Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the MCCC Mod worth it?

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I think so. I have used it for over a year. I used to use many NRAAS mods in TS3. I love MCCC. I don't have any issues. As long as you know how to use mods, backup your game, etc, I think you will be fine.

Like this simmer ^^^, I used to use the NRAAS mods in TS3, and have used MCCC for over a year now. I was very afraid to try it at first because the mod seemed so "of EPIC Proportions" so to speak, then TS4 got really boring and just wasn't holding my attention as it was currently, then I downloaded MCCC and slowly tested the waters little by little, and Voila! just like NRAAS saved my TS3, TS4 without MCCC is pretty much a deal breaker. I will go weeks without playing TS4 if needed after a large patch or new EP if it took that long to update it. (Fortunately the modder loves his/her??? mod too, so it gets updated like almost immediately, which is another plus for downloading it :)

On a side note: @lasummerb, your avi makes me seriously want to go back to CC. Gorgeous sim indeed <3

@djacquelynstew I completely agree! I still play TS3 and if I did not have Overwatch I could not play it. I use several others by Twallan as well. So, I was happy when I heard about MCCC.

And thank you! That is GG, my Brazilian bombshell. I love her so much!
  • ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    Intetesting!
    I've been thinking about getting MCCC for a while because it seems so customisable... I'm just not sure it will suit my play style.

I'm assuming that if MCCC is installed, it affects all of your saved games?
    I usually play a family at a time and I like to have a lot of control over everything that happens, but I am thinking about starting a new save for a legacy-type game. Seems like MCCC would be good for my legacy playthrough, but I'm not sure I'd want it changing things in my other saves. I'm obviously far too much of a control freak :wink:
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I can’t imagine playing without it. It took some time to fully understand all settings, but once I did, it’s perfect.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, it is. :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I love it!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @leetamme MCCC has definitely been a game changer in my game. What I love about it, is that you can customize everything to your liking. & it's really based on your gameplay style & what you're looking for. For me, I play legacy challenges....and when my Sims move out....I want to see their lives progressing and just in general I love to see my NPC's lives progressing. You can setup your settings to how you want to see your game. Let's say there's a specific Sim that you want to get married right away (like a Sibling that has moved out for example).....you can flag that Sim to get married. There's just so much you can do with this mod....that like I said, it was game changing for me. & I love it for other things just to add some spice into my supernaturals....there's a setting where vampires can turn other Sims vampire by feeding on them. I have this set very low, as I don't want it happening all the time, but I love that it's an option where it can happen. There's options to tweak alien abduction settings. Ever since Get To Work, EA changed that game after release to where alien abductions don't happen at all or nearly enough to my liking. So MC has a module dedicated to Occults....and you can increase the frequency of abduction and alien pregnancy. & all these settings can be disabled as well.

& my all-time favorite feature of MC is that I can turn-off autonomous actions that I find annoying in the game. Like for example, Sims and their constant need to grab a glass of water. I have that turned off. I can make my Sims grab a glass of water if I want to, but they won't autonomously just grab 10 glasses on their own. The constant need for Sims to autonomously stretch etc. My list can go on and on of the autonomous things that Sims do in this game, that gets on my nerves that I love that I can just turn it off and make it stop. & then for NPC's Sims....ever notice how funky they can be dressed at times? With two clicks, I change their outfit or remove something that they're wearing. So this mod is huge.....and there's just so much functionality that it has. I honestly can't imagine playing without it. I have tried and can't LOL.
    Again, everything can be customized to suit the player. You can choose to use a feature or not. I'd definitely recommend reading up on each of the modules on Deaderpool's Tumblr page and making sure you understand the functionality. & I say give it a shot. Download it....try it out....and if you dont' like it or it doesn't work for your game style....just take it out. Simple as that :)
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited September 2018
    MCC not only increases the variety of the game, but it is very useful for builders. There you can permanently set all the codes that are needed for the construction - for example, Free Build and unlock everything from the buying panel. You can also enable debug options permanently.
    I can not imagine a game without it.
    As long as you remember about replacing the MCC with the current one after every patch, everything works flawlessly.
    Having MCC in the game does not affect the house labeling CC in Gallery.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    @leetamme MCCC has definitely been a game changer in my game. What I love about it, is that you can customize everything to your liking. & it's really based on your gameplay style & what you're looking for. For me, I play legacy challenges....and when my Sims move out....I want to see their lives progressing and just in general I love to see my NPC's lives progressing. You can setup your settings to how you want to see your game. Let's say there's a specific Sim that you want to get married right away (like a Sibling that has moved out for example).....you can flag that Sim to get married. There's just so much you can do with this mod....that like I said, it was game changing for me. & I love it for other things just to add some spice into my supernaturals....there's a setting where vampires can turn other Sims vampire by feeding on them. I have this set very low, as I don't want it happening all the time, but I love that it's an option where it can happen. There's options to tweak alien abduction settings. Ever since Get To Work, EA changed that game after release to where alien abductions don't happen at all or nearly enough to my liking. So MC has a module dedicated to Occults....and you can increase the frequency of abduction and alien pregnancy. & all these settings can be disabled as well.

& my all-time favorite feature of MC is that I can turn-off autonomous actions that I find annoying in the game. Like for example, Sims and their constant need to grab a glass of water. I have that turned off. I can make my Sims grab a glass of water if I want to, but they won't autonomously just grab 10 glasses on their own. The constant need for Sims to autonomously stretch etc. My list can go on and on of the autonomous things that Sims do in this game, that gets on my nerves that I love that I can just turn it off and make it stop. & then for NPC's Sims....ever notice how funky they can be dressed at times? With two clicks, I change their outfit or remove something that they're wearing. So this mod is huge.....and there's just so much functionality that it has. I honestly can't imagine playing without it. I have tried and can't LOL.
    Again, everything can be customized to suit the player. You can choose to use a feature or not. I'd definitely recommend reading up on each of the modules on Deaderpool's Tumblr page and making sure you understand the functionality. & I say give it a shot. Download it....try it out....and if you dont' like it or it doesn't work for your game style....just take it out. Simple as that :)

Are you sure turn-off autonomous actions were not removed ? I was looking for that option and I can't find it. I know it was there before.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Are you sure turn-off autonomous actions were not removed ? I was looking for that option and I can't find it. I know it was there before.

It's still there, in MC Tuner, but now it works differently. You can read about it here:
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner
  • KatieGKatieG Posts: 54 Member
    I was really on the fence about it, but I've quite enjoyed the story progression it gives the game. I also like being able to find out what my Sims are pregnant with/adjust pregnancy length. It adds a lot to the game, and I think there's probably something for everyone. I've had no issues except on time I put in the "no more stinking leaf piles" mod and had a continuous script error making my Sims do this weird dance, while MCCC gave me a "last exception" error repeatedly. I quit and removed the leaf mod and have had no other problems.

It's still there, in MC Tuner, but now it works differently. You can read about it here:
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner

Now I see why it's not in my game, I use later version, it's not public yet.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    YES YES YES! It is actually a MUST. I recently learned even more options about this mod that i didnt even know of and It's like this developer is reading my mind. It looks like a mod that is very well thought through, a modder that listens perfectly to sims players, updates with requests and provides everything you need for smooth, proper and fun gameplay.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Wait, so @stilljustme2 are you telling me I don’t have to redo my settings every time I update MCCC?? Do I take mc_settings out before I delete and install the latest? Or how does it work?

Just make sure to leave the mc_settings file alone when you delete the old modules, and you'll get to keep all your current settings. Making regular backups especially when you change settings is also a good habit to adopt in case you accidentally delete it or if you have to reinstall your game for some reason.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I eventually tried it for the first time a few months ago and now I can't imagine my game without it. I think your game will be fine as long as you install the new versions after every patch.

And Deaderpool is awesome in at least getting out hotfixes quickly after a patch, then later will add in newer features to go along with the new content. While you're waiting is a good time to explore some of the build/buy content by doing some building or remodeling, or make some Sims with the new CASsets. I have a save that's specifically for building and checking houses I download from the Gallery to make sure they work for my Sims, so I'm not messing up my main saves so I'll hang out there and check out all the new goodies. B)
    kreatora wrote: »
    MCC not only increases the variety of the game, but it is very useful for builders. There you can permanently set all the codes that are needed for the construction - for example, Free Build and unlock everything from the buying panel. You can also enable debug options permanently.
    I can not imagine a game without it.
    As long as you remember about replacing the MCC with the current one after every patch, everything works flawlessly.
    Having MCC in the game does not affect the house labeling CC in Gallery.

The smaller patches often don't require an update, but Deaderpool checks the mod closely just in case a bug fix breaks something in the mod. Larger patches like the pre-pack patches will most definitely require an MCCC update.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I used it for the first time because my favorite San Myshuno apartment is a "Needs TLC" one which was fine when she was starting out, but it annoyed me that she couldn't 'renovate' it and make it more like a home for her and her new family, so I downloaded mccc to help me fix it along with a mod to help remove hidden lot traits. At present, I only use it to fix things in the game that I think are a pain in the neck. (like all the npc's running around in CC hairs and mismatched clothing that I'd never chose for them) but its quite handy and can be configured to be as useful and/or intrusive as you want it to be, or you can choose to let it run without doing much of anything at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    The MCCC mod is definitely worth it!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member

Hello @Feisbukaite
    The information about turning off autonomous actions is in this link.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    MCCC is a lifesaver, I’ve had it in my game for as long as I can remember. I have all the modules installed and they really do change your game. It has culling settings, allows you to change how many sims per household and per lot, story progression, etc. I really don’t think MCCC is missing anything besides maybe a finance module. But I don’t know how that would work within the mod truthfully.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    MCCC is a lifesaver, I’ve had it in my game for as long as I can remember. I have all the modules installed and they really do change your game. It has culling settings, allows you to change how many sims per household and per lot, story progression, etc. I really don’t think MCCC is missing anything besides maybe a finance module. But I don’t know how that would work within the mod truthfully.

It does have finances of sorts, at least where paying out child support is concerned. My sim's household earns over 24,000 semolians, because she is raising two children that are not her own. In other households, my sim had to pay out child support because someone else was raising his child.
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I have it installed, but haven't really messed with the settings too much yet. This thread is inspiring me to explore it more.
  • hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes!! It is so worth it. I was very hesitant initially as I haven't used any mods or custom content in my game, plus it seemed complicated initially. But I watched a YouTube video which literally went through every single setting/option on MCCC so I could figure out what I needed for my gameplay and now I don't know how I played without it!

I love my town and Sims continuing life without me - it has made TS4 really come alive for me again!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

It does have finances of sorts, at least where paying out child support is concerned. My sim's household earns over 24,000 semolians, because she is raising two children that are not her own. In other households, my sim had to pay out child support because someone else was raising his child.

Yea I know about the child support which is awesome. I meant a means of separating everyone’s funds, but I don’t know if that could even get incorporated.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Yea I know about the child support which is awesome. I meant a means of separating everyone’s funds, but I don’t know if that could even get incorporated.

I think Deaderpool is always open to suggestions and queries about things that could (or could not) be added to the mod. You could head on over to the MCCC Discord to ask him about it?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've tried MCCC and I liked it for my legacy save. However I play rotationally normally, so story progression isn't a must for me. I didn't feel like updating mods constantly, so I'm playing without them for now. I would encourage to give it a go anyway :)