Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable To Enter Two Tombs Again

So here's my dilemma. I was working on the Defeat D.o.n.g Huo adventure, got all the way down to the chamber that holds his sarcophagus and my trip ended. Annoying, but not a big deal. I traveled back to China, made my way back down to his chamber and clicked on the closed door which I had to Inspect. I was told something along the lines that there's a secret switch or something. The thing is that the keystone panel still holds the keystone that opened the door in the first place. Clicking on the door only lets me Re-examine it. I now can't get into the chamber to defeat D.o.n.g. Huo. Sad thing is, I'd already beaten him before, but the game crashed when saving so this is the second time I've done this adventure.

The other tomb I can't get back into is Abu Simbel in Egypt. I entered the left-side door, worked my way down to the next floor and my trip ended. When I went back I can still enter that left door but there's a fire trap blocking the way next to the non-pushable statues. When I click on the trap the only option is to Attempt To Cross but it's not clickable. The door on the right can only be Re-examined so I can't enter that way.

I wish there was a way to easily reset a tomb.

Some other problems I've been having, to name a few ...
:arrow: Disappearing Pangu's Axe, which is really annoying since I'm running out of places to explore that aren't blocked by boulders.
:arrow: Unable to take picture of Town Theatre, which I hear no one has been able to get either.
:arrow: Can't figure out how to get cursed by a mummy when my Sim has level 10 Martial Arts skill.
:arrow: Don't know if this is a problem with my computer but it seems to take a long time for the cities to load when going on a trip. I've never had that problem with the base game, and still don't. Just when going on a trip.

I can't complain too much since I've been lucky and don't have some of the major problems others have had to deal with but my frustrations grow each day that things haven't been fixed.

I was very excited when I heard that in this expansion pack we'd be able to travel and explore other cities, especially Egypt. Lets face it... this is the only way I'm ever going to see Egypt. I have to live vicariously through my Sims adventures. =)

Comments

• ArgeasArgeas Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    I had the same problem with the D.o.n.g. Huo tomb, but I never beat him.
    I could never get into the room.
    The sands of understanding highlight a movable statue, but it doesn't do anything when moved to any logical place. The tomb keeps stating that there is a hidden switch, but I cannot seem to find it.
    I don't want to/cannot drop the quest, but I can't progress with my character in China until I defeat him.
    I have spent 2 human days and about a sim week trying to find the way in.
    I devoted an entire trip to exploring every nook and cranny of the tomb, but the only thing suspicious that I found was a giant rock that I cannot remove.
    Needless to say, it is maddeningly frustrating.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been to either of those tombs, but for the life of me I have a hard time in James Vaughn's hideout in Egypt. I know I went through in another neighborhood before, but now I can't seem to get it. Are the notes with the 2341 and the 8 something clues to which floor switches to stand on?
  • MissReena73MissReena73 Posts: 255 Member
    edited December 2009
    Liana12480 wrote:
    The other tomb I can't get back into is Abu Simbel in Egypt. I entered the left-side door, worked my way down to the next floor and my trip ended. When I went back I can still enter that left door but there's a fire trap blocking the way next to the non-pushable statues. When I click on the trap the only option is to Attempt To Cross but it's not clickable. The door on the right can only be Re-examined so I can't enter that way.

The Abu Simbel tomb actually tells you that you can only enter once. However, if you have the martial arts skill of 5 or higher, you can Zeneport past the flames to get back in and finish the adventure. Takes a little time, but it works.
    Argeas wrote:
    I had the same problem with the D.o.n.g. Huo tomb, but I never beat him.
    I could never get into the room.

I am at work right now, but when I get home, I will grab my notes and get back to you on this one. I did it recently, but all of the adventures kind of run together after a while. Where exactly are you in that adventure?

I haven't been to either of those tombs, but for the life of me I have a hard time in James Vaughn's hideout in Egypt. I know I went through in another neighborhood before, but now I can't seem to get it. Are the notes with the 2341 and the 8 something clues to which floor switches to stand on?

Yes! Keep track of those numbers. Especially the one with the 8. When you get down to lower levels, you are going to see a lot of foot switches. Those numbers
    tell you what switches to stand on to get the door to open the correct way.

For example

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

And the clue is something like 8426. EDit: It is 8436... I was close By stanging on the floor switches with those numbers, you can open the doors.

If you didnt write down, or cant remember the numbers, just do it by process of elimination. I gave the doors letters and then wrote down what the switches activated. Then I was able to figure out what combination opened the doors.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thank you so much. I was about to pull my hair out over it and I couldn't see the diagram in the prima guide very well.
  • LadyHCroftLadyHCroft Posts: 156
    edited December 2009
    Liana12480 wrote:

The Abu Simbel tomb actually tells you that you can only enter once. However, if you have the martial arts skill of 5 or higher, you can Zeneport past the flames to get back in and finish the adventure. Takes a little time, but it works.

Hey MissReena73! I could just hit myself!!! Had the same problem with Abu Simbel, and I keep forgetting I can zeneport!!! argh!!!

BTW, Liana12480, when u exit Abu Simbel, thru the hidden door that opens with the foot switch, once u walk thru that door and the door closes, its supposed to put out the fire on the other side, letting u enter again into AbuS...but clearly this is not always the case, as it has also happened to me.
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Liana12480 wrote:

:arrow: Disappearing Pangu's Axe, which is really annoying since I'm running out of places to explore that aren't blocked by boulders.

Go into Buy Mode and look in your Family Inventory - I've noticed that it turns up there sometimes.
    Liana12480 wrote:

:arrow: Don't know if this is a problem with my computer but it seems to take a long time for the cities to load when going on a trip. I've never had that problem with the base game, and still don't. Just when going on a trip.

This is most likely due to the fact that the game now has to save your current progress in the home town, then load the holiday location and load (or initialise) your progress there, resulting in longer load times. The same applies when going home from a holiday.
  • dewlilydewlily Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    my sim entered the tomb and fought one mummy. he slept in a tent inside the tomb. both times, when he woke up, was transported on top of the dragon's maw and then trapped inside it. you have to either resetSim (enter sim's name) or meditate and then 'zenport' get back inside the tomb. the outer door in the small room directly before the tomb simply reads "re-examine". you can also meditate and then 'zenport' inside the tomb. i can't find another solution :(