Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two questions about Martial Arts and being taught songs from the locals.

Only me! :D

Hiya Simmers, I have two questions...

Q1: During a held Martial Arts Tournament I noticed coloured motion lines coming from my Sim and the other Sim whilst they sparred. I read somewhere that these are to do with the traits of that particular Sim, is this true? I was hoping it was something more, like working up the ranks and gaining different coloured motion lines to show for what your Sim accomplished.

Q2: I learnt a few songs from the locals, do these come in handy later on in opportunities OR... are they just for atmospheric purposes?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge parted.

Comments

• jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited December 2009
    Q2: I've learned some songs from the locals. I noticed that when I sing or teach them to other people that our relationship increases faster. My sim also sings in the bath, shower, while gardening, fishing, shopping and her fun is always up.
  • SIMply_DivineSIMply_Divine Posts: 413 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I've seen my Sim sing whilst doing some fishing, it's neat. I guess the songs are just a new social interaction then and nothing to do with later opportunities, but I will keep an eye out just incase they are required. :)
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    1. To my knowledge, the color of the 'motion blur' is random; I know for a fact that it does not change with rank, but the concept of it being influenced by traits is intriguing.

2. I don't know about songs from other countries as yet, but one of the Chinese songs can be used as a romantic interaction, allowing your Sim to 'serenade' another.
    edited December 2009
    On first play my Sim showed royal blue motion lines, Her traits were, Adventurous, disciplined, Bookworm, Artistic, and the Photography trait, she maxed her Athletics skill and Martial Arts skill as well as doing all the available Martial Arts challenges in the journal.

On second play, as I started a whole new game, she had what looked like a light brown coloured motion line with the traits, Adventurous, Disciplined, Daredevil, Bookworm and Lucky. Same situation as before with Athletic and Martial Arts skill maxed and challenges completed.

I've seen other Sims with green and pink motion lines as well, and if it's anything to do with the traits I suppose it's worth looking into.

My Sim always sings that Chinese romance song whilst fishing, perhaps she's trying to serenade the fish out of the ocean and into her fridge?
  • aussiedonnaaussiedonna Posts: 155
    edited December 2009
    1. I am still trying to work this one out. I invited a Chinese guest to my home town, after days of sparing the lines went from green to red then blue. I don't think it has to do with personality traits. My Sim is trying to gain their 5th Tournament Title and I think I will have to spar with several people over a couple of days straight to get the blue line before trying to achieve the maximum level.

2. As for the songs I am sure that they are meant to do something. When I had a lot of bug problems (before I reinstalled the game) I noticed when my Sim was in France she kissed her friend on both cheeks. Maybe you are meant to be friends with everyone in town before the singing has some kind of true affect.
  • dragonfire351dragonfire351 Posts: 129 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Looks almost like a Matrix rip-off. All they need now is the 3-D rotation freeze frame. Funny thing - I actually recreated Neo as a sim in TS2.
    edited December 2009
    aussiedonna: That's interesting. So, the coloured lines did change over time even with the same traits? I'm going to do some testing.

dragonfire351: LOL, yes it is all a bit Matrixy!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    edited December 2009
    I sing songs back to the locals whenever I need to befriend them. There are some quests where your sim must ask 3 sims a question they won't reply unless you got some relation to them.

Back in town some sims do sing a song after putting their baby or toddler into the crib, I find that very sweet, but it has no effect :-)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg