Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (No Patch This Month)

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I think we ll get free content with every patch now.

Says who?
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I think we ll get free content with every patch now.

Unlikely, as it takes quite a long time to develop those assets
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I think the next big free update will be for the holiday pack, the other patches probably mostly bug fixes with a few random objects added.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    SimGuruGrant said that they had something new for the game and they were just trying to figure out how to add this new feature. I hope they do that this month, i am really curious.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I hope they finally add terrain tools & ponds or vehicles soon. It's about time.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    I think the next big free update will be for the holiday pack, the other patches probably mostly bug fixes with a few random objects added.

I think the next big update is the 2nd phase of the gallery. If there is a free holiday set in December it will most likely have 6 items.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »

I think the next big update is the 2nd phase of the gallery. If there is a free holiday set in December it will most likely have 6 items.

I'm not saying that the gallery update is unnecessary... It's cool, but, I will be a little bit disappointed if the next big update is the 2nd phase of the gallery update only. :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    For this Patch i just hope for a lot of bug fixing. Please for the love of god no more new Features that just break even more of the game until the worst of the bugs are fixed.
    I'm hoping for body piercings in this pack and new relationship ties in CAS boy/girlfriend.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Any idea when the patch comes out? I’m dying to see it
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    tiff_ben98 wrote: »
    I mean I’m hoping for free content but I doubt it since we just got a lot in my opinion with the last update, I’m also hoping for more bug fixes. The team has been doing well with continuing the bug fixes but I’m hoping for more and more. If there was free content I hope it would be in regards to landscape texture and I know this probably will never happen but since seasons came out I was hoping there could be more interactions with windows like opening them during heat waves and what not.

They confirmed open windows won't happen on Twitter.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Other than “probably the 18th or 25th”? No. There’s almost never any warning for patches.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Other than “probably the 18th or 25th”? No. There’s almost never any warning for patches.

It could be next week or the week after. It'll be one of those.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Is it even confirmed that we get a patch this month?

We get patches every month... So why not this month :smiley:
    K4sies wrote: »

Eh, I wrote that weirdly :blush:
    Some people here made it sound like we'll get something bigger than some bug fixes, so I meant to ask if something along the lines was confirmed :)

Some people here made it sound like we'll get something bigger than some bug fixes, so I meant to ask if something along the lines was confirmed :)

Ah i see :) to answer that: no - at least not what i have read so far. I just hope for bug fixes. Not every month needs new features.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I just hope they Patch what's broken. That's good enough. I do not want us to get anything free, because the more handouts you get the Less you will have. Waiting patiently for our next pack, I feel we have enough to do in our game. If we get something free every month, we would not even need packs.
    Is that what you really want.? I want a new Stuff Pack, or a new game Pack, or EP, Its September, ending soon, then soon November.

I do not know, maybe I am just not trusting.
    This reminds me of when I was ten or eleven years old and I had an afterschool babysitting job with a friend of my moms. I was very proud of making my own money to spend when we have our vacation that we had every year.
    So I would keep her baby while she worked about her house. After her husband came home she would take me home. and pay me at the end of the day. or week I forget. One time It was my payday she went to the store and in line, she looked at a cake, not a small snack cake but a big family size cake. and offered me to have the cake. I politely declined and said No thank you I rather have my money. Later when we got back in the car said to me she was always going to give me my money, and she was going to buy the cake for me as well.
    She seemed upset, which did not bother me one bit, she paid me. I got out of the car when she drove me home and said bye and thank you.
    Even though I feel she behaved differently toward me afterward and I still came to babysit. I could tell days later from a conversation between her and my mom it was about me, and my mom asked me do I like babysitting for the Woman? I said no and that was the end of it.

So maybe I just do not trust if we get free things that we will get as many Packs, I have and always will think that way, a warning from the Cowplant, Just don't take the cake. Nothing good comes for free.
    From untrusting me. I begin to feel maybe they are forgetting about us Sims 4 pc users again. I hope not.
    What do you think, Do you think the cake was going to be free, or would it replace my pay?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Ah i see :) to answer that: no - at least not what i have read so far. I just hope for bug fixes. Not every month needs new features.
    Completely agree with you. Instead of some free hair styles or chairs I would rather simply have some good bug fixes.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the free stuff. And the free stuff isn't what's causing bug issues. And the devs that create free stuff are not part of the team that fixes bugs. To different areas all together. So, I say gimme more free stuff. I like the ceiling fan even though it doesn't cool. I like the wallpaper. I like finally having sliding doors. These things come in a patch because it gets added to the BASE GAME stuff. If it came in a pack, it would be limited to that pack. As base game stuff, they came update it if they want, like add colors or add other variations or make the fan cool sims.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like the free stuff. And the free stuff isn't what's causing bug issues. And the devs that create free stuff are not part of the team that fixes bugs. To different areas all together. So, I say gimme more free stuff. I like the ceiling fan even though it doesn't cool. I like the wallpaper. I like finally having sliding doors. These things come in a patch because it gets added to the BASE GAME stuff. If it came in a pack, it would be limited to that pack. As base game stuff, they came update it if they want, like add colors or add other variations or make the fan cool sims.

This.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Aahana wrote: »
    I would be grateful if they come with a solution for the 2-days sad moodlet I get whenever any sims, even if I had greeted someone just once, die. My sims seems to be in perpetual mourning phase. My sims mourns death of his mother and random stall vendor equally. :(

It's better than before when unless you witnessed the death a family member could die and it was never acknowledged by Sims outside the deceased's household. But I agree it needs to be toned down a bit -- maybe 8 hours for acquaintances, 1 day for friends and two days for family, and an additional moodlet if you witnessed the death.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I just hope they Patch what's broken. That's good enough. I do not want us to get anything free, because the more handouts you get the Less you will have. Waiting patiently for our next pack, I feel we have enough to do in our game. If we get something free every month, we would not even need packs.
    Is that what you really want.? I want a new Stuff Pack, or a new game Pack, or EP, Its September, ending soon, then soon November.

I do not know, maybe I am just not trusting.
    This reminds me of when I was ten or eleven years old and I had an afterschool babysitting job with a friend of my moms. I was very proud of making my own money to spend when we have our vacation that we had every year.
    So I would keep her baby while she worked about her house. After her husband came home she would take me home. and pay me at the end of the day. or week I forget. One time It was my payday she went to the store and in line, she looked at a cake, not a small snack cake but a big family size cake. and offered me to have the cake. I politely declined and said No thank you I rather have my money. Later when we got back in the car said to me she was always going to give me my money, and she was going to buy the cake for me as well.
    She seemed upset, which did not bother me one bit, she paid me. I got out of the car when she drove me home and said bye and thank you.
    Even though I feel she behaved differently toward me afterward and I still came to babysit. I could tell days later from a conversation between her and my mom it was about me, and my mom asked me do I like babysitting for the Woman? I said no and that was the end of it.

So maybe I just do not trust if we get free things that we will get as many Packs, I have and always will think that way, a warning from the Cowplant, Just don't take the cake. Nothing good comes for free.
    From untrusting me. I begin to feel maybe they are forgetting about us Sims 4 pc users again. I hope not.
    What do you think, Do you think the cake was going to be free, or would it replace my pay?

They have a separate team, the Engagement Team, that works on free stuff like patch content, the challenges and events, etc. It's totally separate from any of the pack content teams. So there's no fear of patch content meaning less pack content. Sometimes they might just have a few things that don't fit in a particular pack, or wasn't done in time, theme but they want to get it out to the community.

Come to think of it we haven't had a visit from Jasmine Holiday for a while. Maybe a new Boost Week is in the making? Still believe that the next patch is mainly more bug fixes like the leaf piles and the traveling on holiday bugs, particularly the latter because it affects the City Living and Seasons work from home careers. And hopefully a fix for the splicing issues and the Bird of Paradise plants that never bloom.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm beginning to think if there'll even be a Sept. patch...but we still have 2 more weeks left in the month so...I guess better late than never?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Anyone knows what day of the week is normally the 'patch day'? I would prefer it to be in the beginning of the week, so, if anything happened to the patch update, we could still have some assistant from EA within the week. I hope the next update will be announced soon, since they have 72 hours to announce prior the update...
    OID:- x4m1r4