Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roof Help.

Alright so i was building an intresting house the other day and i dont like the Auto Roofs. Well when I tried to place my own roofs they always go through my walls. Is their a way to fix this or something?

Thank you.

Comments

• AlidaiAlidai Posts: 859 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The base game roofs show in my game,but when i build a house,and put a roof on it does not show,weird ...
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Don't worry, you are not alone in the Auto-Roof camp - I don't really know of anyone who doesn't have Auto-Roof off by default when building. :D

As for roofs cutting into walls, always make sure you have paged-up to the top level of the floor you are adding the roof to - I've noticed that there are actually 2 'levels' at the roof level in some circumstances. Also, try playing around with different roof styles; some tend to work better than others, and sometimes you cannot get a roof 'right' unless you play around with them and combine various styles.
  • Ron0549Ron0549 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My last home I made had half octagons and couldn't get any roof to fit. My balcony floor was covered by a roof I didn't even put on! Hopefully Eccles suggestion will take care of this in the future! Thanks!