Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects that are a MUST in your sims's homes

Inspired by the fun and informative thread Items that have been banned from your played sims households? by @hunniboo1 I thought we could share the opposite here. Items that are essential in your houses.

I am not talking about things that are necessary for a sim's survival but specific little objects that we love for one reason or another and always use.

In my case is this trashcan
G0zbS7I.png

As soon as my sims can afford it, it's the first "luxury item" they get. You don't need to take the trash out nor even need an outside trashcan and it brings money to the household. I don't like how it looks though so I always try to hide it as much as I can.

What are your MUST have objects?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I agree I love this item too and always save to put it in my households, I do wish it had other colors to choose from so it would match your kitchen decor
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yessss that trash can! It may barely ever fit in with the decor but it’s a must.

As soon as my sims have enough money I always get the plus 10 energy beds because then they can actually be awake in time for work.

Also the attic stack decoration box makes decorating so much easier.

As far as other objects go... Well, my sims always have babies - they’re objects to in this game, right?
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I always add a “study” to my Sim’s homes. I never thought of it as a thing I must have, but I do it consistently. I also enjoy a nicely manicured lawn. And I do love the trash can.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    not sure but in sims 3 i couldn't go without the all-in-one bathroom. I loved that object!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The bathtub/shower combo.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Washer and Dryer. And no I didn't vote for Laundry. LOL But I need a W&D. Some of my small apartments can't fit one, so I have a laundromat in a multipurpose building nearby.

A dishwasher is a must.
    Bath/shower combo. Not just a single shower or bathtub.
    Stereo
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I always have
    - the bird feeder from Backyard
    - a Voidcritter station for the kids
    - the new swing
    - the wall clock from Vintage
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I don't know if this counts and it may sound a bit daft, but there's only one item I can say goes into every sim home....a loo roll in a wc/bathroom. It's only a decorative item I know but I couldn't envisage not putting one by every loo. Go figure. :neutral:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Familyvalues23Familyvalues23 Posts: 47 Member
    As someone else stated I always get the max beds right away so they are well rested.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    A stereo, for me to listen too while they are asleep or at work. Haha.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Since seasons, the thermostat and the fireplace are a must. Aside from those, the nanocan, computer, and the 2x1 walk-in closet!
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Windchimes
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Bookshelf, Desk, Computer, Upgraded oven, Upgraded bed.
    I often forget a stereo until their whims ask for it, but they almost always have a TV straight off the bat.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Dishwasher, bath/shower combined. Thermostat.

Regarding the essentials, they always have the best bed, toilet, fridge and oven they can afford and they ultimately get upgraded to the highest levels.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The Family Bulletin Board from Parenthood, the Walk-in Closets from Get Together, The Umbrella Rack from Seasons, The Drink Tray from Backyard Stuff, and Laundry from Laundry Day. All this stuff all adds some sort of convenience or addition to my game play, the drink tray makes it super easy to serve drinks to sims without any bulk.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    A closet, and my Sims don't use it to change clothes.... :wink:
    giphy.gif
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Stereo - must have music!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    The wall-mounted flatscreen. I always splurge on this because it's the easiest TV to incorporate into a room.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    The yoga mat is the most important skilling friend a sim can have in my book. None of my sims ever live without a yoga mat, and all of my gyms get them too.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think the nano trash can also it's the only thing of it's type. I wish they would give us plainer reskins.

Otherwise there are a few but a stereo (fun or group fun), a little bookcase at least, a level 5 or above energy bed that isn't uncomfortable, a shower that's expensive enough to not give them the uncomfortable moodlet and fridge also that doesn't give them the cheap fridge moodlet.
    The rest just depends on what direction they go especially things that provide moodlets or income.. easel, yoga mat, and guitars are pretty common starters or extras.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Plants! I like the build an indoor jungle nowadays, but I always placed some plants on the counters, desks or table.

241t9ts.jpg
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    My sim's houses always have a stereo so that I don't have to deal with their fun deteriorating when painting, writing, or reading a skill book. It also helps that I really like the songs on the alternative and spooky stations lol.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2018
    • Computer
    • Radio
    • TV (the cheapest flat screen that stands on console tables, because I think it looks nice)
    • Bookshelf (the big wooden one that came with Get to Work is my favourite)
    • Dishwasher (usually the Parenthood one)
    • Coffee machine or tea maker
    • Easel
    • Washer and dryer (and hampers by default)

And recently the window bay seats have become a must, so I always include a bay window in my builds or add bay windows to any house I download. I just love it.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    as with so many other threads, my answer to this is 'it depends'. i try to both vary things and keep things more or less in line with what i believe to be the aesthetics of the household in the building

that trash can does find its way into every alien, secret agent, scientist, or astronaut household i've got, though. because it really is quite awesome

plants are another one, and i purposefully go overboard for sims that love the outdoors (before she moved out, the eldest daughter of my main household basically had a jungle for a bedroom in her parents house. barely enough room to make it to her bed and dresser in the room. she's managed to spread that jungle out now that she has a full house of her own, though)

the thing i've noticed i tend to do is have virtually every household start displaying whatever collectibles they find. my main household has one of everything you can find on display, even though i've got museums for that. and i've lately been purposefully selling off crystals, metals, or elements as soon as i get them just to try and break myself of this (...i say as the fyres have all 25 frogs in the backyard and i'm trying to figure out what to do with them)

...there's also the bed thing. i tend to not stick to just the 10 energy beds, but refuse to use anything under 8, even if i really like the looks for whatever room they'd go in. i'm glad one of the gurus seemed interested in someone's suggestion to use handiness to upgrade beds so their energy rating was improved. would love to see that ingame
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    A lot of times it's the stereo...I genuinely listen all the time if the sims can afford it, a thermostat, a television and game system, easel, a backpack for any school age sims, and a washer and dryer aside from the other items you'd expect to have.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png