inspiration!!! 😄
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @missroxor I am definitely hoping to spark some interest. Thank you for your input on teaser highlights. Anything to get Simmers' attention and draw them in. I love the concept of this contest and would really love to see it be revitalized.

So, yes, if I can get even a few people to participate, then an active contest will begin. And, if you are chatting us up with friends, remember that I am also looking for new requests. As a builder, I would love some new inspiration beyond the lists we have had right along.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525 I’m afraid this is about as involved in the community as I get these days, I’m basically a retired simmer who just dips her toes in for the odd build contest when she can find them. So I’m not really active enough for advertising but if you post on the forum a lot it might be worth putting a link in your sig block, then you’re advertising even when you’re posting about something unrelated ;)

It’s really sad how this board has dried up. Ts2 contests were still really active when ts3 came out, especially on sites like BPS but it feels like TS4 has killed TS3 contests to the point that it’s difficult to even get one contest going ☹️
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I pretty much lost interrest in the forum, given lame dishonest staff...

However, I still love the game and the community, and I do still have interrest in lot building. I don't have much time at hands though...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I would like to participate if you can find other people to also participate :) I finally have a computer that will actually run sims 3. Although, I am in school so it depends on the timeline.
    Maybe after the holidays, when people are trying to find a way to get through winter????? What say folk?
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    Maybe after the holidays, when people are trying to find a way to get through winter????? What say folk?

I think so but I don't know for sure... Had a busy term, and busy holidays, but everything seems to come to a halt in early January.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I think that it might work in January. Although it really depends on how long the contest runs.
    I can set it to run for more than just one month if that is what people want. Maybe do a quarterly? This would allow for the fact that different people have different weeks that become available during the winter.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited December 2018
    I think we need to introduce ourselves, and most notably our skills and game content we have access to...

I have every single EP, SP, worlds and I own the store. I'm good at improving existing lots, creating new public lots, creating basic "tomb lots". However I plum at ITTF stuff, fancy houses building, and I just seem to trigger every single bugs around when it comes to building underwater "diving lots" and "houseboats".

I could need chit-chatting with someone with advanced tomb building skills, especially about how to create specific usable "common relics" (for example, an "ancient gold canope vase"), and how to fill tomb chests with specific items and not the default items. I also don't have a high-end computer so I can't work on overly packed huge lots.

ETA: I'm well versed regarding spawners and "seasonal lot markers", as well as turning a non seasonal lot into a seasonal one. DOES NOT APPLIES TO RESIDENTIAL LOTS.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Jude525 Quarterly would be awesome! I'm currently a student and have an upcoming wedding so both of those are time consuming.

I have all EPS, I had all the SPs but for reason they aren't working properly (trying to figure that out now), and I'm working on owning the whole store through meticulously staring at the daily deal spreadsheets to figure out the best price :D I'm getting there, slowly.

I love building houses, and I haven't really tried to create that many community lots although I'd love to learn! As for tombs, I have no idea. I'm just getting back into the sims 3 after a 4 year hiatus due to a computer that wouldn't run it. It's something I'd like to try eventually! I think that I would like to rebuild sims 3 worlds as well (my favorites are Moonlight Falls, Appaloosa Plains, and Lucky Palms). I think that would a fun project :)
    edited December 2018
    Okay, so after the holidays, I will put out some "ads" in other threads and see if I can bring in some other participants. I know I've mentioned before that our existing "wish list" is rather dated and I would love to get a new set to help get some creative juices flowing. For myself, if no one else. So I will be "fishing" for both creators and wish lists.

I also own it all. I'm experienced with residential and community lot building. I have a seasonal lot started that I am hoping to get back to soon. Although I am fairly comfortable with the "special content" in buydebug mode, I have no experience with tombs or dive lots. Although I have watched a few tutorials on dive lots. Not sure if that was for future reference or pure curiosity.

I know I've watched a ton of tutorials on constraining terrain levels, and I still have a barely functioning knowledge of that cheat tool. I'm always amazed when I get it to do what I want it to do in a project.

Another goal for the not too distant future is understanding custom wallpapers. There have been many times when I've wanted to create signage on a community building, and being able to create custom wallpapers would be the simplest solution. "Simple" being a relative term. I am moderately skilled in PhotoShop, so once I can understand what layer does what, I will be in a good position to have fun there. I have tried twice to get it to work. Maybe the third time will be the charm.
    aka Jude

My Studio

In the mean time, Merry Christmas!!!
    aka Jude

My Studio

I am really trying hard to garner some interest in re-activating this thread. I do have some prizes available if we can just get at least a few people to participate. As I've stated before, I am looking for anyone who wants to create AND a new list of requests. Please, if anyone is interested, post a message. And, better still, see if you can get some friends from other threads interested to jump on board.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Eps: All
    SPs: All but Katy Perry
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: All but Barnacle Bay, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs and Roaring Heights
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: I own too many to list but not the whole store so please keep store items to a minimum. Maybe 10 items max so others can use them too?
    Origin/Bundle Exclusives: No... I don't know what items these are, not sure if I have them.
    CC: Yes but keep it to a minimum. Free content only, no TSR. Please use rabbit hole rugs if needed.
    Special Requests: I like realism. A little clutter, maybe a patch of weeds (depending on the location) etc. Little imperfections make a lot feel real (imo). Attention to detail: using season markers to adjust the lot seasonally (where necessary)
    What are your favorite themes? Irrelevant, the themes should largely be determined by the world(s) the lot is made for.
    What are your favorite Colors? As above.
    What are your dislikes? Unrealistic, over saturated colours. (That doesn't mean bold colours are out, just be careful with the saturation unless the situation really calls for it). Also unnecessarily large lots.

Creation Wishlist Wants:
    1. An outdoor market (multiple shops/registers on one lot) that will fit in either an urban, alpine or seaside town. Bonus points for using a season marker :) Lot no bigger than 30x40. (Store market stalls are fine to use)
    2. ITF Oservatory that will fit in either a contemporary, mid century or historic town. Lot no bigger than 30x40.
    3. Bot shop (what are they called again?) that will fit in any of the EA worlds (except ITF). Lot no bigger than 30 x 30.
    edited February 2019
    missroxor wrote: »
    Creation Wishlist Wants:
    1. An outdoor market (multiple shops/registers on one lot) that will fit in either an urban, alpine or seaside town. Bonus points for using a season marker :) Lot no bigger than 30x40. (Store market stalls are fine to use)
    Could use some clarification here. You mean a market like in Egypt or China, or several rabitholes on the same lot? Would it be set in a small-town-like area or in a more like densely populated area? Assuming a WA style market, do you want all the merchants in the same building, or a smart-center, or several small building?
    Also, do you want a subway station on this lot?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Could use some clarification here. You mean a market like in Egypt or China, or several rabitholes on the same lot? Would it be set in a small-town-like area or in a more like densely populated area? Assuming a WA style market, do you want all the merchants in the same building, or a smart-center, or several small building?
    Also, do you want a subway station on this lot?

It’s been so long since I played the w/a worlds (they take forever to load) so don’t really remember what their markets were like. I just want to be able to access all the shop things from various EPs without actually going to those worlds. So a lot that has as many of the registers on as possible from nectar and relics to comic books and food etc. Obviously decorated appropriately, not just 5 registers next to each other in the same shop 😋 Though appropriate rabbit holes would be fine too but I’m not sure if that would change how you set the lot type and if so, would that make a difference?

I was thinking an outdoor market with stalls but I’m open to buildings too. (In the U.K. we sometimes have markets in the town square or down the length of a street... that sort of thing. In the states it might be more like a farmers market? I’ve been vague with the setting (alpine, urban or seaside) because I would use one or more of these markets in various EA EP/store worlds. I play whichever world I fancy at the time so chop and change quite a bit.

No subway station, unless you’re making it specifically for Bridgeport. I never place them in my other towns 🤷‍♀️

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Yay, a new creation wishlist! @jude525 added to the post
    Okay, so I've been reaching out to our past participants, creators and wish listers. I realized last night that today was February 1st and I hadn't pulled the strings together yet. So, this weekend I will do that and next week we will officially re-open this thread for whatever requests and builders we do have. So, get ready.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    Hello there! 👋

I'm getting back into TS3 after a long, long break, and would love to reinvigorate my creative juices by building some stuffs for the community 🙂 Could I join you at the re-opening?
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
    @pixiegamer Of course you can! We'd love to have you and welcome to the thread.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I'm actually interested in participating, I think I posted here once... but I was very uneasy about it because I'm not really that good at building and then I didn't know if the creation wishlist was up to date (as in, the people who asked for those things were still interested) so I stepped back (ok, my insecurities did not help at all either :sweat_smile: ) but now I'll keep an eye on it for real and try, I have nothing to lose anyways and it might be fun and help me improve :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    @Ziristha That is a great attitude! And this contest, unlike most others, has never been judged on how perfect or wonderful a build is. It is about the spirit of giving. :)
    Ok, so, first and foremost, to help people relax. This "contest" is actually a participation program with a random drawing at the end of the stated period. There will be submissions of varying skill levels. Do not let this deter anyone from participating. We were all novices at some point and we want to foster the creative side of anyone who shows up here.

If you have any questions about how to do something you have never tried, ASK. Like I said, we are not competing against each other. Therefore, there is no reason not to share experience and skills. And we do.

Therefore, depending on @ZeeGee's schedule, we will make certain that we have updated the wish list and as soon as that is done we will go online. The contest this time around will run until March 31. I will declare the prize amount by the end of this week.

For anyone who wasn't aware, the prizes are awarded as Sims 3 Store Simpoints. Hopefully, by the end of March the page will be properly repaired so that the winner will have no problem redeeming their prize points. :p

I will message everyone in the next day or two to start the contest.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top