Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite CL Festival and why?

13...Next

Comments

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Spice Festival
    I like the Spice Festival to try out the spicy foods and the spices to make them with. I used to be able to harvest tomatoes, but that's gone by the wayside, even before Seasons launched. Going to this festival, and also the Humor and Hijinks one, makes for a nice little 'date', especially for teens.

I bought the spices at the spice festival. But how do you use them?. I can only place them in the inventory or on a surface.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Romance Festival
    Romance Festival, because it provides a quick and easy way to hook up sims I want together without having to go through the hassle of a full-blown romance. (You can probably tell I'm not playing this game for the romance aspect.) I rarely even visit the other festivals, but the Spice Festival sounds like a good opportunity for my cooks to get accustomed to spicy food and learn new recipes, so I might look into that more.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited September 2018
    Spice Festival
    I like Spice Festival the most. There's free food and my Sims always hang out around the bubble blower or singing karaoke with friends. It's the festival I could most see myself spending time at in real life.

The Flea Market and Humor & Hijinks Fest were close in the running though. I like getting deals at the Flea Market or trading collectibles I have doubles of to try and complete the set. Humor & Hijinks can make you a good chunk of simoleons if your team ends up winning and it's great if you're trying to get through the higher levels of comedy or mischief skill.

GeekCon isn't bad, but with Seasons it's always rainy and broken (I haven't seen it functioning once since I got the Seasons expansion). The Romance Festival isn't bad either, but I usually run out of things for my Sim to do and find myself just running out the clock until it's over so I can send them home.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    GeekCon
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I like the Spice Festival to try out the spicy foods and the spices to make them with. I used to be able to harvest tomatoes, but that's gone by the wayside, even before Seasons launched. Going to this festival, and also the Humor and Hijinks one, makes for a nice little 'date', especially for teens.

I bought the spices at the spice festival. But how do you use them?. I can only place them in the inventory or on a surface.

I believe you can use them once you gain the recipes for eating each food that spice requires and then make it at home. I have had to buy more as the one I get I store in the fridge and after a while of making the recipes they vanish so I assume I am using them in some of those recipes. As the item use from the fridge is just a blink if you get notification at all - I just notice sometimes I have to add more ingredients and fresh produce. I only add 10 produce to the fridge at a time and sell all the rest or store it in a trunk - just adding fresh picked to the fridge when the produce gets to 3 or4 so it is always fresh and excellent quality - just in case it helps. Don't know if it does in Sims 4 or not. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Spice Festival
    @Writin_Reg: in TS4, I've always dumped all my produce into the fridge (moving it from my sims' inventories), and it's never rotted (unlike fish). Some families have had 99+ apples/etc in the fridge for years--sim and real. If you'd rather not, you don't have to pick 'em fresh every week. :smile:

My fav. festival is the Spice one; there's simply a greater variety of things to do there. Second fav is the Humor/Hijinks, for skilling purposes; GeekCon is useful for the same reason but I don't find it fun so I rarely send my sims there (and as someone else said, the ones who could use the skilling are usu. at work). Y'all have given me ideas for the Romance festival, thanks--I've found it boring, but obviously I'm not milking it for ze drrrrrrrrrama.

I hope EA eventually makes the spice-fest plants seasonally-appropriate, and put a canvas roof over GeekCon.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Romance Festival
    I finding myself sending my sims to the romance festival the most out of all of them. It's pretty and I like seeing what the love guru has to say about my sims. Also convenient for when I have a couple I was planning on getting married. No need to find a wedding venue or set up one myself.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Flea Market
    I just love the idea of a community garage sale type thing where everyone puts in their stuff for neighbors to get a deal on. Also, if you are aware of the catalog prices in buy mode, its a great way to make a few extra dollars too. (selling things back to buy mode after getting a deal on them at the flea market) I'd love it to be expanded though, sort of trash to treasure style where your sim could spend time refurbishing it so its more valuable or such.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I do love the flea market, if only for buying the old couch and armchair that you can only unlock by buying it there. It is so perfect for more run down apartments and homes. <3
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    GeekCon
    I like them all except the humor one. They are unique on it's own. The romance festival is useful if your sim has a crush or to go on a date to. The spice festival is nice for a foodie sim or for any sim to enjoy actually. The flee market is fun too if you want to sell your stuff and buy something new. I recently gone to the geekcon festival for the first time and i really loved the set-up and the many activities. I think it was done very well and I really felt i was there. It was like i got lost in all the different games to play and activities to do.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Wish I could turn them off. It always spawns creatures I have to delete.
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    GeekCon
    GeekCon because it givea me the chance to use a rocket or observatory when Ican't get them in my lot xD also, I love seeing the cosplayers

My second one would be the Flea market, it really helps my broken Sims and collectors and I love looking for the special items
  • jadevkjadevk Posts: 18 Member
    Romance Festival
    I'm a sucker for romance. I love the colors and music. And the rose petals everywhere!! It's sooo dreamy and magical. Closest I can get to witches. tehe
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Flea Market
    jadevk wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for romance. I love the colors and music. And the rose petals everywhere!! It's sooo dreamy and magical. Closest I can get to witches. tehe

The Romance Festival is nice for marrying couples where they're too broke for a big wedding (or I'm too lazy to plan one), but I want something a little more than just the immediate elopement.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • msminabmsminab Posts: 1 New Member
    Romance Festival
    This was a hard choice, however I chose the Romance festival because it helps my sims that are shy open up more and be more romantic toward their partner. It adds a little extra boost to help them become girlfriend/boyfriend.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    GeekCon
    GeekCon is more like something I’d go to. I have so many computers from contests there..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • NikuNiku Posts: 13 New Member
    Spice Festival
    That or Romance festival. GeekCon is IMO the most boring one.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Romance Festival
    I like two of the festivals I love romance and spice... the romance for the music & drama and the spice for food and general atmosphere.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Spice Festival
    Free food for my poor Sims 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif