Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2018
    It seems clear that The Sims 4 was meant for a different market than The Sims 3-player generation, and that its style is made to draw in a younger age player and also someone who has not played the other sim-games. Only the number 4 denotes a succession from the previous ones; but its style and structure, the Sims mobile, freeplay and the fact that EA still sells The Sims 3 base game, expansion packs and store items to full price, all just show a very common tactic for profit-making (milking).

Considering how instabile The Sims 3 runs on a computer meeting the, only, specifics EA demands, as well as on much more powerful system, it also seems clear that some choices, like the loading screens in The Sims 4, must have game running reasons, and not just later expansion packs selling reasons.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    My apologies in advance to the OP as these responses may well be going off-topic, but I still feel the desire to express them.
    It is very clear that the market idea with The Sims 3 was that customers in general would buy the base game and maybe one or two expansion packs, not all of them like I almost have, since they do not really work together all that well. This is something I will not repeat doing when buying another game.
    I'm sorry, but I don't recognize this. Like many players here I own and play all 11 EPs. My system is coming up on seven years old now and mid-range at best on its specs even for 2011. While the evolution of the EPs was indeed disjointed and nothing about the entire collection of them was ever really optimized, it's not really the case that they don't work together well.

Yes, I need/choose to use performance and feature enhancing mods to get the play I want out of this game, but that would be just as true if I only had 2 EPs, or just the base game, in play at a time.

Considering how instabile The Sims 3 runs on a computer meeting the, only, specifics EA demands, as well as on much more powerful system, it also seems clear that some choices, like the loading screens in The Sims 4, must have game running reasons, and not just later expansion packs selling reasons.
    The minimum and even recommended specs provided by EA are from many years ago and do not really take the four and half years of patches and changes in current operating systems into account. When the base game was released, the current versions of Windows available were XP and Vista, and many players were still on 32-bit systems. Much has changed since then, EA should be ashamed of themselves for not updating the minimum and recommended requirements accordingly for a game they are still selling today, but my sense is that's more due to incompetence than them being evil. It is my understanding that most games, in fact most software packages, have understated manufacturer requirements published. The bad effects of taking them too seriously are just usually more noticeable on a game like TS3 than in other contexts.

For example, I manage a computer network for a living in the odd moments when you don't see me on forums. When we upgraded across the board from XP to Win 7, I made extra sure that the lower-end workstations on our network still met the requirements to run the heavily customized database that I also manage (plus Office, web browsers, etc.). Had to laugh in the end, with their 32-bit systems and 2 GB of RAM total yes everything met requirements and was perfectly stable, but it took at least three minutes to actually DO anything that the newer workstations at the time could do in .05 seconds. While technically "working" that wasn't what I had in mind at all and got some RAM upgrades to 4 GB for those puppies almost immediately. Stuff like this just happens, I'm sure the software publishers were aware of what their programs really take and the impact of not having enough resources, but they still never or very rarely update those system requirements.

We have always been and still are happy to explain what the real world requirements are for this game, all of it, to run acceptably in places such as the Tech Discussion boards on this forum, MTS, at NRaas, and other places devoted to simming.

So much depends on the computer specs though as to whether or not TS3 will be a good gaming experience for you. The last time I bought a laptop I knew exactly what I wanted but the man in the shop thought I should have a desk top Mac. In the end I simply walked away because he couldn't understand that a Mac was no use to me when I have sims disks for Win. Obviously the man was not a sims fan :)
    Not to give too much credit to clueless salespeople, but "no use" might be a bit harsh. My almost seven year old system mentioned prior is an iMac desktop with suitable specs for this game. The discs are not an issue for me, most of them except maybe in the very beginning are hybrid anyway, and there's always Origin. Years ago there were other legitimate ways to work with digital installs on both platforms. But with apologies to those who get some enjoyment out of the Mac version of the game, for the rest of us this version is garbage, far too crippled because of the improper way EA arranged its port into the Mac OS. So what many of us do is use Bootcamp to install a Windows partition on our Macs, play the Windows version of TS3 instead, and use the Mac side for just about everything else. Not the most efficient or cost-effective solution perhaps, but it does work very well. And when I get a new system probably later this year or maybe early next, it will most likely be an updated iMac again with the same intended structure in mind. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @igazor the intention was not to insult Macs or their users :) They are beautiful machines and with their displays would be very useful to someone like me who has limited sight. However we both know I am completely clueless about IT and so creating a separate section to run Win would have been beyond me. I was unaware of the hybrid nature of the disks at the time. The point is the salesperson didn't listen. I had said quite clearly I wanted a laptop and he just went straight to the Macs because they were having a sales drive on them. This is the equivalent of me walking into a garage with the intention of buying a sportscar and being offered a small town car "because it is easy to park, and it comes in a variety of colours including pink".

