Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update on Elle Woods - Amazon's Superstar NPC

NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
Just some news for those for you that are interested:

I recently contacted both Amazon and EA support about this old pre-order bonus - Amazon's Elle Woods - and after some chats, I finally got an answer.

The EA rep said the file is no longer on their end, but would've provided it if they could. The Amazon reps and was told the file is still available (yes, even for a game published in 2003!), but would only provide it out when an order for The Sims: Superstar is placed.

058eba00-11d5-0132-70ba-0add9426c766.gif

AFAIK Elle's download would NOT apply to any of the compilations SS is in, or the Complete Collection. But if you do place an order for either, try contacting Amazon once you place the order! :)

900woh.png

Comments

• NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2018
    Good and disappointing news. Good news is I got my TS1 working and completed my collection for my birthday (never got to have HP, HD and SS as a kid)! Disappointing news is when I went onto my Amazon Library for the code, it wasn't there. Even though I contacted them previously to make sure the link was still available for download before I bought it. So I contacted them about it again and long story short:

CS: Sorry for the confusion, but the link's only available to people who buy directly from Amazon! Sorry about that, just return and then re-order Superstar, and then we'll send you the code. (Even though we still don't technically directly sell the game.)

Knowing my luck, I'd be stuck in a return-order loop over some old bonus content, and that's just not worth it for a few non-playable pixels.

Me: Ah, the fine print strikes back! [insert past "anyone who orders SS can receive it upon request" transcript answer]. Also there was no direct option and it's a Marketplace order, it was still fulfilled by you guys, and [more old transcript].
    CS:
    CS: So how's that sweet credit we totally just gave you been treating ya?

Now I'm actually not upset about this because fair enough, I'm fifteen years tardy to the party, and that's not their problem. However, it's still a bit of a let down that they couldn't honor the previous customer support workers' promise. So, the Elle download is still out there and hopefully, this information could help someone else down the road (presumably someone with much more patience than I).

900woh.png