Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs sims 3

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I think all the sims in each game looks great.

I do agree that some in the sims 2 might not be so pretty but you can make them pretty, here is one of my sims for example:

UeOKmHs.jpg
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    deceased
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

both the sims 2 and the sims 3 gave some great gameplay, worlds, tools and content.

if only it was the case for the sims 4, the sims 4 newborns and teens look terrible. some sims seem to look there best in all series if you have the means to create them
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Anything > the way TS2 sims looked. I hated, hated the way they looked. Their eyes and noses were atrocious. Thank god for cc.

thank god for cc,mods with every sims series :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

kati77 wrote: »
    I didn't play TS2 much, but when we got it free I tried it again, and was horrified how ugly the sims were. I had completely forgotten about it. I like the looks of TS3 sims, and I never use CC. But TS4 sims are still even better :)

pity the sims 4 packs isn't as good as its pretty sims :#

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »

I do agree that some in the sims 2 might not be so pretty but you can make them pretty, here is one of my sims for example:

To some extent they did exhibit far more personality and uniqueness than Sims 3 where they all looked the same without any game mod or EXTREME slider adjustments. But that came at a disadvantage

iMa3CMT.jpg

Facial expressions were a little odd though in 2
    L9q8VGi.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »

To some extent they did exhibit far more personality and uniqueness than Sims 3 where they all looked the same without any game mod or EXTREME slider adjustments. But that came at a disadvantage

iMa3CMT.jpg

You have examples of faces being more unique in Sims 2? Because to be honest they look rather identical to me. I like their animations but not their faces (vanilla I mean). Pulling sliders just slightly can also make a difference in Sims 3 by the way.

sM2QPe1.png

But you will have to pull them, that's true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, the preset faces in both TS2 and TS3 are what the game spawns. As we all know so if you want unique Sims you do have to work with the sliders in both games. There are only so many in each game so it's up to us to make different looking Sims. And it never hurts (before you touch sliders) to take a preset face, give it a different nose from the choices or eye shape etc. then start with the sliders. Lots of different possiblities. I have some Sims in TS3 I molded that I really cared about since I wasn't afraid to change things. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A slight hump in a nose may be attrative to someone and not another. :) Higher eyes may be dashing rather than eyes that are lower on the face, it all depends on what we can do and what we like. I think all these games can be manipulated to make different looking Sims, no one has to stick with the face presets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

iMa3CMT.jpg

You have examples of faces being more unique in Sims 2? Because to be honest they look rather identical to me. I like their animations but not their faces (vanilla I mean). Pulling sliders just slightly can also make a difference in Sims 3 by the way.

sM2QPe1.png

Easily done.
    Two men, both without custom content (jacket aside on the 2nd one) that aren't going for ugly look
    A2iIO7R.jpg
    vjowhSj.jpg

However, I give Sims 2 credit for being able to also make the ugliest Sim and pet using single glitch only
    bBJ8o3L.jpg
    L9q8VGi.png

iMa3CMT.jpg

sM2QPe1.png

this.

if you have the means(creative skill) to create them. of course you have to do the work, if you want to create better looking sims.
    not talking about the presets. as said above, the sliders make a big difference.

edited August 2018

iMa3CMT.jpg

sM2QPe1.png

Easily done.
    Two men, both without custom content (jacket aside on the 2nd one) that aren't going for ugly look
    A2iIO7R.jpg
    vjowhSj.jpg

However, I give Sims 2 credit for being able to also make the ugliest Sim and pet using single glitch only
    bBJ8o3L.jpg
    r3OHe4j.png

I can set them apart perfectly fine so I still don't see your point. A matter of adjusting eye sizes, placement and -colour, choosing a different default face to start from etc and then start pulling those sliders.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can see where Joann is coming from, The Sims 2 has slightly limited different variations of different style of sims that you can create. A perfect example would be how Mortimer Goth and the father of the Pleasant family looks in the game. The only way to tell them apart is from hair color and one has a beard. Other than that, they look identical.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
    I must add that @Sorak4 ‘s example did convince me you can indeed create them more unique in TS2 than I thought. But the same goes for Sims 3 and no, you don’t need a game mod or ‘EXTREME’ slider adjustments.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Out of all 4 games, Sims in 1, 2 and 4 looked the best to me. They looked too much like clay in 3. I could never get used to that appearance.
    Are you kidding me? The Sims 4 looks like they were take out of a playdough container and molded together. The Sims 3 is about as close to realistic as you can get. The pets even gives them a strange look because the pets are high resolution than the sims in The Sims 4. The sims look like trash in The Sims 4. They look like polished versions of The Sims 2 where The Sims 3 at least was trying to make them look and feel more realistic.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    No I am not kidding. I think the Sims in 3 were the worst looking TO ME.
    Turn your "Advance Rendering" off and see them how I see them Erica. I think the Advance Rendering was the worst thing that was added to the game. I've spoken to a lot of people and they stated that the advance rendering doesn't seem to work all that well on Windows 10 and most of the time their game crashes from it. I used it once and it made everything look ugly, my ceramic top stove had so much shine on it, I could not even see it if it was under the light directly, the sims all looked like plastic modes and that's not how I play my sims game. With it off, I can actually see the skin texture as you would see the different color variations on some people. But in no way did they look like clay.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Sims in Sims 4...look like trash? Lol.
    Why do you think I haven't been playing it? They took a hug step backwards with the graphics, the sims themselves are completely out of place in the game, they belong in a cartoon world, not a world made for the sims from The Sims 3. The cats and dogs looks way better than the sims.
    unknown.png

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about their favorite sims game. I do have to say this, the opinions for each of them are equal to the sales for them as well. While we can't argue that The Sims 1 will forever be the quarter stone in the series and will always be the example for the series at large, we can definitely that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 stands out in the series as a whole along side The Sims 1.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I'd play sims 3 more if it didn't lag so much. :#
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    The gurus posted a picture stating Sims 4 sold more than 10m though.
    It definitely sold more than 5m back in 2016.

To this day I have no idea how Sims 2 was such a decline from Sims 1.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    The gurus posted a picture stating Sims 4 sold more than 10m though.
    It definitely sold more than 5m back in 2016.

To this day I have no idea how Sims 2 was such a decline from Sims 1.

Yeah, makes me question where Tayra got her numbers from...
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
    @thesimsfairy47 I got mine from a website that bases it from the overall sales of the game. I think they are basing this from the base game. Most of the sites that I've seen they said The Sims 4 still has the lowest sales rate compared to all other PC games.
    @ataurus Lower some of your graphic settings, if you have advanced rendering turned on, turn it off to increase your game's performance.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    > @Tayra said:
    > @ataurus Lower some of your graphic settings, if you have advanced rendering turned on, turn it off to increase your game's performance.

Thanks for the help!