March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me name this lady sim :)

Hello everyone. :)

I took Shirley Templeton (from Roaring Heights), aged her up to YA, and gave her a makeover. :) She's such a cute sim, especially now. ;)

Anyway, I have always been horrible with picking out names! Heck, I can't even remember a person's name after 1 minute of speaking to them. :grimace: I was going to leave it as Shirley (you know, to make things easier :p ) but...that's not really a modern day name and for the future story I want to set her in, it will be based in a modern day Bridgeport. :) (Plus it's kind of an...old lady name. :confused: No offense to the lovely Shirley Temple or any one else with that name...) Anyway,

So, I scoured a few Baby Girl Name websites :blush: , picked out some pretty names that I thought would fit her, and decided to do this fun poll to see which one you all think is the best name for her to help me make a final decision. :blush:
It's gonna be a tough one to choose so, study her face, read the names to her, and see which one just fits. :) Then vote! :lol:
I can't wait to see your answers!

Thanks for the help! <3

Screenshot-2.jpg
Screenshot-3.jpg

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Help me name this lady sim :) 75 votes

Brielle
24%
GraceyManorBloosmooemorrilljillbgSPARKY1922Tigerblu11bekkasanbudewarminGoulsquashCaityCupcakes10ZinniavanillaItsJanierGamingTweetyAmandèleGalaxySimsGirlLotusSimsKitkatSarrSimPaperrh 18 votes
Ashlyn
14%
Emily4331queenmaybellinedominimpMikezumiluckyheatherCravenLestatTadOlsoncocoPalmArrowTinySpaceFoxtakenbysheep 11 votes
Maureen
9%
cwaddellmintycupcakeInternal_ChaosOlivesplum06RedShoe7therealsunsetvalleyAvatarit 7 votes
Felicity
37%
LaBlue0314dzidziak86shadyladynzasimbsimsimgirl1010CororonGabbyGirlJBriel24phantasmkissIreneSwiftbecks1112michjoy7jordandSimtown15Thriorcomicsforlifeplushtrap_107Tezzie7645paradiseplanetEvie0602 28 votes
Georgia
12%
Jazzypoomueller_liteSimplyJenBreazonaZeiButtersimsChazzzyReggiejoehamillPinklixty 9 votes
Jailyn
2%
Rawla2468WhoDoUAppreciate 2 votes

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Felicity
    She's really pretty. She reminds me of the American Girl doll named Felicity, so I that's why I chose that name. :)
    latest?cb=20080830055358
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Brielle
    @Evie0602 Oh wow she DOES! :open_mouth:

Thank you for your vote. <3
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Felicity
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    She's really pretty. She reminds me of the American Girl doll named Felicity, so I that's why I chose that name. :)
    latest?cb=20080830055358

Same.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Brielle
    I voted for Brielle. It is very pretty and it is very different.
    Brielle
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I voted for Brielle. It is very pretty and it is very different.

@bekkasan That's exactly why I liked it. :blush:
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Ashlyn
    Of all the names listed, to me she looks most like an Ashlyn!

Maureen is my favourite name from the list, but for me the name is so connected with another old Hollywood star, Maureen O'Sullivan who played Jane in the Tarzan films, I can't imagine a Maureen who doesn't have black hair!

Krm5lNm.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Georgia
    Looks like a Georgia to me.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Felicity
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20080830055358

That’s what I was thinking!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Brielle
    I've never heard Brielle before, so I roll with that pretty name! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @emorrill What are her traits? I always take into account traits when I name a sim. :)
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Felicity
    Felicity.. She totally looks like a Fliss to me! ..Also that is my daughters name, so I guess I'm biased! :D
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Brielle
    I went with Brielle, has a romantic tone to it.All the names were lovely!
  • PinklixtyPinklixty Posts: 37 Member
    Georgia
    She looks like she could be a Georgia.
    Brielle
    Thanks for all the input so far everyone. :)

Brielle and Felicity were tied until one single vote put Brielle in the lead. :blush:

This is exciting! :mrgreen:

Keep the votes coming!
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    Ashlyn
    Looks like Felicity is in the lead now but my vote had to go to Ashlyn as it just suits her.

Have you considered Shiralee as I think it's more of a modern take on Shirley :smile:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Ashlyn
    I would have her called Ash though as a nickname since it's usable as a boy's or girl's name.It's more a modern thing to use names that aren't gender specific and names used for both are becoming more common and girls getting boy's names are becoming more common.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Brielle
    @coco I never knew about the name Shiralee and...I like it. :smiley:
    edited September 2018
    Brielle
    Yup, as @coco said Felicity is back in the lead now. :smiley:

Yay for a vote on Jailyn! :p

I wonder how long I should keep this poll open...before making my decision?

:)
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Ashlyn
    @emorrill Durr you leave the poll open till the name Ashlyn wins.But if you don't use it I will steal it and make my own adorable Ashlyn and then will put her in my game with the sole purpose of beating up Felicity everyday :#

:D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Felicity
    She looks like a Felicity, pretty name for a pretty sim
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Felicity
    I chose Felicity because it means happiness and it is a pretty name :)
  • Maureen
    I don't know why, but she gives me Maureen vibe, haha. BTW gonna use that name when Arlo Bunch and Irene Funke (her LTW is Soraunded by Family) will have a daughter. Her sister could be Marcia Bunch, haha. But they aren't yet married, but soon to be.
    Brielle
    Alrighty my friends it looks like the name Felicity is the winner. :star:

I don't know what her last name will be, but I will for sure be naming her Felicity Brielle. <3 Combine the two top names. ;) Doesn't that sound so pretty??

Thank you all for your votes! This was super fun! :smiley:

And thank you again @EA_Mage for Highlighting this Poll in the September 14th Friday Highlights. :blush: