Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do?? Top of job

What do you all tend to do when you have reached the top of a job. Do you continue or start a new job?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Stick with it because the sim is making good money.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited September 2018
    I just leave it until it's time to move on from a specific career, like Politicians.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I usually only play active careers unless it's for an aspiration but when they reach the top they coast there... It's another place to go to set up stories or drama.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I usually stick with the job for a few reasons. Number one, I worked hard to get there so I want to reap the rewards of making good money. Also though, I usually end up focussing on other aspects of their life at that point - marriage, kids, saving up to upgrade the house, etc.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Depends on my Sims aspirations. But, most of the time, when they reached the top, they are already elders... so, I either let them continue to work or retire... I once had Extraterrestrial Explorer. He died before he retired, but he eventually managed to visit Sixam few days before he died...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    I just keep going for a promotion for more simoleons! After all, it took some time to get there without cheats :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it totally depends on the household for me

some, i try to ensure the sims involved never get anywhere near the tops of their careers, just because that's the story i want for them. usually this is done by trying to make sure they never increase a needed skill for the profession, but that doesn't always work out right

many get left at the tops of their careers, quite a few had that as the ultimate goal for their household story, anyway. like my evil alien supervillain, who is now at something like 'triple agent +10' for the villain side of the secret agent career

some change careers out, and again, this is often part of my planned story for the household. a good example of this is the oracle in my game. she started out in the social media career, the public relations branch. storywise, she made it to community manager, got fed up with all the negativity from the 'fans' of whoever she worked for (she actually got angry from work multiple days in a row, specifically because of how they reacted to things. that's what got the story started for me, actually), decided she'd somehow make them all pay, then started working on her programming skills, focusing on hacking and became a tech guru to help with that. once felt she learned all she could from that career, jumped ship and became a criminal, eventually becoming the oracle, in charge of her own army of hackers, some of them used to crush the silly people that started her on the path in the first place
    ...now, because i'm a silly completionist, i couldn't actually bring myself to have her leave the earlier careers until she maxed them out. despite what the story called for. been trying to get better about this, but it's not always easy

and then there's the venatici household, my 'main' household. they master everything. every skill, every ambition (except the vampire ones, at least for the mother, since she's an alien), every path of every career. they own the best restaurant, vet clinic, and retail store in my game. among other things, the store sells all the clothing unlocks from different careers (not all at once, unfortunately. i wish you could have that many mannequins at once)
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I would like some new careers, one especially, Lawyers, just think of the fun you can have with that, also become a maid, ideal for a neat freak.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I tend to keep my Sim at the top of their career because they usually have a family then, so I focus on spending time with their kids, helping them with projects, and being around more since they tend to work fewer days when they're at the top.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I would like some new careers, one especially, Lawyers, just think of the fun you can have with that, also become a maid, ideal for a neat freak.

Yes! I think it would be good if there were part-time careers, which might include being a maid, a childminder, working in a cafe, etc. I know part-time jobs are available for teens, but I would love it if they were available for everyone. They would be great for sims who want to make money from skills and need a part-time job while they're improving their skills.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I stay with it because the money is great, and it gives them a good retirement :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    After the women Sims reach the top of their careers, they may proceed with having children.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited September 2018
    My sims stay in their career once they reach the top, because they've worked hard to get there. They frequently retire once they become Elders, though I try to make them use up their vacation days first.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    If they're elders I let them use up their vacation days and then have them retire. If they're younger I mostly let them have their job (and try go get those bonus promotions).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).