Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited September 2018
    Entry Form
    QC challenge no: 67
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: not required for this challenge
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Cantina El Árbol del Jaguar in Selvadorada
    Gallery Build Name: caribbean Island Dreams
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/208280D7B94F11E886C677C0F1EC7B3C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Back Story:
    This Caribbean island vacation destination is a private residence with its own beach for a family of five Sims. Enjoy lounging on the beautiful beach or swimming or fishing in the ocean. The spot has a plethora of activities for Sims to enjoy --- have a water balloon fight, play some games at night in the game room and pamper yourself in the sauna, get a massage or use the bubble blower and tropical bar.
    Notes about entry:
    1. The 7 lounge chairs are made from chairs and ottomans combined to make lounge chairs. Sims can sit or nap on the ottoman part.
    Images (6 max):
    6hvAwKq.jpg
    street view
    mNNHVet.jpg
    1st floor bird's eye view
    sj9mJ1s.jpg
    the front of the beach island
    TCQfzb7.jpg
    the back of the beach island
    JGaCQnu.jpg
    the lobby with lemonade in front of the fire
    OKY2Q0x.jpg
    the bedrooms and bathrooms in the sleeping area of the private residence
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited September 2018
    The layout and exterior design of carribean Island Dreams is very nice ! @coolsim9999999 :) The peaked hut style roofing gives a great tropical look to the build! The lamps look great on the roof. It looks very nice how you have designed the beach and the ocean. The turtles look great in the water. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers under the umbrella. Very nice sauna nook for Sims to enjoy resting in the sauna. They will enjoy playing the guitar or the keyboard. Very nice Tiki bar and outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, or eating meals at the picnic table, listening to music from the juke box.Sims will enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice layout of the interior! The design of the lobby area is very nice! It looks great how the chairs have been placed around the octogonal coffee table, for Sims to enjoy sitting there near the fireplace, having a drink of lemonade. Very nice games room for Sims to have fun playing chess and arcade machine games, or enjoy watching tv. The teddies in the kids room look very cute! It is nice that there is a massage room, for Sims to enjoy having a relaxing massage when sitting on the chair or laying on the table.
    It is a very nice vacation venue ! :)
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my Caribbean vacation destination @rosemow B)! I’m really happy that you like the exterior design, layout of my build, the tropical style of roofing that I chose, the lights atop the roof, the design of the beach and the ocean, the turtles in the water, the umbrellas, lounge chairs, sauna corner, keyboard, guitar, easel, jukebox, and dining area with a grill and the Tiki bar :D! I’m really glad that you like the interior of my build, the lobby’s design, the coffee table and chairs in front of the fire, sipping lemonade, game room with a chess table, arcade game, and TV, the teddy bears in the children’s bedroom, and the massage room with a massage chair and table :)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @lsnishi and @chips46 I have finished by Fish Jump Testing and posted my conclusions to the help thread. I hope this is the information @crinrict is wanting.

my map
    showing affected neighborhoods and a few other random bits

the lot

the SIMs
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Aw, thanks for doing all that work @JojoMOMSTER! I was too lazy to try all the neighborhoods. Once I found a lot that the fish jumped, I used it. Have to do the landscaping on my beach front lot and then playtest. Have finished the interior and exterior.

Love all the lots submitted so far! Can't wait to see everyone's lots. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited September 2018
    @lsnishi You are most Welcome! I was curious if there was any rhyme or reason and I'm glad I could discover a pattern to put some sense to the mystery. Have fun finishing your build!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER for helping and testing with our fish not jumping that there is a problem with the fish not jumping on some of the lot

Can't wait to see your build to @lsnishi and anyone who is doing this challenge build

