Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Honest - or am I the only one.......

2...Next

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2018
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    My sims don't live long enough to explore the tombs!

You probably know this as a super experience Sim on these forums, but Sims don't age while on vacation. And the families at home don't age either. I had my Sim couple take a 3- day vacation right after their child was born and they came back to their freshly new daughter.

In fact staying at vacation homes to level up on skills and photography tomb-raiding is my favorite way to prolong the lives of regular mortal sims. Cheaper than the other ways!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    World Adventures is my least favorite EP. I find the tomb raiding boring, the outfits on NPCs outside the appropriate culture weird, and the opportunities to go to another country boring and a waste of time. I dislike it so much, I play with it unchecked in the launcher.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    My sims don't live long enough to explore the tombs!

You probably know this as a super experience Sim on these forums, but Sims don't age while on vacation. And the families at home don't age either. I had my Sim couple take a 3- day vacation right after their child was born and they came back to their freshly new daughter.

As to this conversation, I never cheat in my games. I've always been leery of damaging my game and just don't like cheats personally. I send my tomb raiding Sims out with tents, food and spray cans to get cleaned up. I was delighted to learn of this Zenport thing! I'm not good at puzzles and this will help my adventuring Sims get much further in their journeys!

@Rhiannon58 Yes, I do know that sims don't age on vacation and have taken advantage of that in the past but generally I just want to get through the generations and traveling would draw things out too much for me. I am also not particularly interested in quests, preferring to play the game in as sandbox manner as it allows. I mod out many annoying things that take the game out of my control to keep it that way.

I used to be the same as you about cheating, thinking that it would damage my game but many years of cheating have shown me that my fears were ungrounded ;)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    @Rhiannon58 Yes, I do know that sims don't age on vacation and have taken advantage of that in the past but generally I just want to get through the generations and traveling would draw things out too much for me. I am also not particularly interested in quests, preferring to play the game in as sandbox manner as it allows. I mod out many annoying things that take the game out of my control to keep it that way.

I used to be the same as you about cheating, thinking that it would damage my game but many years of cheating have shown me that my fears were ungrounded ;)

I get where you are coming from. For me, I find myself in a rut, Sims doing the same things, etc. Going on a vacation fits into my role playing for my Sims. For instance when my 3rd Gen heir got married and the family had enough money to have a huge wedding (by my usual standards) it seemed appropriate to send them on their honeymoon. That couple enjoyed it so much, getting all the interesting stuff and the puzzles were pretty easy, they wanted to go back. So after the baby came, off they went.

I'm sure the puzzles will become less fun as someone progresses like on a 6-day vacation but I might save that for their retirement vacation. And I'm also sure that eventually, I will find things that need to be modded. Last time I played, I was having huge pauses in my game. Might have been my computer trying to update. But if that continues to happen, I'll be looking for help with that.

Back when I first started playing TS2, I dabbled in cheats. For me, it made the game too easy and not fun. Then I had played TS3 shortly after it came out and really enjoyed things like not having to have and maintain TEN FRIENDS to reach the top of a career. So when I went back to TS2, I used a mod that removed that requirement. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll find things to tweak.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I use the game provided cheats. Dragons, high level witches with invigorating elixirs, dragons, fairies with a castle in their pockets, dragons. Stuff like that. Did I mention dragons?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited September 2018
    Am I the only Tasmanian Devil playing Sims 3?
    >:) ~evil laughter~ :waves:
    Life_in_Nikkei_SimmersRiverview3.jpg
    The answer to that, my dear sims...is "because I CAN." MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

If I was able to eliminate objects and the entire tomb with det packs (it's more satisfying); I would.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    What I have found, doing it properly is that the sleeping bags are way handier than the tents, which need a lot of room in a tomb. My sims all go equipped to burgle erm do archaeology with sleeping bags. I get the shower sprays, the bread, I love "eat morsel", the sleeping bag and away we go. The eye thing really is handy to see treasure. I tend to cheat and use "build on this lot" to see if I missed half a tomb again.
    I didn't get WA until I got a laptop with more RAM and by then my sims were all very clever. I wouldn't go near a tomb with a noob Sim. I usually only go raiding with werewolves who are brave and athletic. They have far more endurance and don't mind creepy crawlies or getting singed. All my adventuring sims learn martial arts. Some are Masters. All of them can Zeneport.

I didn't know there was a glitch with the axe hunt. Just ONCE I managed to find the way to the axe almost immediately and it wasn't there! All the hidden bits appeared but no axe. No cheating that time. I had to wander about a bit before it condescended to appear. The first time I hit that tomb I had to exit without saving more than once as I had no escape dust, no cheats and my sim got stuck, ran out of energy, had no room to sleep and was just going to stand there until he died or the vacation time ran out. I hate that tomb.

