Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holloween Patch Ideas

I don’t know if they plan on doing a Halloween patch this year, but I’d love it if they added costumes for children and toddlers. Right now, there are very limited costumes for children and no (as far as I am aware) costumes for toddlers. Dinosaur, robot, and pumpkin costumes would be really cute for toddlers. Other ideas?

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Actual go and Trick or Treating on Spooky Day make it a rabbit hole event I don't care as long as the kids/teens in the neighborhood can have candy and spook other sims.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I hope they do add new costumes for kids. Or at least give us a better way of creating our own costumes. Like maybe adding a face painting feature kind of like how the make up table works or creating some very obviously costume clothing items like the hockey mask or something.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Costumes for kids and toddlers would be great I'd also love for them to add a costume clothing category so when I do throw a Halloween party my Sims don't come in random outfits unrecognizable.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Pumpkin seeds?! Or Pumpkins as a new harvestable?

More Spooky themed recipes!

I can’t really think of anything else.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love this one:
    MTS_mashelle-1388492-KidsCostumes_Dinosaur_Image.jpg
    Maybe they could include a costume box like in Sims 3, and the kids would act like if they were what they are dressed as.
    Jaysims wrote: »
    Pumpkin seeds?! Or Pumpkins as a new harvestable?

More Spooky themed recipes!

I can’t really think of anything else.

I would love to have Pumpkins as a new harvestable. I can see they adding the Juicer, and we could make Punpkin Juice. Punpkin Soup, Pumpkin Cake... Lots of pumpkin stuff!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Maybe they could include a costume box like in Sims 3, and the kids would act like if they were what they are dressed as.
    And have it include whatever costumes you already have, not just a handful of options.

I'd also like it if the star wars costumes were in the box, so kids could dress as yoda, and teens as whoever else, and have lightsaber fights, and make the noises for the lightsabers. The same animation could be recycled for pirates and knights. Heck, lets make sword fights a thing for anyone in costume, as a playful interaction!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I would love if they let the kids in the active house trick or treat, like mentioned above in a rabbit hole even. I wouldn't mind not getting to see it happen as long as they got to go too.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ohh and an actual festival maybe like the one in TS3 was, the haunted house was great! I can't tell you how many times my sims peed themselves scared even if having a steel bladder one time, it was funny!
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I really hope they will patch in trick or treating. Seems to be something quite popular that was missed out of seasons.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They didn't bother with summer like adding pool stuff. So I doubt they will do anything for Halloween unless it's for console. We the PC came first thus the console should wait for fixes and new stuff.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I would love to have trick or treating as some have said, but I understand why its not in the game now. No open world means a loading screen between every house your child visits. That would get old fast. But if they did eventually add trick or treating, I like the rabbit hole idea others have come up with too.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'm mainly hoping for costumes for the toddlers. I wish we had got some with Seasons, I feel like the christmas tree is too christmasy to be a Halloween costume, and there isn't even a "change into costume"-interaction.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Ohh and an actual festival maybe like the one in TS3 was, the haunted house was great! I can't tell you how many times my sims peed themselves scared even if having a steel bladder one time, it was funny!

Yes I would love a season festival for Fall, Spring, Winter, and Summer. That was so much fun in Sims 3 also it won't clash with the weekly festivals.
  • changelingschangelings Posts: 40 Member
    Pumpkins would be great!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    I hope they do add new costumes for kids. Or at least give us a better way of creating our own costumes. Like maybe adding a face painting feature kind of like how the make up table works or creating some very obviously costume clothing items like the hockey mask or something.

Which pack does the make up table come with? I know Sims 2 had it but definitely don't have it in 4.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CopendraCopendra Posts: 8 New Member
    Pumpkin patches - perhaps around or spawned in mazes? And functional mazes, as I know corn mazes are really popular for Halloween.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They didn't bother with summer like adding pool stuff. So I doubt they will do anything for Halloween unless it's for console. We the PC came first thus the console should wait for fixes and new stuff.

Console will be getting Spooky Stuff.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Which pack does the make up table come with? I know Sims 2 had it but definitely don't have it in 4.

It comes with the pack that has butlers forget the name but I love that makeup vanity table. I like to watch my sims apply mskeup.
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

It comes with the pack that has butlers forget the name but I love that makeup vanity table. I like to watch my sims apply mskeup.

Might have been vintage glamour?

On topic:
    Like many have said i hope for new costumes. I mean we got Star wars for adult but i'd love a toddler or child with a darth vader costume.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Thanks, guys. I don't have the stuff packs so I wondered.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MissMollyMissMolly Posts: 9 New Member
    New costumes for adults, new adorable costumes for toddlers and babies, more spooky decorations. A special festival taking place around Halloween day would also be really fun
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The best thing about costumes for children and toddlers is that costumes for children are easier to use all year round like when they're playing with friends.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'd love if they added a stereotypical vampire costume (think sims 1 vampires); imagine the irony of a vampire in a cheap vampire costume :D
    Also the classic bed sheet over the head with a couple of eye holes pretending to be a ghost, complete with "WOOOOoooooOOOoo" noises.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes for the pumpkin seeds! Maybe Corn too? I want to create Maize maze... :) More costumes, recipes, of course.. Maybe now the Sims can even create their own Scarecrows.. Sorry Patchy... Introducing, evil & good spirits (ghosts)... Perhaps, introducing another lot type.. Say, cemetery?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Can we have a ghost train set where we can build a track and let Sim s ride.
    I wouldn't mind having fairies and wolf sims.