Mine is almost done just playtesting for now and while I was playing I saw something swimming in the water and it wasn't just the fish its one of my sims pet dog having a swim with the fish having a great time in the water :D
    SMPz7Zg.png
    I will look forward to seeing your home! @chips46 :) It is great that your sim’s dog was enjoying swimming in the water amidst the fish! :)
    It will be great to see your finished home @chips46 B)! Good luck finishing it :)! I'm glad you like my house chips, and everyone else's so far :)<3! Great homes so far everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited September 2018
    Maybe it’s a dumb question. Has anyone been able to use the fountain tool combined with the fishing sign to make a backyard fishpond And somehow made the fishing sign unuseable because if you have a Koi pond in your yard you don’t go fishing in it.
    @JojoMOMSTER, I never tried to make a fishing spot with the fountain tool. I think it might be too shallow. There are different rules for constructing fountains and pools, for instance I know you can't draw a fountain in foundation. You can draw a pool in foundation though.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @lsnishi I’m sure you’re right about depth. I will check just to see. I think my best option is Bakie Gaming koi spawner. Or his fish spawner.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Maybe it’s a dumb question. Has anyone been able to use the fountain tool combined with the fishing sign to make a backyard fishpond And somehow made the fishing sign unuseable because if you have a Koi pond in your yard you don’t go fishing in it.

I have made a fountain with fish before.... you place a buydebug fishing hole on the floor of the fountain.
    Thanks @gmcrozier, it had never occurred to me to put fish in the fountain much less to put the fishing hole in there. :) Now, I'll have to do a build with it.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Thank you @gmcrozier . For how much I have obssesed over this . . .I will say that my life is now complete for the moment. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I don’t even care if my lawn fish get jealous because this is genius idea.
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Apologies for being a tad late, had no internet all weekend!

QC challenge no: QC67
    Origin ID: jadeiam
    Original Lot used: The Lighthouse, Windenburg
    Gallery Build Name: Carefree in the Caribbean
    Gallery Link: Carefree in the Caribbean
    Notes about entry: Tropical Caribbean bungalow perfect for the family getaway, complete with private beach! Two bedrooms, master with ensuite, walk through laundry, open plan living, dining, kitchen, sunroom and spa, with breezy ocean views from the wrap around verandah. Carport, playground and loads of activities.

Image Gallery: Carefree in the Caribbean

yTjKJWt.png
    WAjnSAg.png
    wUqXtAC.png
    PbrqDGX.png
    xW2qLp3.png
    613McyL.png
    edited September 2018
    The exterior design and layout of Carefree in the Carribean is very nice! @Oliana :) Very nice wraparound front porch! The colourful floor rugs are a nice touch there.Very nice seat bench sitting area there, for Sims to rest in the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. The string lights look pretty! The two sides of stairs and pretty flowers at the front entrance area of the home looks very nice. The carport and car looks great in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The green leafy wallpaper captures the Carribean theme so very well! It gives a restful and casual feel to the room areas. Very nice open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living areas. The tv watching area is very nice! The patterned cushions sofas and stool are very nice for Sims to sit and relax there, and watch tv. It is nice that you have used the round circular dining table, with green chairs placed around it. The yellow flowers picture is a sunny touch on the kitchen wall. Very nice computer desk corner nook for Sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer. Very nice design of the beach area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the water or relaxing on the loungers under the umbrella. Nice firepit nook for Sims to enjoy chatting around the fire, toasting food. Kids will have fun in the kids wading pool.
    It is a very nice vacation home! :)
    You aren’t running late as the deadline is September 21st/22nd, depending on where you live :)
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited September 2018
    Excited to see everyone's beautiful designs for vacation houses! So relaxing...now I want to go to the beach lol :)

Post edited by RivendellStar on
    jiyKE8j.png
    edited September 2018
    Excited to get to be back and play Sims a little bit...life has been so busy! Missed everyone!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    Excited to get to be back and play Sims a little bit...life has been so busy! Missed everyone!

your post has double tags on your pics, you just need to edit your post and delete the extra tags

ie: your post has your images like this "[ i m g ] [ i m g ] .... [ / i m g ] [ / i m g ] , so delete one on each side, so that there are only one left for each.

Hope that made sense!
    Thanks @Sbodine89 :)
    jiyKE8j.png
    edited September 2018
    Good to see you back @RivendellStar! Love your colorful Indian room!
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top