Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects that are a MUST in your sims's homes

Comments

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2018
    Two things come to my mind:
    • Unbreakable toilets.
    • Toilet paper rolls. Seriously, I edited every. single. lot. I think it's rude to deprive my sims of toilet paper, okay? :lol:
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Well, if we're not talking essentials... I like making the exterior of their homes look presentable first and foremost. So a lot of plants, columns, outdoor seating, swingset. For gameplay it's the video game console, so my sims can build fun and social rather quickly. For interior I really like using a lot of rugs, plants, and mirrors. I do almost always have a garden for my sims as well, I just find it to be a nice side activity for my sims, especially now with seasons and flower arranging.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Makeup table <3 i always downloaded cc makeup tables in older sims games and when i saw that makeup table i didnt know if it would ne usable ( cc makeup tables were just decord item) And it worked like i would always dream of.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    That trash can is a MUST. Also, a computer, a desk and chair. Lately, I make sure my child Sims have that special wall lamp to ha-ha-ha ward off the monster under the bed. Sadly, after a time it ceases to work. But getting a parent or even an older sibling to spray the bed can be a tad sketchy. The child may succeed in waking the parent, but I'm guessing the Sim is so tired, they just automatically head downstairs. To what --- make coffee, watch TV, what?

I also like my Sims to have that automatic Tea Brewing station. Dishwasher, too. Book case. I build my own houses to play most of the time, and often have an office space.

And, this iteration I'm more into the whole gardening thing, which surprises me. I hate to do that in RL. Then, when winter hits, my Sims need a green house to protect said garden.

I indulge my Sims by having the smaller Karaoke machine to develop their singing voices. Most have a tendency to sing in the shower, they might as well have the voices to go with it. Nothing like a screechy, somebody is killing the cat sound emanating from the nearest shower to jar you out of a good immersion. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Washing machines, termostat, pet bowls and a storage for pet toys
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    Inspired by the fun and informative thread Items that have been banned from your played sims households? by @hunniboo1 I thought we could share the opposite here. Items that are essential in your houses.

I am not talking about things that are necessary for a sim's survival but specific little objects that we love for one reason or another and always use.

In my case is this trashcan
    G0zbS7I.png

As soon as my sims can afford it, it's the first "luxury item" they get. You don't need to take the trash out nor even need an outside trashcan and it brings money to the household. I don't like how it looks though so I always try to hide it as much as I can.

What are your MUST have objects?

What a revolutionary idea! I had no idea this was even an object! I need to read more :smile:

F8wHsKZ.png
  • BunnysicleBunnysicle Posts: 17 Member
    I always put the sprinkler system in my sims houses, since they're so likely to set themselves ablaze.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Fire alarm, sprinkler, thermostat (ever since seasons), toybox, computer, stereo, the bulletin board, coffee &tea maker and the popcorn nd ice cream maker theses are recurrent objects in all of my Sim's homes..Everytime
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    A lot of wooden furniture. I mostly have kinda earthy homes. No futuristic or minimal spick and span looking homes.
    I love the wicker loveseat that has pillows on it and has really vibrant colours. I used to have it in all of the homes but decided to drop it cause of overuse. Still love it though.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    I love the aura items. I use them as much as possible. I like having their help when I’m trying to create a focus space with chess, or an inspired space with an easel.

Also the beloved trash can. Whoever made this thing, they are a sim’s hero. Best item in the game.

Also the night light. Cause monsters.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    And all houses get the Holy Golden Llama.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what in Simland is that?

I think it's called the 'Mama Llama'? It's a decorative item. I make a shrine for it with the lotus petal candle from Spa Day.

I just want things to match. :'(
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @GalacticGal the parents can pre spray under the bed
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Dishwasher and any musical instrument.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2018
    1. Chessboard
    2. Musical Instrument
    3. Computer
    4. Bookcase

The vampire is biologically immortal, and therefore needs to occupy his time by becoming good at many, many things.
    klestrella wrote: »
    Two things come to my mind:
    • Unbreakable toilets.
    • Toilet paper rolls. Seriously, I edited every. single. lot. I think it's rude to deprive my sims of toilet paper, okay? :lol:

Ha! I do this too. Every lot with a toilet is edited to have a TP roll next to it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Inspired by the fun and informative thread Items that have been banned from your played sims households? by @hunniboo1 I thought we could share the opposite here. Items that are essential in your houses.

I am not talking about things that are necessary for a sim's survival but specific little objects that we love for one reason or another and always use.

G0zbS7I.png

As soon as my sims can afford it, it's the first "luxury item" they get. You don't need to take the trash out nor even need an outside trashcan and it brings money to the household. I don't like how it looks though so I always try to hide it as much as I can.

The trashcan you listed,swings,hottubs,videogame cabinet,videogame consoles,karaoke machine,basketball and card table.
  • fwuffynessfwuffyness Posts: 19 Member
    Thermostat, the shower/bath, chess table, the nano trashcan, sprinkler system and fire alarm.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The thermostat. It helps to keep poor sims poor and prevent rich sims from living on Easy Street.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I'm not sure I've ever heard the game's audio lol. I'm always listening to something else.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    The bathtub/shower combo.

I like the bath/shower combos for kids' bathrooms, but I like separate bath/shower for my master baths so my Sims can take the bath soaks from Spa Day when necessary.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    All the clutter items that gives the build a lived in feeling.. I always use the pen and package from the debug menu in the entrance hall (is that how they called? sorry english is not my first language), and a letter either the single one from debug or the pile that came with city living
    HVyTyGY.png
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Garden Flowers. Tae earn Money the first few weeks. Sprinklers. Tae gain some free time again afterwards. Modern showers - mostly modded. Modern textures - mostly modded. In Addition, I agree tae all of the mentioned above. Pets. No matter which ones. Actually, I cannot concentrate on only one thing ...
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Bookcases, desks with computers on them. Also, good quality kitchen appliances.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    The stereo. It's turned on 24/7 because i cannot live without music :D
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    High chairs. I always feed my toddlers in a high chair. I'm probably the only one who loves using them. :D
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2018

G0zbS7I.png

I also love the Nano trash can, loved it since 2014 when I played my first save and I used it in every house that I played, built and redecorated.
    I like to clean the kitchen myself and drag everything to the can instead of wasting my sims' time. I love that I can drag everything to it and it makes that little animation and money sound. I tried to use the other ordinary trash cans, it just doesn't feel the same and I just had to go back to it.

I retextured it a long time ago to match my own decorating style. I think you're playing vanilla but if you're interested and you're okay with 1 small Default Replacement file, I can share the .package file with you. It only replaces the DST images (contain the PNG textures) and nothing else.

cWF3GCy.png
    V1vHVdL.png
    2g5eyM1.png

P.S.: A trash can next to a pet bowl, not ideal, but I didn't have the space for both objects.

Post edited by Scarbo27 on