The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Honest - or am I the only one.......

I'll admit to being impatient, short attention span, poor observation skills, give up easily and very bad at logic....
So am I the only one - or at least the only one prepared to admit it - who has lost their temper in World Adventures when they couldn't find the goal, or when they didn't manage to "full explore a tomb". I have never tried the life time award of fully exploring tombs or finding all the lost islands because I just can't do it. Rich sims yes - pockets bursting with treasure, but I don't think I've ever fully explored any but the easiest tombs. I HAVE obliterated offending tombs even though it took - a very long time to demolish a large pyramid..... Am I the only Tasmanian Devil playing Sims 3? Did you ever knock down a wall, create yourself a missing key using buydebug or teleport your sims into impossible corners in order to cheat the rules and get the treasure?

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I've teleported my sim in a tomb before, not through impatience, but because in the tomb where you retrieve Pangu's axe, there is one door in there that once opened, means your sim always has route fail when trying to go through. I got so frustrated I just teleported my sim into the next room to avoid it.
    Other than that, I actually love exploring tombs. I admit to using Max Motives so that I don't have to pitch a tent, eat food, or have my sim pee themselves, and they can keep on raiding the tomb without issue.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have cheated to get my Sim's energy levels up before when exploring
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    To those curious WORLD ADVENTURES has a new abilty to learn,they added that feature for a reason.You learn it and can click on a spot and Zenport.No tomb was made wrong it was intentional, for example the area across the chasm with multiple treasure chests you are supposed to Zenport to it.

Zenporting can be learned through martial arts meditation.Zenporting was the method for which the sims team added impossible to reach areas in the first place.There is a tie in between all areas which is why you have quests sending you back and fourth and have smashable rocks in France but need an axe gained in China and having high martial arts to beat mummies is required in Egypt
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    I´m even more extreme than you: after trying out one tomb I just realized that WA is the most boring EP for me. Although the 3 destinations are beautiful worlds there is nothing to do for my Sims. And I really dislike doing tasks in a fixed way.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    @AlexaKry You don't have to do anything with tombs at all.If you know where they are how to spot them or better yet have Tear of Horus it shows all digsites on the ground in map mode.Can just visit for a vacation and dig when you are bored,all unique treasures can be aquired by digging alone no set goals no secret doors no mummies just a casual thing plus it is fun to see what you get even some of the broken pottery and cheap generic artifacts you can find look awesome in houses as decor.

Think of it as a Archeology career the sites are just in jungle areas by lakes or streams out in the open etc

72VdtpC.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I enjoy the challenge of the tombs and love getting that fully explored reward. I did not cheat the first time I played the tombs. I didn't even know the cheat codes back then. I did have my sims learn martial arts and get the ability to zenport and found it useful in the tombs.

I do cheat with motives now and the first thing I do now when I send a sim to a WA tomb is go into buydebug and buy the ax so we don't have to discover it!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I only got WA for the CAW side of things. I did try one adventure into China and couldn't find the marketplace. I have not bothered since so no need to go pullin down walls and I reserve my swearing for when CAW misbehaves :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • SqueemotasticSqueemotastic Posts: 25 Member
    WA is my favorite ep! I have fully explored every tomb in all 3 worlds. CravenLestat is right about the need to zeniport- it, the tears of Horus and the moodlet manager all are necesary for me. I generally use my second or third gen sim so they can inherit the moodlet manager from a relative. They can also travel to china and bring back a training dummy and board breaker so my explorer sim can begin training while still in school. I start them meditating as soon as they reach level 5 in martial arts so they can get to that 150 hours as early as possible. It's all about the challenge for me! I also love having homes in all three worlds for the change of scenery as my sims go about their busy lives. (And as a way to spend the crazy amount of money they earn through tomb raiding!)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    When I get fed up with them, I teleport my sim to the goal.XD I'm not good with puzzles.lol
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    To those curious WORLD ADVENTURES has a new abilty to learn,they added that feature for a reason.You learn it and can click on a spot and Zenport.No tomb was made wrong it was intentional, for example the area across the chasm with multiple treasure chests you are supposed to Zenport to it.

Zenporting can be learned through martial arts meditation.Zenporting was the method for which the sims team added impossible to reach areas in the first place.There is a tie in between all areas which is why you have quests sending you back and fourth and have smashable rocks in France but need an axe gained in China and having high martial arts to beat mummies is required in Egypt

I agree with this almost completely except for that one tomb in France where you cannot pass to where the floor switch is. You can't zeneport there either. From what I heard, it was broken with the Generations EP patch that made it impossible to get to. But other than that, I don't cheat either as I completely love the whole expansion and experience.

However, if you know of a way to do this one tomb (it's the butterfly one with the 3 rocks in the middle of nowhere) I'd be so happy to know how to do it without cheats. It frustrates me every time!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    World Adventures is my favorite ep. I like how it changes up game play, using puzzles and quests. I like that I don't necessarily have to do the quests, though. I usually have one sim dedicated to the whole "tomb raiding" and quest aspects, and then I use the destinations for vacations for other sims. I believe you can add to those worlds so sims have more to do. I don't think I've come close to doing everything yet. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I also love world adventures and while I enjoy the tombs there does seem to be areas where cheating has to applied because as another player mentioned the bugs.. I also love adding player made lots to these worlds including community lots where my sims mingle with the locals a lot more than they normally would when visiting.. I love my sims to have vacation homes in all 3 worlds but of course the visa level has to be brought up by all means possible before they can have long stays there.. unless anyone has found a mod that actually works that cheats this because the ones I have tried in the past do not work.. I also use the traveller mod and have custom worlds I like to use for sims vacations but I always go back to the WA worlds as well :)
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @SPARKY1922 : Debug Enabler can be used to raise the visa levels. (Click on the active Sim, it´s the second option: Add/Set visa level)
    @CravenLestat : thanks for trying to help me to get a bit fun in the WA worlds, but I think they are the least interesting worlds, sorry :D but I always use the objects like the training dummy or the vine maker. But thanks to Traveler I can travel wherever I want and the normal worlds offer so much more to do! :)
    @AlexaKry

Thank you so much for that info of course i just never thought about doing it that way until now when you mentioned it-) it's a shame you are not keen on the WA worlds much but each to their own in sims games that's what choice it is all about :)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love puzzles (who would have thought), so I'm enjoying my first run through the tombs very much.

When I did the Pangu's Axe quest a few months ago, I was quite frustrated that I couldn't get into a couple of rooms near the axe. (It's because the hidden door causes a route fail along the narrow passageway.) I really REALLY didn't want to cheat so soon into my WA experience, so I resisted the temptation and left it alone for the rest of the vacation. On this trip, though, my sim could zeneport, so I sent her directly to the other end of the hallway. After collecting some treasure, she could open the hidden door and access the last room, then close the door again and walk back through the hall to the rest of the tomb.

I also haven't resorted to maxmotives. Sims can eat dried food or fruit and sleep in a sarcophagus if necessary. Steel bladder is one of my sims' first rewards anyway. And the really long tomb in France under the burial mound has a tent a couple of levels down if you need it.

For people that like vacations but want something different, ask igazor how he *refurbished* a few tombs. I believe some of them now host clubs and bowling alleys and the like.

@SPARKY1922 You can also use Traveler to pause a vacation clock whenever you want. While your sims are in the vacation world, click on the base camp tag, NRaas > Traveler > Pause Travel > True. You also get three free extra days vacation from the Prepeared Traveler LTR.
    @puzzlezaddict

Thank you so much for reminding me of this option I thought i had tried this with the clock ages ago in WA worlds and didn't think it had worked I will try again at some point and come back and let you know :) I knew about the prepared traveller LTR and that does help but I am one of these players if I want to stay a very long time in WA worlds I like to have that option.. :)

@igazor

I would like to hear more about your refurbished tombs.. and some pics would be even more awesome :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I do either teleport my sims past the too narrow passage in the Temple of Heaven, as well as another one in Tuatha's Garden, or edit the lots beforehand to remove the walls. I have also, but only once or twice, when arriving at a location where a key my sim didn't have was needed to open a chest, gotten it for them from the buy debug menu. It's not that I don't have the patience to finish the tombs without cheating, it's just that I have done so about a zillion times, and it's gotten old.

Since I have had my fill of adventure chains, and now prefer to just explore my favorite tombs without all the time-consuming steps, I now use NRaas Debug Enabler to open any of my favorites that require a key from an adventure chain. I also give my sims level 3 visas with Debug Enabler, so they can buy a house right away. If I ever again feel a desire to go through the adventure chains again, I will do it without cheating, except for those two narrow passages that were not intended by the developers to require zenoporting, but were made impassable by the Generations update.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I like WA for the items, skills and ability to travel, but I’ve never completed all the tombs. I think what ultimately led me to lose interest was the back and forth tasks, especially ones between the three worlds. I’m fine with quest chains in other games, but I’m just not a big fan of them in the Sims and found them tedious. I’ve always said I’ll complete the WA tombs someday just for the experience, and maybe I will. Or not, lol.

