Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I cannot place stairs in my house.

RaineRaine Posts: 163 New Member
I've tried everything; making the walls further away, taking away my roof, putting flooring on the next level, removing the carpet under the stairs... none of it will work! I took a picture but I don't know how to get to it... help?

Comments

• RaineRaine Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone at least know how I can get to my picture?
  • RaineRaine Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2009
  • sarahkate_1206sarahkate_1206 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm having a similar problem. I have a second story and everything, and i can place the stairs in SOME places, but not others. For example... i line a wall with floor tiles, just the one tile... and it's red on the first one, i can put it on the second one, but not the third or the fourth (if that makes sense). There is NOTHING in the way but it says "can not intersect object". There's no object there, just bare floor downstairs and upstairs it's just the floor tiles i'm trying to place on. I've moved windows... everything. What's wrong??
  • Molly360Molly360 Posts: 731 Member
    edited December 2009
    Remove the window on the wall where you want to place the stairs!
    xx
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    In Raine's case, the problem is the window on the wall beside where you're trying to place the stairs. Unfortunately, the stairs and that window cannot intersect, which is why your stairs refuse to go there. Remove the window and your stairs should fit perfectly.

As for sarahkate, without being able to see where you are trying to place them, the only thing I can think of is that you are not allowing for the extra spaces required at the top and bottom of a staircase when attempting to place them.
  • sduck1984sduck1984 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if this solves the problem, sounds like Eccles has said the right thing about the window...but it looks as though you have a basement. When i built a basement I couldn't get any stairs to be placed properly, it just came up with two steps in the ground, like the level was wrong, it took me AGES to figure out the floor just needed floor tiles first, then I could put the stairs anywhere...not sure if this is the same problem but thought I would mention it anyway! :wink: