Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim genetics

Lately I've found that my sim children look exactly like one of their parents. There doesn't seem to be any mixing of genes so they look either like their mother or like their father. Is anyone experiencing the same?

Comments

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I have not experienced the same but have not had many kids since Seasons came out (just due to starting a new neighborhood and playing rotationally). Will look out for this though.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I don't really look closely enough if I'm honest :D Often a child will look really like one parent, but will have the same eye colour as the other parent, for example. Also my couples tend to look rather similar anyway, I don't particularly spend much time over how exactly a Sim looks in CAS.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I had that issue with a couple of twins that my sims had right after I got seasons. They were identical to their dad so I had to go into cas, delete them and spawn two brand new twins using "play with genetics". I'm hoping it doesn't happen again because it's pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    The Pancakes recently had a child in my game and he is 50 percent Bob, 50 percent Eliza, which makes him 100 percent ugly. :( But the rest of my kids in the game some look like one parent, some look like the other and some are mixed with both.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The Pancakes recently had a child in my game and he is 50 percent Bob, 50 percent Eliza, which makes him 100 percent ugly.

I'm sorry, I can't control myself from laughing... :D

Most of my kids Sims are mixed of their parents. They either look weird or good looking... Maybe because I only allow them to have a child or 2. On the other hand, I found it's interesting to resemble the parent..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I had no kids in a while, but I never really thought of them looking like only one parent. In a family with 4 kids, all grew up with quite unique looks. Isn't the genetics working the same way in game as it is in CAS? Did you try playing with genetics in CAS?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Only on one odd occasion out of hundreds did my game have a child resemble their parent almost 1:1
    Haven't had any kids grow up to teen since I got seasons though so I'm not sure if it'll still happen. I'll keep an eye out as well ^_^

I have this family where the daughter looks an incredible lot like her mom:
    NmNFHdn.png
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I had no kids in a while, but I never really thought of them looking like only one parent. In a family with 4 kids, all grew up with quite unique looks. Isn't the genetics working the same way in game as it is in CAS? Did you try playing with genetics in CAS?

This hasn't been a problem until recently. My sim children sometimes looked liked one parent or the other and sometimes they were a mix of both. Recently however, maybe since Seasons, they resemble one parent completely. I will go into CAS though and experiment with the genetics. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    LiaLiliLiaLili Posts: 2 New Member
    For me, the mixing of appearances is usually subtle. I have one sim that, at first glance, looked a lot like her dad (same nose, facial structure, skin tone, and hair color) but had her mom's eyes and lips. So it's there, but it's not super obvious. If I feel like a sim looks too much like one parent, I usually change their appearance in CAS anyway ;).
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I've noticed the same thing. I have many children in my game, majority are exact copies of one parent. Very rarely I get mix of both. It wasn't like that before, something was changed in game.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    founder Clarissa
    zgNj7wQ.png

Gen 7 descendants

Jane Grace Olivia&HAM
    ypRmjpB.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I hope this isn't another bug. Genetics are one of my favorite parts of the game. We need it to be strong!
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I have four cases of this rn.

two girls have each of their own mother's face, and twin boys are a spitting image of their father.
  • Options
    I've noticed the same thing. I have many children in my game, majority are exact copies of one parent. Very rarely I get mix of both. It wasn't like that before, something was changed in game.

That's how it's been for me and I think this is a recent issue.
  • Options
    I feel like my Sim's daughter is a nice blend of the two.

tC8reSU.png

3Sx2hTt.png

Daughter and heir, Adalyn:

TXwdcsl.png
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I have a sim born in October last year who turned out to be an exact clone of her father. For comparison, here they are both as children

Father
    JuCdq2T.png

Daughter (She did have red hair when she became a toddler but I changed it as I felt it wasn't biologically accurate)
    ghPt4qa.png

Oh, and I have a more recent one of a son who is a clone of his mother :| (no pics though)

Opposite-sex clones seem to be fairly common in my game
  • Options
    s33man wrote: »
    I feel like my Sim's daughter is a nice blend of the two.

tC8reSU.png

3Sx2hTt.png

Daughter and heir, Adalyn:

TXwdcsl.png

She is!
  • Options
    I've grown pretty attached to the Michaels family :)

Also side note: I wanted to give the mother greying red hair but then realized that is not an option. Hmm...
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    The Pancakes recently had a child in my game and he is 50 percent Bob, 50 percent Eliza, which makes him 100 percent ugly. :( But the rest of my kids in the game some look like one parent, some look like the other and some are mixed with both.

Eliza and Bob had twins in my game and they are freaking ADORABLE. So, they can have cute kids. I promise.