Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can aliens turn into vampires ?

Tried looking this up, but all I found out was the fact that there are no alien/vampire hybrid babies. But if I have an adult alien, can he turn into a vampire ?

I've got this one sim in my legacy I love playing, so far he's outlived 7 generations(even married his great-great-great-granddaughter,lol), he's an alien and I've been using that as a reason for his very long life. Would be great if he became truly immortal!

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not really sure if its a possibility or not to be honest. I'd be interested to find out but I've steadfastly refused to create an alien in cas. Sadly, my game won't have an alien until I successfully manage to get one by abduction which, at this point, I'm starting to think will never happen. I just wish they weren't instantly hated on site by every sim but the ones with the geek trait.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    No. There isn't even option to turn aliens and aliens cannot ask to be turned.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    No. There isn't even option to turn aliens and aliens cannot ask to be turned.

Right.. if you're an alien that's what you are. No options etc although vamps can still drink from you etc. Seemingly not a tasteful option in most cases!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • BrookeAnneBrookeAnne Posts: 1 New Member
    I was successfully able to turn my alien sim to a vampire. Currently they are not a vampire but they have eaten the essence. Sooooooooo...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited September 2018
    BrookeAnne wrote: »
    I was successfully able to turn my alien sim to a vampire. Currently they are not a vampire but they have eaten the essence. Sooooooooo...

Pics? Oh wait, you can't post any yet...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    BrookeAnne wrote: »

I cant believe this happened without using mods. Pure aliens can't be turned, half aliens without any problems.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    No, you can’t turn a pure alien into a vampire. However, without mods, it is possible to have a pure alien which is also a vampire. If you had a vampire abducted by aliens and they get pregnant, their baby will be a full alien and there is also a chance they will be a vampire. I have two such vampire-aliens. They have an alien form, a disguise and a dark form and all alien and vampire powers.
  • CoLdBITeRCoLdBITeR Posts: 2 New Member
    I was able to have a alien and vampire baby. Honestly I think it might have just been a malfunction since I had saved my household while my male vampire was pregnant from his last abduction. I ended up making a new save with my household save and then when the baby was born it ended up being a alien/vampire baby, and it's original form is that of a human with tanish skin blonde hair and green eyes. I am still able to make a disguise and have him ware it. Though he isnt a full grown adult yet. I also had him give birth at the hospital if that maybe makes a difference.
    edited September 2018
    CoLdBITeR wrote: »
    I was able to have a alien and vampire baby. Honestly I think it might have just been a malfunction since I had saved my household while my male vampire was pregnant from his last abduction. I ended up making a new save with my household save and then when the baby was born it ended up being a alien/vampire baby, and it's original form is that of a human with tanish skin blonde hair and green eyes. I am still able to make a disguise and have him ware it. Though he isnt a full grown adult yet. I also had him give birth at the hospital if that maybe makes a difference.
    Yes, it is a malfunction. No, it die# not make a difference if they give birth in hospital or not (my two were more births). I don’t think saving while they are ore*nabt us what causes it.

Just a tip: don’t take your vampire-alien baby into CAS when they reach teenagehood (when they should acquire a dark form) or they will lose one of their three forms (disguise form, alien form, dark form). If you take them into CAS after that their dark form will look the same as their disguise or the same as their alien form.

Also, never have your vamp-alien turn directly from their alien form to their dark form, or they will lose their disguise form and their disguise will become the same as their dark form. You have to have them go from alien form, to disguise form, to dark form.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes, it is a malfunction. No, it die# not make a difference if they give birth in hospital or not (my two were more births). I don’t think saving while they are ore*nabt us what causes it.

Just a tip: don’t take your vampire-alien baby into CAS when they reach teenagehood (when they should acquire a dark form) or they will lose one of their three forms (disguise form, alien form, dark form). If you take them into CAS after that their dark form will look the same as their disguise or the same as their alien form.

Also, never have your vamp-alien turn directly from their alien form to their dark form, or they will lose their disguise form and their disguise will become the same as their dark form. You have to have them go from alien form, to disguise form, to dark form.

Does that mean you can never change their outfits?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    edited September 2018

Does that mean you can never change their outfits?
    @floridameerkat Yes, yes it does. I just pretend they have a funny sense of fashion! Actually, I found out recently that even taking them into CAS as a toddler or child will mess them up.
    How come I can never have a hybrid :(
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Perhaps you could cheat it with traits.equip_trait? (This cheat was removed you need TwistedMexi's mod to get it back) You would have to enter traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire. I wonder what would happen, maybe something similar to what @MaggieMarley mentioned
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

citysimmer wrote: »
    Perhaps you could cheat it with traits.equip_trait? (This cheat was removed you need TwistedMexi's mod to get it back) You would have to enter traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire. I wonder what would happen, maybe something similar to what @MaggieMarley mentioned

The cheat hasn't been removed; in fact all the trait cheats work perfectly fine at least when adding the hidden occult traits.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I thought it had, thanks for letting me know
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I wish it was a thing in normal gameplay...

Although the trait cheats are good advice. Thanks.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr