The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like if they implemented a Stories system in the series?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
So, i was remembering the Life Stories/Pet Stories/Castaway Stories from The Sims 2 age, and... they were cool. I mean, i love to play freely as i want, dont get me wrong, i am not saying that i want it to change the entire game, but i would love a side feature called Story Mode.
How would it work?
Since we are in the fourth generation, think about when you open The Sims 4. The first screen is the play button, the new game button and the load game button. Alongside those buttons would be the Story Mode button. The basegame would come with the Oasis Springs, Willow Creek and Newcrest in the Freeplay Mode as it is.
Imagine that in the Story Mode there was Riley's Story and the Four Corners neighborhood (as an example). For those players who would enjoy a challenge, they would unlock the Four Corners for the Freeplay Mode when they finished Riley Story (and maybe a couple of objects or so). And, for those who would complain that they payed for something they are not using cuz EA made it difficult and they dont like the Story Mode, there would be a cheat to unlock the towns from the Story Mode.
Each expansion pack, stuff pack and game pack would come with something. Maybe all of them would come with neighborhoods, which would be cool. Even if it was small like Forgotten Hollow, you would get a gift for finishing the story you choosed.
I would love that, what about you guys?

Would you like if they implemented a Stories system in the series? 46 votes

Yes, i used to love the spin-off series "Stories".
41%
BloosmoowrenstalesSimsister2004jjames041deskitaLittlBowBubluxsylvanfidelis_x0dobber321EricasFreePlayRexySimmerBessiebooGamingTweetyKarontechblogger911x4m1r4PhoenixWytchXHails_HaileyXSimanthropy 19 votes
If it were cool, why not?!
30%
SimsILikeSimsWritin_Reggrahcordalanmichael1Felicity1169MaggieMarleyTacoAHolyToiletStormsviewpoltergeistAmandèleLightning_Queentayla_anne55jaqsre 14 votes
Maybe, if i could unlock the prizes thru cheats!
2%
nolurk 1 vote
I dont care.
6%
thatsnotswegTwilightSimmeralessrello 3 votes
Not sure about it!
4%
OldeseadoggeAllieSootie 2 votes
I dont like Story Mode in simulation games, but...
4%
Bluelleladynight 2 votes
NO! NO! NO!
10%
canitbemanAnmirlaCinebarSigzy05simmerLella 5 votes

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, definately. I love telling stories with my game. I would prefer it to be for PC and downloadable through Origin. Castaway, please!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes, definately. I love telling stories with my game. I would prefer it to be for PC and downloadable through Origin. Castaway, please!

Yes, i imagine that would be cool if we could create our stories too and hsare them in the gallery. But, i was saying a spin-off, but a Story Mode inside the game, you know?! But if it isnt possible, then i would like to see a spin-off
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I really liked the sims stories, I think they are still knocking around here somewhere! Having said that I loved the Medieval ones with a passion too
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I do enjoy telling a little story in my game. If done right, Story Mode might be interesting.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Yes, I'd love story telling mode similar to the First series of The Sims..
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I never played the stories games but I think it could be fun if it was optional. I think a lot of the Sims apps and the Sims Bursting out for GBA both had fun story options. And it would be super fun to have seasonal stories like hunting for Santa or Halloween stories.
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    The Castaway Stories was by far my favorite, and I just played it for the bajillionth time a few weeks ago. It never gets old to me. I'd love to see something like it in later Sims games
    The Castaway Stories was by far my favorite, and I just played it for the bajillionth time a few weeks ago. It never gets old to me. I'd love to see something like it in later Sims games

When i think about htye implementing this in the actual sims game, instead of just creating a separate game, is that i am thinking that we could also use the stuff they add from the story mode in our normal gameplay. A Castaway Story Pack would be really usefull to create beach themed lots in the game.
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah! I'd be in for sure if I get such an option.
  • SimanthropySimanthropy Posts: 223 Member
    I mean why not, i loved the "stories" spin-off games. Castaway stories would still be my favorite. besides it would be a good change of pace when we get somehow bored with the regular play. I would love the idea of a Story Mode option in-game, especially if like besides from the stories shipped with the game there could be DLC stories like how there are DLC tombs/stages in the Tomb Raider games.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I would definitely like another story based game though I think I would rather it was a stand alone game. I particularly liked castaway stories but wished it had more residential lots and more freedom to place them where you wanted to on the island. It would have also been nice to have more than one saves so you could play the story out different ways.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    NO! NO! NO!
    Not sure which game you were requesting story mode, but No, for none of them. TSM (questing) and Life Time Pets, etc. belong in their own packs not in the series. Period. :D:p

ETA: Read my signature quote from the great one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I miss playing The Sims Life Stories back when it was released. I loved having goals to complete and unlocking the Free Play mode. I actually use the Four Corners neighborhood from MTS2 in my Sims 2 game. I still have the whole series but since my laptop has no disc drive, I can't play it anymore (Origin needs to hurry up and offer it for those of us who miss it LOL). I would love if there was a stand alone series similar to the one from before.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Not sure which game you were requesting story mode, but No, for none of them. TSM (questing) and Life Time Pets, etc. belong in their own packs not in the series. Period. :D:p

Story mode would be something optional, not forced. Many games have story modes and freeplay modes, they can coexist without excluding the freedom that is in The Sims that we've always played.
    I miss playing The Sims Life Stories back when it was released. I loved having goals to complete and unlocking the Free Play mode. I actually use the Four Corners neighborhood from MTS2 in my Sims 2 game. I still have the whole series but since my laptop has no disc drive, I can't play it anymore (Origin needs to hurry up and offer it for those of us who miss it LOL). I would love if there was a stand alone series similar to the one from before.

Me too. Imaigne if every expansion pack/game pack/stuff pack added a new story for us to play... Would be amazing!
  • jaqsrejaqsre Posts: 30 Member
    I think it sounds cool!
    I never played the stories myself, but by the sound of it I think I would enjoy it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    NO! NO! NO!
    Karon wrote: »

Story mode would be something optional, not forced. Many games have story modes and freeplay modes, they can coexist without excluding the freedom that is in The Sims that we've always played.

Uh, no they can't. Because people have to use their time to build the story part of a game instead of the assets and gameplay needed for sandbox. Their time and talents get split, and or more role playing developers get hired to help build and implement and code the story mode, and there goes the budget that could be used for gameplay in sandbox. Mixing genres is always a bad idea.

ETA: Will Wright didn't like role playing games, and why The Sims wasn't one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    In my opinion it'd be great if you were able to create and share your own stories using this system.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not sure about it!
    Karon wrote: »

Uh, no they can't. Because people have to use their time to build the story part of a game instead of the assets and gameplay needed for sandbox. Their time and talents get split, and or more role playing developers get hired to help build and implement and code the story mode, and there goes the budget that could be used for gameplay in sandbox. Mixing genres is always a bad idea.

ETA: Will Wright didn't like role playing games, and why The Sims wasn't one.

Having spent some years in making role playing modules I fully agree with this. The two demand different skill sets so are not compatible.