You do have to try new things sometimes. Tried and tested means you miss some of the game's little surprises. Just last night I found that a witch can go on adventures in the closet or wardrobe by upgrading it with magic. I had no idea.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Hawkflight1066 That time the axe was missing, did you edit the tomb ahead of time? After I edited China to fix those narrow spaces and to make the base camp more to my liking (more privacy for sleeping and showering), the axe was never visible. So I used testing cheats enabled to "buy on this lot." As soon as I got the axe from the buy debug catalog, the one that was already there appeared. When I returned to live mode, it was still visible. Every time I use my edited version I have to do that same thing again.
    I have never modified a tomb so I could play it. I thought it was me being stupid and didn't realise there were glitches until one tomb suffered a disappearing statue in the mirror room. Then I knew that was not my fault. Particularly when it obligingly reappeared after some frantic manoeuvring. I still prefer Sims 3 with all its misbehaviour to Sims 4.
    I still prefer Sims 3 with all its misbehaviour to Sims 4.

Me too!

• bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Hawkflight1066 That time the axe was missing, did you edit the tomb ahead of time? After I edited China to fix those narrow spaces and to make the base camp more to my liking (more privacy for sleeping and showering), the axe was never visible. So I used testing cheats enabled to "buy on this lot." As soon as I got the axe from the buy debug catalog, the one that was already there appeared. When I returned to live mode, it was still visible. Every time I use my edited version I have to do that same thing again.

Oh, I hate the base camp in China. I just replace it entirely. Bulldoze the old lot, and I have one that replaces the Peony House downtown there.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4302129

I also usually edit the Martial Arts Studio lot to add a couple showers and a small kitchen.
    @bklienhart I don't like base camps, period. Sharing living space with a bunch of slobs who leave rotting garbage and broken plumbing all over the place is not my cup of tea. So if my sims are going to do the adventure chains and earn their level 3 visa, I will very often have them sleep in tombs or pitch a tent on a vacant residential lot, use the restroom at the market, eat food from the food merchant, and only shower at the base camp, or even simply use showers in a can, until they can buy a vacation home. They may not have money for a house, but by the time they have earned the privilege of buying one, they always have at least enough to buy a vacant lot and build a small bathroom to pitch their tent next to. There's usually enough for a few kitchen items too, so they can at least have quick meals and sit at a cheap table to eat them.

But nowadays, since I have had enough of adventuring, and just send my sims to get the recipes, fish, produce, and skill equipment unique to the WA worlds, and explore my favorite tombs, I use NRaas Debug Enabler to give them a level 3 visa before they go. Then the first thing they do when they get there is buy a vacation home.
  • FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    I usually give up & cheat when I'm in Egypt.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    WA remains my favourite EP, I have completed the tombs several times so I don't mind a little cheat if I feel it necessary. One weird thing though, I have never been given the opportunity that leads to the nectary being explorable beyond the non adventure chain bit. I am currently playing an adventurer again so maybe this time, fingers crossed (and legs and eyes and anything else I can cross).
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @dothesmustle If you don't get the opportunity "naturally," and you use NRaas mods, you can try assigning it to one of your sims with MasterController. Click on the sim, NRaas > Basic > Opportunity: By Category > (hopefully there's an Adventure category), and you'll get a list of available opportunities. I believe the one you want is something like "Nectar Research Assistant Needed."

Also, google is suggesting that you need to go to Egypt for part of the opportunity chain, so this might take a while.
    WA remains my favourite EP, I have completed the tombs several times so I don't mind a little cheat if I feel it necessary. One weird thing though, I have never been given the opportunity that leads to the nectary being explorable beyond the non adventure chain bit. I am currently playing an adventurer again so maybe this time, fingers crossed (and legs and eyes and anything else I can cross).

Do you always explore both parts of the basement and dive for the bottle of nectar? I think you have to do all three of those before you can get that opportunity. Plus, your sim has to have a level 3 visa.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member

Do you always explore both parts of the basement and dive for the bottle of nectar? I think you have to do all three of those before you can get that opportunity. Plus, your sim has to have a level 3 visa.

Hi Irene, yeah I always search both parts and the dive well, my current sim isn't yet at visa level 3 for France but I am an eternal optimist and who knows maybe this time I will get the opportunity. Thanks for the advice x
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Ha, I teleport everywhere in my game. I get impatient not only with the tombs but everything else.

