Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You Could Invent A Trait For Your Sims, What Would It Be?

Comments

• taylor_zimmermantaylor_zimmerman Posts: 115 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Spontaneous, Distrustful, Bossy, and Sensitive. :)
  • puppyluvverpuppyluvver Posts: 475 New Member
    edited December 2009
    BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! LET'S BE CREATIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • T3hXinroT3hXinro Posts: 85 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Paranoid! A sim who is constantly looking behind themselves, is suspicious of others, and has a hard time forming friendships because they seem to take everything the wrong way!
  • HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    supernatural powers lol
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited December 2009
    I would like to see the generous trait
  • IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited December 2009
    responsible, dependable, passive, clingy/needy, compulsive liar (this would be really cute,imo..like "Oh, me and so and so are like the best of buds,blah blah blah...lol)mellow/melancholy, deep, noble, superficial, and great storyteller.
    One time, I don't know what I'd downloaded but the trait Stupid showed up in my game. I was like, what the-?
  • IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I would like to see the generous trait
    I'd never be able to put up with that trait lol Like with the Good trait, they'd probably always want to donate to a charity or give their money away. Good is good in RL, but in-game it gets on my nerves. How can you be sleeping on a bench, i'm trying to make you rich and famous someday, you just spent like 4 hours harvesting to make some cash and you wanna give it all away?!!? Urgh! lol
    edited December 2009
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Bumper cars!
    edited December 2009
    Dum de dum de dum
    Just a'waitin for someone to come a'postin.
    Anytime now.
    Come on.
    Press the reply button.
    Right there.
    Go ahead, press it.
    STOP READING THIS DANG POST AND PRESS THE REPLY BUTTON ALREADY!!
    Gosh, people these days.
    Just kidding, love you all!
  • auseliseauselise Posts: 99 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I like the idea of a clingy/needy trait

or a jealousy trait where the sim is constantly jealous of other sims looks/achievements/lives/skills etc

i think we need a bad kisser trait cause it would be funny
  • dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I would invent the hyper and mellow traits, hyper= not as much sleep and can talk to sims and make the other sims feel 'exzilerated'
    mellow= sleeps more and gets bored talking to other sims, also hates hyper sims.
  • Kitten3735Kitten3735 Posts: 241 New Member
    edited December 2009
    curious
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2009
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 - Sims will invade personal spaces of other Sims when they are showering or using the toilet, will often try to peep into bathroom/bedroom windows when sneaking our other lots, can access the "Tell Dirty Joke" social option, and is more likely to have a successful Trashy novel than other Sims. May be difficult to flirt with due to always wanting to Woo-Hoo right away. :lol: Available at Teen stage.

Pack Rat - Sims won't be able to sell anything they've bought/stole/awarded. Period. This includes the Skill Degrees you get when mastering a skill. Sims without this trait can sell items, but doing so will result in a negative moodlet for the Pack Rat that lasts for several days. The good news is you get a postive moodlet for having so much stuff in your house if you don't sell anything! Available at Child stage.

Mute - Sims don't really react much to social situations. Most social Sims will think your Sim is either boring or acting awkward. Sims with this trait won't have their Social needs drop as fast as other Sims. Basically, they just don't like talking and like to socialize through other means, like the computer. You'll me lucky if you can get more than a "yes" or "no" out of these Sims. Available at Toddler stage (which may result in a very difficult time teaching how to talk).

Dreamer - When left to idle, Sims will automatically default to Daydreaming even while standing in the middle of a room. They gain a "Personal Fantasy" positive moodlet if left to Daydream for more than an hour. Sims are more likely to have higher quality Fantasy and Sci-Fi books, as well as higher quality paintings. Combine with the Artist trait to bring in the cash flow and access a new Lifetime Wish Goal "Visually Fantasy" where you must Master the Painting Skill and write 25 Fantasy books in order to complete it. If allowed to sleep for more than 8 hours, Sims get a "Dreamland" positive moodlet in the morning that lasts 2 hours to help start their day right. Available at Child stage.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited December 2009
    The sarcastic trait would be nice
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Bipolar:

A Sim with this trait suffers from extreme highs and lows; some days they will be Ecstatic, and other days thier mood will plummet to Miserable, for no apparent reason.

Due to this, Bipolar Sims will have issues maintaining relationships, as both negative mood days and a propensity to ignore contact with other Sims for long periods can result in lost relationship status over time. Similar effects can apply to job performance, resulting in decreased chance of advancement.

Another effect of the Bipolar trait is that the Sim must be constantly engaged in activities (often alone) that stimulate them. A Bipolar Sim who has not done anything mentally challenging for some time will get a 'Bored Senseless' negative moodlet which lasts until such time as an engaging activity is performed. Such activities include Reading, Writing, Painting, Chess and Martial Arts. Note that careers that do not include a 'stimulating' component (such as Logic) can also result in the 'Bored Senseless' moodlet.

Available at the Child stage, Bipolar Sims have an increased chance of randomly developing the Genius trait if managed correctly. If not managed correctly, they will have an increased chance of developing the Neurotic trait.
  • kazee169kazee169 Posts: 2,984
    edited December 2009
    Stubborn
  • IsenstriderIsenstrider Posts: 981 Member
    edited December 2009
    Blind!
    Runs into walls all the time and can't read the newspaper or play on the computer. x.x :twisted:
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hynotism: Take over npc sims minds to make them cluck like chickens, watch your kids for free, or randomly fight strangers for the fun of it.
  • evey829evey829 Posts: 159 Member
    edited December 2009
    Dumb would be fun.

Also Posh: would never want to cook and do housework, let alone gardening! Would want to spend much time in the spa and to go on expensive trips.

• kittya0kittya0 Posts: 521 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Eccles wrote:
    Bipolar:

A Sim with this trait suffers from extreme highs and lows; some days they will be Ecstatic, and other days thier mood will plummet to Miserable, for no apparent reason.

Due to this, Bipolar Sims will have issues maintaining relationships, as both negative mood days and a propensity to ignore contact with other Sims for long periods can result in lost relationship status over time. Similar effects can apply to job performance, resulting in decreased chance of advancement.

Another effect of the Bipolar trait is that the Sim must be constantly engaged in activities (often alone) that stimulate them. A Bipolar Sim who has not done anything mentally challenging for some time will get a 'Bored Senseless' negative moodlet which lasts until such time as an engaging activity is performed. Such activities include Reading, Writing, Painting, Chess and Martial Arts. Note that careers that do not include a 'stimulating' component (such as Logic) can also result in the 'Bored Senseless' moodlet.

Available at the Child stage, Bipolar Sims have an increased chance of randomly developing the Genius trait if managed correctly. If not managed correctly, they will have an increased chance of developing the Neurotic trait.

Thats rather offensive to people who have Bipolar.. :? :roll:
    edited December 2009
    Shy, Negative and positve sims and good ones :D

Calm - Acts Calm in stressful situttions and dosen't get stressed as easily.

• SquidVonLipwigSquidVonLipwig Posts: 50 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There's a lot, so bear with me.. (Alphabetical)

Apathetic - Sims with this take little interest in anything, and don't really care when things go right or wrong. But they don't really care about not caring.

Brute - Sims will pick random fights in the street, and smash up furniture for no good reason.

Cool - Sims can "Chill Out", make friends easily, and can do "Awesome" things (like Daredevil's Extreme) eg, Make Awesome Pancakes, Go For Awesome Run.

Dumb - Because I liked someone's idea.

Egotistical - Sims with this trait love themselves far too much.

Fabulous - Sims with this trait love to dance and go shopping.

Geek - Sims with this trait don't really want to do anything except play video games and go on the computer.

Ham-Fisted - This would be the opposite to Handy. They're good at not fixing things, sometimes making them worse. But they probably won't kill themselves trying. Probably.

Influential - Again, because I liked someone's idea. Good at talking people around, and at political career.

Jolly - Sims with this trait are always upbeat and happy, spring in their step, and bad things don't slow them down for long.

K - I couldn't think of anything for K :(

Loveable - Sims with this trait will be admired by many.

Menace to Plants - Opposite of Green Thumb, I liked someone's idea.

Narcoleptic - Sims with this trait fall asleep at unwarranted junctures.

Odd - Sims with this trait are a little bit strange. They eat funny combinations of food, and do stupid things to make other people laugh.

Prolific - Sims with this trait are better at writing (like Virtuoso and Natural Cook, but for writing).

Quirky - Sims with this trait are.. Quirky.

Robot - Sims with this trait are robots. They don't burn, but have a fatal, ah, "allergy" to water in all forms. Also, they're a FREAKIN' ROBOT! AWESOME!

Stays Home - Sims with this trait hate leaving their home town (opposite of Adventurous)

Trickster - Sims with this prank love to play tricks on other Sims.

UFO - Sims with this trait will be recognised as aliens (what with having green skin and pointy ears).

...And I'm out of ideas pat "U".

I like the idea of Optimist and Pessimist.

I don't like the idea of Bipolar. People suffer enough with it, I don't want my Sims to have it too.
    edited December 2009
    There's a lot, so bear with me.. (Alphabetical)

Apathetic - Sims with this take little interest in anything, and don't really care when things go right or wrong. But they don't really care about not caring.

Brute - Sims will pick random fights in the street, and smash up furniture for no good reason.

Cool - Sims can "Chill Out", make friends easily, and can do "Awesome" things (like Daredevil's Extreme) eg, Make Awesome Pancakes, Go For Awesome Run.

Dumb - Because I liked someone's idea.

Egotistical - Sims with this trait love themselves far too much.

Fabulous - Sims with this trait love to dance and go shopping.

Geek - Sims with this trait don't really want to do anything except play video games and go on the computer.

Ham-Fisted - This would be the opposite to Handy. They're good at not fixing things, sometimes making them worse. But they probably won't kill themselves trying. Probably.

Influential - Again, because I liked someone's idea. Good at talking people around, and at political career.

Jolly - Sims with this trait are always upbeat and happy, spring in their step, and bad things don't slow them down for long.

K - I couldn't think of anything for K :(

Loveable - Sims with this trait will be admired by many.

Menace to Plants - Opposite of Green Thumb, I liked someone's idea.

Narcoleptic - Sims with this trait fall asleep at unwarranted junctures.

Odd - Sims with this trait are a little bit strange. They eat funny combinations of food, and do stupid things to make other people laugh.

Prolific - Sims with this trait are better at writing (like Virtuoso and Natural Cook, but for writing).

Quirky - Sims with this trait are.. Quirky.

Robot - Sims with this trait are robots. They don't burn, but have a fatal, ah, "allergy" to water in all forms. Also, they're a FREAKIN' ROBOT! AWESOME!

Stays Home - Sims with this trait hate leaving their home town (opposite of Adventurous)

Trickster - Sims with this prank love to play tricks on other Sims.

UFO - Sims with this trait will be recognised as aliens (what with having green skin and pointy ears).

...And I'm out of ideas pat "U".

I like the idea of Optimist and Pessimist.

I don't like the idea of Bipolar. People suffer enough with it, I don't want my Sims to have it too.

Love Your Idea's :D Agree With what you said about the Bipolar Trait also.
  • SquidVonLipwigSquidVonLipwig Posts: 50 New Member
    edited December 2009
    kittya0 wrote:

That brings up a memory from Going Postal (a book) Stanley Holwer Remains Calm :D Then he hits a banshee in the mouth with a sack of pins. Anyway.
    kittya0 wrote:
    Love Your Idea's Agree With what you said about the Bipolar Trait also.

I was agreeing with you :p
    edited December 2009
    kittya0 wrote:

That brings up a memory from Going Postal (a book) Stanley Holwer Remains Calm :D Then he hits a banshee in the mouth with a sack of pins. Anyway.
    kittya0 wrote:
    Love Your Idea's Agree With what you said about the Bipolar Trait also.

I was agreeing with you :p

:lol: Okay