Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• 007actress007actress Posts: 2 New Member
    > Not sure why I cant find my room or my first house on thesims gallery website. I did not include any CC only moveobjects. I can't even find my gallery. I see it only if I click for it in the game. Hmmm.

@rosemow said:
    > 007actress wrote: »
    >
    > Entry Form
    > Theme for the week: A bedroom using only one expansion pack
    > Gallery name of room : A Real NYC Apartment
    > Origin id : 007actress
    >
    > This is my first room build. And first challenge. This is a real gritty New York City Studio Apartment. The bathroom goes where the empty space is. Sims is a bit too generous on space and size of things. Studio is fit with obnoxious pipes, cracked walls, moldy spots, and in need of repairs. But you pay over $2500 for this small 7x9 space. Notice the bills on the dining table. Oh and only two kitchen cabinets work, the others are sealed shut and there is also other obnoxious things in the way of maximizing space. So NYC to have a large peg in the middle of a wall. Notice the half done paint job because you are trying to make the apartment look better but never finish. No desk because there is no space. Its laptop on the bed. Don't fall asleep doing your work. I had to add paint chips because it wouldnt be a NYC apartment if the paint wasnt constantly chipping. Your suitcases work as a side table because there is no storage space. Ahh but you FOMO if you leave NYC. loveitorleave. #oneroomoneweekonetheme #nyc
    > <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @007actress :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much!
    > Could you please upload your room to the Gallery? It can’t contain cc. The rooms for this challenge thread need to be cc free. Then I can post a link here to the room , from the website version of the Gallery.
    > Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here,
    > I can then post the pictures for you
    > You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    >
    > I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your room! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello @007actress
    I have just checked the in game gallery, and I can only see your room and your builds if I tick the box in the gallery filter to “ include custom content”.
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Then delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then try uploading the room again, and see if it still says that it is modded.
    Modded items have a wrench icon on them in the corner.
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2018
    Week 178

Theme for the week: An expansion , games or stuff pack themed bedroom
    Gallery name of room : In the Middle
    Origin id : funkydrunk12
    Pictures of the room :

This is a pink and cream teen room for the ultrafemenine teen, I used Cats and dogs and basegame :)

week1786_zpsv7hv3gjg.png
    week1783_zpskyrkysjz.png
    week1784_zpsepkfpllw.png
    week1782_zpszgxi6o0r.png
    week1781_zps8fqnxvfa.png
    week1785_zpshkmn9ogj.png
    edited September 2018
    Hello @Linnsane :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you entered a room for this week’s challenge. Thankyou so very much! I hope that you will enjoy entering future week’s challenges also.
    In the Middle is a very nice feminine teen bedroom! :) The pink, cream and grey colour scheme looks very pretty! Very nice layout of the room. The bed area is very nice! It looks great the way that the bed is angled into the corner, and the plant is a nice touch of nature behind the bed. The pink colour of the bed is very nice. The leafy wall pattern gives a very nice look to the room. The circular floor rugs look great how they are placed under the bed. The bunny is cute on the dresser! The leafy wall picture looks nice with the leafy wallpaper and the flowers are a nice touch on the dresser top. The white clouds ceiling lights add a nice touch to the room.The beauty items, books, fruit photo, lights and flowers on the bed area wall shelving and on the side wall table in the sitting area look very nice there. It is great that there is a pet bed for pets to enjoy sleeping in the bedroom also. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seating reading a book from the bookcase. It is nice that you used the octogonal coffee table in the room, and the candles on it are calming. Sims will like checking their appearance in the mirror. They will enjoy singing into the microphone, or playing the cute pink freezer bunny guitar when in their bedroom! It looks great how the bed area is separates off from the rest of the room. The cat themed flower pot on the table where the area is divided off looks nice there, Very nice dresser corner nook! The butterflies picture on the wall and pink blossoms on the dresser are very pretty! The pink bunny and white unicorn are cute to keep Sims company in their bedroom.
    It is a very nice teen bedroom using the items from the Cats and Dogs pack! Thankyou again for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks for all of your nice comments, @rosemow!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2018
    Gallery Name: Double Trouble Kids' Room
    Gallery ID: ZKirian
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DCCA004B7BA11E8868BB573E4FD424D
    I decided to make a room for Joanie's twin boys- Shane and Zane. They love Voidcritters, gaming, and the color blue. I used items from basegame and Kids' Stuff pack to create their room.
    DQKGaOF.png?1
    9RReLxu.png
    ZFjxI2r.png
    ncPcRjo.png
    7TF7fnC.png
    tIPukh6.png
    Room is playtested:
    5ZmStB8.png
    lQNHyot.png
    "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
    Double Trouble Bedroom is a great bedroom for twins! @ZKirian :) Very nice blue colour scheme of the room. The items from Kids Stuff pack look great in the room! The voidcritters theme of the room looks very great! The kids will have lots of fun playing Battle stations in the room! Very nice layout of the room. The strings of photos are a nice touch on the walls. The computer desk nook corners are very nice! Kids will enjoy sitting on the blue chairs, using the computers with sunlight coming in through the windows, and the superhero male toys look great on the desk tops! The books , school bags, lunch boxes and pencils are great touches on the desks and on the floor near the desks .It is great that there are two computer areas in the room, on either sides. The three circular floor rugs are a nice touch how they are placed together under the battle stations item. The red colour of one of the rugs, and the red coloured pattened beds complement well with the blue colour scheme. The voidcritter prints looks so very great how they are placed on the side wall! The honeycomb wall shelving looks great with the voidcritter cards on the shelves! Nice blue full length mirrors nook. Kids will enjoy checking their appearance in the mirror. The dragon and koala are cute in the room! It is great that there is a bed area nook, with windows on the bedhead wall. The kids have their trophies shelves proudly on display on the wall there! The type of ceiling lights used in the room look very pretty! Nice nook area for sims to enjoy sitting on the chairs watching tv. The action man print on the tv wall looks great! The kids will like having pet fish in the fish bowl. It is great that the toy chest complements with the patterned beds. They will enjoy using the sports equipment outdoors.
    It is a very nice kids stuff pack twins bedroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for the really nice comment @rosemow . I will absolutly join again next week if the theme speaks to me :) It was a really fun challenge beeing limited like this, I would probably never had made a room like this if it wasn't for this challenge :smiley:
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an expansion, game or stuff pack-themed bedroom
    Origin ID: StangMix
    Gallery name of room: Bohemian Dreams
    Gallery Link: Link
    Pack I chose: Movie Hangout Stuff Pack
    Pictures:
    q155jXA.png
    mMLw5TG.png
    uq3RxvO.png
    rruKzD2.png
    xdBgObd.png
    ArEowD7.png
    Ooh, I forgot how much I love Movie Hangout Stuff, @StangMix2 ! Great room--so colorful and playful!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    Thank you so much @carolynrosser ! I know right? I forgot too until I looked at all the items in each pack. There are just so many cool color combos that I love in Movie Hangout and ofc I love to put the curtains around the bed :)
    Bohemian Dreams is such a very colourfully nice and cheerful looking bedroom! @StangMix2 :) It looks very nice how you have used the items from the Movie Hangout pack in your room! The blue colour of the walls gives a very nice feel to the room. The design of the fireplace sitting nook is very nice! The way that you have placed a variety of pictures on the side wall there looks so very creatively great! It looks very effective! The patterned sofa and armchair look great there, Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in front of the fire, looking at the pretty flowers and plants that have been placed beside the fire. The balloons are a nice touch, The type of coffee table used looks nice, and the fish in the fish bowl on the fireplace ledge would be calming for Sims to look at whilst sitting there. The colourful ceiling lights and windows curtains are very nice in the room, and the wall art looks great placed either sides of the window. The white curtains canopied bed is very nice. The neon signs on the bedhead wall complement so well with the room theme! Very nice study desk corner nook for Sims to enjoy sitting on the pink and patterned chair at the desk table, using the computer. The books look great on the desk top. The design of the glass windows /boor closet looks very creative! Nice art nook corner for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel. Sims will also enjoy playing the pink freezer bunny guitar!
    The colourfully creative furnishing of the room looks so very great! The wallart gives such a nice look to the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow I'm happy you like it! And thanks for this challenge, it was great to get a feel for the items in each pack. I almost never limit myself when building and it was really nice to look back on all the extra items we've gotten along the way and be reminded how much I love them :)
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @rosemow I'm happy you like it! And thanks for this challenge, it was great to get a feel for the items in each pack. I almost never limit myself when building and it was really nice to look back on all the extra items we've gotten along the way and be reminded how much I love them :)

You’re welcome ! @StangMix2 :)
    I love the curtains around the bed, @StangMix2 ! Would you mind telling me how you do that? Just stick them there with MOO? And the bed is still usable?
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    You're very welcome @WrathofCath :)! I hope you're starting to feel better :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Theme for the week: an expansion , games or stuff pack themed bedroom
    Origin ID: ninaumi
    Gallery name of room: Simple Base Bedroom
    Notes: Base game + Laundry Day pack.
    Pictures

E4JdKrI.png

It4Wqap.jpg

d3QiBWz.png

6X9GtST.png

KQti2h0.png

edited September 2018
    Hello @ninaumi :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you have joined us and entered a room in this week’s challenge. Thankyou so very much! I hope that you also will enjoy entering rooms in future week’s challenge also :)
    The design of Simple Base Bedroom is very nice! :) The brown and natural colour scheme of the bedroom looks very calming and nice. The Laundry Day bedside clothes cabinet and clothes wall shelving with coat hangers items look great in the room! They add a nice homely look to the bedroom. Sims will enjoy sitting on the bed or on the stool at the foot of the bed , having a read of a book from the bookcase. The plants in the planter box in the corner nook are a nice touch of green and nature in the room. The patterned and brown floor rugs add a special look to the room! The candles on the beside table are calming for Sims to see as they go to sleep. The type of bed used in the room looks very nice.
    The furnishing of the bedroom looks very nice! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2018
    Gallery name of room: Mid Century Bowler Teen
    Origin id: Laireen35
    My first ever entry to this challenge :smile: I've chosen the Bowling Stuff Pack, because I just love the items. So this became a mid century bedroom - for a teen bowler.

Pictures of the room:

G7C75bJ.png
    1AJIdlB.png
    kfkeaIi.png
    EN713CZ.png
    D6X3CaM.png
    DUsT15j.png
    Hello @Laireen35 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice and great that you have joined us and entered a room in this week’s challenge. Thankyou so very much! :) I hope that you also will enjoy entering rooms in future week’s challenge also.
    The furnishing of Mid Century Bowler Teen with the items from Bowling Stuff pack is very nice! :) Very nice design and layout of the room! It is great that it has a Mid Century theme, and very nice orange and green colour scheme of the room.The orange pattened flooring gives a very nice look and feel to the room, and the orange curtains complement well with it. The bowling themed wall shelving cabinets and the arrow lights sign are great touches on the wall! The green colour of the bed looks nice, and the modern clock on the bedhead wall looks nice in the room. It is great that the shelving from the pack is placed at the foot of the bed, to separate off the bed area. Very nice study desk nook area! The bowling pin, fruit pictures, sports team photo and books look great on the study desk wall. The school bag and books on the floor are great school and study touches. It is special that the teen has the trophy and rosette awards that he won from bowling, proudly on display there! It looks creatively great how you created the nook areas using the brick texture columns, and have placed the bowling pack items on the shelving and counter there! The bowling shirt and awards items look great there! The sports equipment are great on the floor. Sims will enjoy sitting resting in the armchair. Very nice dresser nook. The teen will enjoy using the beauty products that are on top of the dresser. The bowling pin wall picture is a great touch there. The clock on the bedside table, the coat stand, hanging robe, shoes rack and coats rack are homely touches in the room. The messy clothes on the floor suit well a teen bedroom! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the cushions listening to music from the gramophone.
    The bowling themed furnishing of the room for a teen bowler looks great! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
    Hey @Laireen35 ! Great to see you here! I love your room, very nice job :smiley: I understand why you love the Bowling Pack, the items in that one is fantastic (also very Danish looking :wink:)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Entry Form
    Origin ID: Illusie
    Gallery name of room: Dreams of Wood
    Pack I chose: Outdoor Retreat
    Pictures:

09-15-18-5-04-39-pm_orig.png

09-15-18-5-12-00-pm_orig.png

09-15-18-5-04-02-pm_orig.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list