Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a pack that you're just not interested in owning?

Comments

• MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    > @Aahana said:
    > Vampires for me. I am not into supernatural things. I don't even like ghosts and aliens. I wish we could disable them, without resorting to mods.

Exactly, vampires and ghosts just aren't realistic. And I like my sims experience to feel as real as possible.

And then there's me who downloaded a mod to get a whole bunch of weird skin tones for normal Sims and downloaded more mods to make crazy hair colors genetic for toddlers and children because I want the game to NOT to realistic. They get to do the crazy things that I can't. And I love playing around with genetics.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

That First Pet Pack, was getting a lot of bad reviews, but because it was just 10$ I clicked buy.
    Shame whats inside, floor level beds for pets. I mean totally flat. the couches were so bad that even my dogs would not sleep on them. The furniture does not look good anyplace.
    I know it was just 10$ but I was mad, I would have rather just dropped the 10$ on the street, I would have got over that a lot faster.
    After that disappointment, I changed, no more click buy just because its the new pack, wait and check it out first, and do not buy if I do not like it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Vamps and Spooky. I have all the others, but will never get those.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2018
    I thought that this could be a fun question. Is there a popular pack that you just have absolutely no interested in owning. Any pack, not just expansion packs, that everybody else seems to play and love and you just don't want to spend money on it?
    For me that would be Cats and Dogs. I LOVE cats url and I do like dogs as well, but I have zero interest in owning one in game. Newborns and toddlers in game are already stressful enough and I have zero interest in adding something else to the game that I have to take care of. I'm not playing the game to babysit. I'm playing the game to have kids and mess around with genetics and to go out and do fun things and have a good time. If I'm going to get something in game that I have to take care of, then it's going to be a kid because with those genetics come in to play. With animals they don't.
    It just doesn't sound like a fun time to me. What pack do you have zero interest in getting?

@MaiaPlaysSims I hear you. While I do have C&D and have TS3 Pets, I've only had one dog in TS4. I don't really like dealing with a lot of maintenance either, but I do love the pets in game. A major selling point for me was to have another EP with a new world, clothing, objects, etc. I might have one of my families get a cat soon.

Edit, I even use a mod that lets you hire a dog walker and they will bathe your dog too. So yeah, the helps a bit with the upkeep.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Spooky would be the one I would never own. And I really only got the vampire one for the really cool victorian style furniture and extra map. I just have no use for spooky.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I was never interested in Vampires. I only got it because it's part of the bundle with Kids Room and Backyard stuff, two of my most wanted SPs. I got it around December, I think, and played a vampire family once for like two days. I'm not into it at all.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Laundry. Seriously? Laundry? I don't like doing laundry in real life, why would I want to do it in a game I play to get away from reality? I don't like Perfect Patio, Backyard or Luxury because I feel like those (especially PP and Backyard) could have been added to the base game or seasons.

As much as I miss hot tubs, I'm not paying $10 to get them back.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    My First Pet.

I forgot to mention the laundry stuff pack. It's boring in real life so I'm sure it is in the game.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Laundry, some of the clothes and boho style bits in there are great, but the main event just no. But then I'm just sour because I saw the list of things that could have been voted for and would have preferred anything...anything other than Laundry, but each to their own and I get some people love it. I just don't want my game to revolve around smelly socks :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I plan to eventually get all the GP/EP/SP but can't right now. The only ones I wouldn't really use would be OR and CL (I hate apartments due to
    noisy neighbors and Aliens are iffy.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My first pet stuff
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2018
    I thought that this could be a fun question. Is there a popular pack that you just have absolutely no interested in owning. Any pack, not just expansion packs, that everybody else seems to play and love and you just don't want to spend money on it?
    For me that would be Cats and Dogs. I LOVE cats url and I do like dogs as well, but I have zero interest in owning one in game. Newborns and toddlers in game are already stressful enough and I have zero interest in adding something else to the game that I have to take care of. I'm not playing the game to babysit. I'm playing the game to have kids and mess around with genetics and to go out and do fun things and have a good time. If I'm going to get something in game that I have to take care of, then it's going to be a kid because with those genetics come in to play. With animals they don't.
    It just doesn't sound like a fun time to me. What pack do you have zero interest in getting?

I don't really have a hype for C&D, too. I don't mind the pets being uncontrollable, but it doesn't sit right on my mind that we can't see their status (needs, etc.).

The other pack I'm not interested in is Jungle Adventure, simply because it doesn't suit my play style. I prefer building my Sims' families and relationship rather than throwing them into danger XD

EDITED:

Oh, I forgot Vampire GP. I'm not interested in supernatural, that's why I don't include it on my Sims 4 pack wishlist.
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have all of the packs but I purchased spooky day on sale just for the accessories. MFPS and Vampires were purchased at my son's request. I believe I also got Vampires on sale. I could do without all three packs.

* now that my son has abandoned The Sims for fortnite I really wish I didn't buy those packs
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Unusually for me I don't have everything going right now; currently I don't have Seasons exp., Parenthood pack, First Pet stuff, Toddler stuff, Fitness stuff and Bowling stuff. I have no plans to buy Parenthood or Toddler stuff and I'm in two minds wether or not I want Seasons; I'll get the rest in due course.

All the packs I do have I'm pretty happy with, even though there's aspects of each that I haven't utilised yet. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I didn't download the toddler stuff pack. Mine are never that age for very long because it gets annoying.
  • hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    Like others, for me it would never be Vampires or Spooky as I like to play my game quite 'realistically'!

I haven't bought a stuff pack yet either - the content just doesn't seem worth the money!? I wish they would do more bundles on the stuff packs - where you can make a little bit of a saving when buying together as I would like more clothing etc. - on their own they just don't seem worth it.
  • DrownedOpheliaDrownedOphelia Posts: 2 New Member
    Laundry wasn't really needed, in my honest opinion. Just added another tiny detail to sims whereas we could have had an expansion that added new worlds, exploration, and nectar making like sims3 had. While it's fun to do the regular money making things, I always did enjoy making and hoarding basement loads of nectar...
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling stuff, JA. I either have no need for them or actively dislike the content.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Most of the stuff packs. I don't even have most of them. The only one I have is Romantic Garden.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Vampires. Just isn’t my thing.
    And I wish I hadn’t got City Living. Don’t really care for it.

I have both packs disabled.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 185 Member
    The bowling pack. I used it once and then never had any interest in returning to it. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't even like bowling in real life.
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Laundry, for sure.
  • tsuntsuntsuntsun Posts: 26 Member
    first pet :( cats and dogs alone is a mess in my game even tho i love it a lot.. i feel like it's not really a great addition to my game
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    MY first pet stuff

Enough said
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    There are so far three packs I don’t have and don’t see getting
    1. My first pet. This is totally dlc for a expansion pack and there is little gameplay or good build/buy. A lot of it feels recycled.
    2. Fitness stuff. We have enough fitness stuff in the game and this pack would only add gameplay to teens and older. It would be something I would use much
    3. Laundry day stuff. While I like some of the objects and CAS, the gameplay while in depth doesn’t seem to interesting. May get it if on sale.

There are also some packs I got that I am not too thrilled about
    1. Perfect party. Rarely use it at all. Not a good amount of objects or CAS and the new gameplay is super weak. Only use buffet table for community lot parties.
    2. Cool kitchen. Gameplay is weak, almost no objects. I do use a lot of it’s CAS stuff which is awesome
    3. Perfect patio stuff. If it wasn’t for the hot tub I would have never bought it. The hot tub is awesome though with the best wohoo

The rest of the stuff packs get used enough, and we’re worth it.
    All eps and game packs get used a lot in my games
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever