Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think if sims 3 and 4 combined it would make a perfect game?

124...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    There's not much that I've seen from 3 that I'd want back. Rather than a full open world though, I wouldn't mind an open neighborhood set up. And there's no way on this earth I'd want to be stuck on one world alone either. I'm trying to think of something from 3 I'd want back...

Maybe an EP concept like Into the Future, with all that scifi stuff? A hightech, maybe even cyberpunk like world, that could be cool. :)

This is why I don't believe a sims game combining TS3 and 4 is possible. We now have two sims communities neither of which might be comfortable with the thought of compromise and given the impossibility of satisfying everyone, there would have to be compromise.

I’m more of a Sims 2 fan, and I don’t know if I can accept more compromises of losing the liveliness of Sims 2 Sims and the details like home businesses and open restaurants (without mods), etc....

I don’t really care about how the worlds work as I’m more concerned with detailed Sims AI and having retail businesses and restaurants.

Creative tools would be really, really nice, too, but for me, it’s the Sims AI and businesses and some small details that engaged me the most in the older first two Sims games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My perfect Sims game would be everything Sims 4 had with Sims 2's fears/wants system, Sims 3's create a style tool, and extreme focus on making incredibly complex personalities and behaviors. I don't really think Sims needs open world. I would prefer open neighborhoods because the interlinked worlds of 4 is one of the best features. I think you couldn't have that if you had open world back.
    alan650111 wrote: »
    My perfect Sims game would be everything Sims 4 had with Sims 2's fears/wants system, Sims 3's create a style tool, and extreme focus on making incredibly complex personalities and behaviors.

Yeah, I think I would like this as well (with better retail and home businesses). As long as the Sims actually react and have some little detailed interactions with it, I would be really happy.
    (She/her)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 one of the greatest things about having four games in a series is we can pick the game we most want to play. I think we all have our own list of requirements for what constitutes a good game. Unfortunately EA can't hope to satisfy all of us in one game. Long term players are a discerning bunch and know exactly what they want so compromise is unlikely to work. I remember Sims 2 with great affection but Sims 3 really met all my requirements. The thought of going back to a game which involves loading screens now just would not float my boat. I tried with TS4 and ended up very frustrated and angry about not being able to explore, or have sight of what all my sims were doing away from the family lot.

All we can hope for in a future iteration is enough flexibility to accommodate as many different play styles as possible. I think the sim AI is very important to all of us so again all we can hope is EA find a personality/trait system which gives us sims with sufficient depth and character to hold our attention.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited September 2018
    I would be fine with open world as long as the Sims AI are charming like in Sims 2 AND I have more populated lots plus good working home businesses and restaurants. And rotational play support.

Those are my personal major areas of interest for the new Sims game.

I really don’t care about how the worlds work. I’m good with either open/closed or an open neighborhood as long as I get the stuff mentioned above.
    (She/her)
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    I love the Sims 3 interactions with each other, I like how...
    * they snuggle in bed
    * how they realistically turn in their sleep
    * how they have different kissing
    * how they have better traits
    * How you can cram all a family in a car and it looks cool
    * Cars
    *Diving boards
    * Swimming in the ocean
    * Roof top views in the city
    * Playground
    * Etc.

What I like about the Sims 4
    * Toddler pool
    * Toddler traits and skills
    * Many worlds
    * I'm getting tired typing it all out but so much more...

They are better separate in the end.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I never had sims2 so I can't comment on that. What I like best about sims4 is the sims themselves, I like that we can move through all the worlds, but they are more like hoods than worlds. There was so much more in sims 3, I never got bored.