Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Occult Sims CAS Option...

In CAS when we create an Alien or Vampire they have their alternative look thumbnail above their base thumbnail. This request is for a blank alternate look option in CAS.

Modders are creating custom occult sims and custom traits. Having a blank alternate look option sims can have a normal form and a hidden custom form. This way we can change between being a normal sim and being a fairy, mermaid, demon or whatever else comes down the line.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We already have that for both aliens and vampires. Both can have a "normal" look.
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    We have that function for alien and vampire, but I'm asking for it to be available for any sim. Kind of adding an alter-ego to a sim.

First you build your everyday walk around sim, then switch over to the alter-ego and add your CC. Stuff like horns, tails, mermaid tails, wings...
    Igg wrote: »
    We have that function for alien and vampire, but I'm asking for it to be available for any sim. Kind of adding an alter-ego to a sim.

First you build your everyday walk around sim, then switch over to the alter-ego and add your CC. Stuff like horns, tails, mermaid tails, wings...

But that would come with the addition of any new occult, wouldn't it?
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    It would for any new occult that Maxis adds. I'm asking for a blank one that modders and custom content creators could utilize.
    Igg wrote: »
    It would for any new occult that Maxis adds. I'm asking for a blank one that modders and custom content creators could utilize.

Why can't modders add that also. They can do almost anything, surely this is within their abilities too.
  • LordValinarLordValinar Posts: 8 New Member
    Please forgive me if this is necroposting, in my search for more occult stuff, I came across this thread and I completely agree. Having a blank slate to work with is exactly what I need (RPing a dark goddess sent to the Sims world here (not sure where to start..) and the best thing I can choose for now is a Vampire... even though she's not a vampire).

That or Maxis needs to start pumping out more supernatural packs of the different variety of creatures we've seen modders create already.
    * Fairies
    * Witches
    * Zombies
    * Werewolves
    * Mermaids
    * Fiends (aka that Succubus/Incubus/Cambion mod)

I'd buy another expansion if it came with new multiple options (or even as OP suggested... a blank slate for CC alternate forms, new build mode items, CAS items, etc.)
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey! This actually seems like a brilliant idea!
    Being able to create your very own Occult Sims!
    Not exactly how it will work or if it will ever work, but I can see it now!
    Want a fairy, witch, werewolf, mermaid, genie, angel, demon, or even a god?! Just go right to CAO (Create An Occult) and start choosing your perks, flaws, Hidden/Second Appearance/Form, abilities, needs, and requirements. Then just give your occult a name then send them out into the world!
    It would be like making your very own little Frankenstein's monster.
    So kind of like Spore, but not really. Since it should be more advanced and doesn't deal with evolution.

Though again; Don't know how this can really be implemented or if it can be implemented without issues. We got to consider what makes an occult sim an occult sim and how will our player made creatures will interact with other Sims and objects. Will there be bugs, clipping issues, and/or game stopping drawbacks?
    Will the abilities, perks, quirks, and disadvantages be limited? Can the game itself make it to where I truly can create an occult the exact way I've imagined/wanted my occult to be? What if I want say... A shape shifter! Can my custom occult sim have more than one hidden/alternative form? Can I make it to where he/she can mimic other Sims' appearance?

I see the potential in this idea, but it does sound a bit like a pipe dream knowing the game's and engine's limitations.
    So maybe the idea isn't exactly so brilliant, but hey! You never know. Perhaps our doubts and expectations can be exceeded!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »
    Hey! This actually seems like a brilliant idea!
    Being able to create your very own Occult Sims!
    Not exactly how it will work or if it will ever work, but I can see it now!
    Want a fairy, witch, werewolf, mermaid, genie, angel, demon, or even a god?! Just go right to CAO (Create An Occult) and start choosing your perks, flaws, Hidden/Second Appearance/Form, abilities, needs, and requirements. Then just give your occult a name then send them out into the world!
    It would be like making your very own little Frankenstein's monster.
    So kind of like Spore, but not really. Since it should be more advanced and doesn't deal with evolution.

Though again; Don't know how this can really be implemented or if it can be implemented without issues. We got to consider what makes an occult sim an occult sim and how will our player made creatures will interact with other Sims and objects. Will there be bugs, clipping issues, and/or game stopping drawbacks?
    Will the abilities, perks, quirks, and disadvantages be limited? Can the game itself make it to where I truly can create an occult the exact way I've imagined/wanted my occult to be? What if I want say... A shape shifter! Can my custom occult sim have more than one hidden/alternative form? Can I make it to where he/she can mimic other Sims' appearance?

I see the potential in this idea, but it does sound a bit like a pipe dream knowing the game's and engine's limitations.
    So maybe the idea isn't exactly so brilliant, but hey! You never know. Perhaps our doubts and expectations can be exceeded!

Choosing exceptional abilities/flaws for your sim could also work for a superhero/supervillain expansion. But yeah... you're correct... ts4 has way too many limitations. Maybe in a later sims franchise iteration or from another developer.