Sim taking too long to move? Teleport.
    Baby left alone? It’s fine.
    Toddler not where it should be? Teleport
    Alien Abduction? Teleport.
    The Po-Po on your tail? Teleport. And reset sim just for good measure. Don’t need no Jailbird Bob stealing stuff from my simmie’s pockets. :D
    I have to admit to taking one family on a VERY long vacation so their kid could get as skilled up as possible. Very handy, the no aging up on vacation….. It took me a long time to realise that you don't actually have to go home at all if you're rich enough - just keep going to a new vacation destination before you get the "time to go home" compulsory return.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2020
    I used to avoid cheating as much as possible. After doing the adventures multiple times, I now tend to take shortcuts. I bring along Ghost Potion which substitutes for zenoporting. If none of my Sims have learned to make it yet, I'll teleport. It's handy for the gap in the Quarry, open the chests, excavate the digsite (I wait till one is available to make it worth the trip) then drift over to the island and it's high end dig sites. Escape dust takes them back to base-camp. I've also used Ghost Potion (or teleport) when running out of vacation time to get Pangu's Axe. If I don't have time to get there properly, I'll Ghost/tele. Same thing for the island in France. When on a bug hunt (with Collection Helper) there are so many water beetles, ladybugs, etc, I delete them (with shift+click [testingCheatsEnabled true]) so they don't show up and I spend sim hours waiting for the same bugs to render and teleport to the better ones.

Oh. I fogot. Doggie Dig Spots. Since dogs can't travel, these used to be wasted.
    Now: Click > NRass > Debug Enabler > Options: Dog Dig Spot > Move To Family Inventory
    Then I can unpack them later on my home lot for the dogs to dig up.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on

Hi Irene, yeah I always search both parts and the dive well, my current sim isn't yet at visa level 3 for France but I am an eternal optimist and who knows maybe this time I will get the opportunity. Thanks for the advice x

I've been waiting for the quest before I explore the Nectary. Now I'll explore before hand and maybe the quest will show up.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2020
    To those curious WORLD ADVENTURES has a new abilty to learn,they added that feature for a reason.You learn it and can click on a spot and Zenport.No tomb was made wrong it was intentional, for example the area across the chasm with multiple treasure chests you are supposed to Zenport to it.

Zenporting can be learned through martial arts meditation.Zenporting was the method for which the sims team added impossible to reach areas in the first place.There is a tie in between all areas which is why you have quests sending you back and fourth and have smashable rocks in France but need an axe gained in China and having high martial arts to beat mummies is required in Egypt

I agree with this almost completely except for that one tomb in France where you cannot pass to where the floor switch is. You can't zeneport there either. From what I heard, it was broken with the Generations EP patch that made it impossible to get to. But other than that, I don't cheat either as I completely love the whole expansion and experience.

However, if you know of a way to do this one tomb (it's the butterfly one with the 3 rocks in the middle of nowhere) I'd be so happy to know how to do it without cheats. It frustrates me every time!
    To those curious WORLD ADVENTURES has a new abilty to learn,they added that feature for a reason.You learn it and can click on a spot and Zenport.No tomb was made wrong it was intentional, for example the area across the chasm with multiple treasure chests you are supposed to Zenport to it.

Zenporting can be learned through martial arts meditation.Zenporting was the method for which the sims team added impossible to reach areas in the first place.There is a tie in between all areas which is why you have quests sending you back and fourth and have smashable rocks in France but need an axe gained in China and having high martial arts to beat mummies is required in Egypt

I agree with this almost completely except for that one tomb in France where you cannot pass to where the floor switch is. You can't zeneport there either. From what I heard, it was broken with the Generations EP patch that made it impossible to get to. But other than that, I don't cheat either as I completely love the whole expansion and experience.

However, if you know of a way to do this one tomb (it's the butterfly one with the 3 rocks in the middle of nowhere) I'd be so happy to know how to do it without cheats. It frustrates me every time!

I know the garden where you can get valuable grapes in France. You can also reach there by zenport too. Just only one spot will be available for zenport. So you need to try every spot and you will find the spot. But for me, I’m tired of exploring many times, it’s boring to use zenport. It takes 4 hours long every time unless my sim completes the master meditation thing. So I just use teleport cheat for saving time.
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I usually use teleport cheat while staying in WA countries because there are many tasks the sim has to collect many metals or gems for the Npc. If you don’t use the cheat, you will get tired of running around all over the world. So I usually use teleport cheat or collect items using jetpack without cheats. Now I go for the adventure, get visa level 3 after 2 times of visit. I use 2 rewards for adventure. I dont remember the exact names as I’m writing in bed LOL..one is opportunity thing which you can get visa on double. The other one is something traveler which you can stay for 5 days without any visa level. And.. teleport cheat.
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    I usually use teleport cheat while staying in WA countries because there are many tasks the sim has to collect many metals or gems for the Npc.

I've done these often enough that I know what's coming. I generally have a Sim Couple doing the Adventures. A couple of their roommates tag along with Collection Helpers and the Tear of Horus picking up rocks, bugs, and excavating dig-sites (sometimes somebody fishing). I keep spares of the stuff that is going to be needed in my 'travel chest' along with sleeping bags etc. By the time I need them, one of my adventurers has it in their inventory and I just drag it to the one who needs it.

Some people find it awkward with many adventurers. I pause the game and give the roaming sims a full list of chores. When somebody goes into a tomb, I send them to sleep. When everybody else goes to sleep, they get up and I can devote my full attention to them.