I guess I prefer other goals for my Sims when traveling/vacationing—skilling up in martial arts, photography and nectar-making, collecting/gardening/fishing, meeting the locals, shopping & dining... and I really like the idea mentioned involving renovating some of the tombs! I think I’ll try that.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    My sims don't live long enough to explore the tombs! My sims teleport everywhere, every day! They have limited time to raise a family so I am not going to waste even a moment waiting for them to walk from one end of the lot to the other! ;)
    On the odd occasion that my sims have done exploring, I "cheated" from start to finish. I don't see the way I play as cheating. I see it as creative game play and me getting to where I want with the least possible effort :p
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've not cheated on my World adventures travel when I first got a working copy though I might if I had to get past bugs or glitches to complete adventures and I'd set the worlds up with more to do than just the adventures.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I love to explore tombs!
    When I first played WA the novelty wear of rather quickly because I culdn't stand the whole loading screen time... so I almost never played WA (I only played like two adventures from Shang Simla and Al Simhara). But this was on my old laptop, now in my new one I started a lepacy and I got an adventurer sim (and a photographer) and I've been playing the EP like there's no tomorrow and I'm here like... "No wonder so many people love it, I've been missing on so much fun! :love:"

With that being said, I find the puzzles entertaining and I did cheat... I don't remember the name of the adventure, but it was in Al Simhara, had to find 3 relics, when I was searching the third one I think...? (the relic of eternity) I reached a room in the tomb that I thought was the end, what with the nice treasure chest and all... but I did not get the relic from it :scream: after going back in the steps and rooms and everything to search if I missed something I give up and googled where the relic was supposed to be (thankfully there seems to be good walkthroughs for the adventures), turns out I was in the correct place with the correct chest but my adventure got bugged (I even found people running into the same problem) so the chest didn't generate the relic and didn't even have that special shine to it... so I had to reload an anterior save and play the whole thing again... :bawling:

As for teleporting, like @CravenLestat mentions, I only have used like a couple of times Zeneport, I thought that the hability has to have a reason to came with WA... (I hope) and my sims don't sleep because... Moodlet Manager :sunglasses:
    I mean, I know the Moodlet Manager it is kinda cheaty for some... but it cost my sims a lot of lifetime happiness points! they're allowed to use it! :flushed:

Last time I played, I did cheat again, I miscalculated the amout of time I'll need to clear one of the adventures in Shang Simla, my sim already got all the visa levels, but I thought I'll be fine with the days I chose and ended up needing like two more days :sweat: so I had to pause the time with Traveler mod... didn't think too much of it because I really didn't want to return again since my sim would have cleared her 6th or 7th tomb in this journey and was more than ready to go to Champs Les Sims to fulfill her lifetime wish. In that regard I'm already impatient, I can't wait for my adventurer and photographer to fulfill both their lifetime wishes so I can jump in the third generation already :lol: .

So, you're not the only one who cheats... in one way or another, I do too :smile:

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm guilty of teleporting when I feel it's necessary or cheating needs but not often. I enjoy completing quests and WA is one of my favorite packs. There's no wrong or right way to play though... whatever floats your boat.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited September 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    My sims don't live long enough to explore the tombs!

You probably know this as a super experience Sim on these forums, but Sims don't age while on vacation. And the families at home don't age either. I had my Sim couple take a 3- day vacation right after their child was born and they came back to their freshly new daughter.

As to this conversation, I never cheat in my games. I've always been leery of damaging my game and just don't like cheats personally. I send my tomb raiding Sims out with tents, food and spray cans to get cleaned up. I was delighted to learn of this Zenport thing! I'm not good at puzzles and this will help my adventuring Sims get much further in their journeys!

• bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    My sims don't live long enough to explore the tombs!

You probably know this as a super experience Sim on these forums, but Sims don't age while on vacation. And the families at home don't age either. I had my Sim couple take a 3- day vacation right after their child was born and they came back to their freshly new daughter.

As to this conversation, I never cheat in my games. I've always been leery of damaging my game and just don't like cheats personally. I send my tomb raiding Sims out with tents, food and spray cans to get cleaned up. I was delighted to learn of this Zenport thing! I'm not good at puzzles and this will help my adventuring Sims get much further in their journeys!

Sometimes I use the tents & shower in a can, but mostly I use the moodlet manager for those things. I do carry around a shower in a can in case my explorer catches on fire though.

I did do all the tombs the "right" way, when WA first came out. These days, I mostly skip them and use the worlds just as vacation spots.