Anyway I hope you get your new Mac because you definitely know what you are doing to get it to run TS3. Also I totally agree without the tech forum most of us wouldn't have a clue.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I actually credit Sims 3 for forcing me to understand PC systems more and the way games work in general as prior to deciding to play Sims 3 I had not got a clue and boy has it been a journey in more ways than one lol Now having said that I love the game so much I hit a point (for me anyways) where I realized that that game was never going to play/work for me without spending more on a reasonable spec PC plus further techy knowledge of the game itself to overcome the many hiccups I was experiencing and 8 years later I am still learning as I go along and am very grateful to the more techy minded players on these forums that helped me immensely to keep my game going when i felt like giving up.. That said I want to play with every pack running not choose one over another plus all the store content and finally all the mods and CC I desire so of course there are going to be hiccups eventually.. :)

A couple of years ago I discovered Sims 2 and have to say with a modern day makeover of sims and worlds it can also look stunning plus I think Sims 2 sims are so much more in depth personality wise but I always come back to 3 for the open world and the stunning scenery so i would move on if I could have a 3 style open world along with that wonderful color wheel and sims with the depth I see in series 2 so that to me would be a sims marriage made in heaven :)
    Hello @SPARKY1922 lets hope whatever comes along next has all the features we want. I definitely want more human looking sims which fits with your modernised look for TS2 sims and would also welcome sims with more depth to them. That said I still think the existing TS3 sims do have a charm of their own :) Skillful use of the sliders and/or mods and cc can achieve a lot.

Personally I have learned quite a bit about my IT by coming to the forum. I still don't get a lot of it which is why I keep my game vanilla but between the nice techies in the computer shop and the forum my game keeps running. Touches wood :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    Hi @Bettyboop55

I am not saying 3 sims don't have their charm or good looks but I find 3 sims so much more difficult to tweak even with sliders that's why i appreciated the many face templates mods that have been made for 2 which took all the hard work out of it lol

I simply cannot play without mods/CC so hats off to you for managing to play vanilla-)

Sadly I am not sure we will ever get the game back in any new series the way I understood the Sims to be when i first started playing it so I have personally accepted the fact that I can be satisfied to continue to play series 2&3 and if by some miracle a good creator with vision can take up the mantle again and make the game as great as it was in the past I feel that would be an extremely big unexpected bonus and while I also have series 4 I hardly ever play it as it simply cannot hold my interest beyond the odd half an hour no matter how much I try but I can understand players who only want to turn on and play a game doing little else might enjoy it however as I now enjoy redesigning my worlds/lots then playing despite it taking more time (greater satisfaction) I have no real interest in just playing like that..

I have seen all the arguments for and against but I remember when buying the whole set of the 2 series from a trusted seller on ebay to put away for the future before they may all disappear for good I found pet stories, castaway and another disc in the box that i had no clue what they were and found out from another player they were actually standalone laptop games developed for players back then who might not have a strong enough PC to play the Sims 2 series on and remember thinking why can they not do that now so there are various versions of the game that can suit everyone and their own particular PC specs rather than pretending minimum stated specs were going to cut it after adding a lot of extra game packs like they did with 3 and then to add insult to injury after the 3 series had finished informed players they should not play with all packs because of game performance issues which i thought was an admittance after the fact that proved to me they only cared about you being able to buy the game maybe not so much about being able to play the game :)

I love (while being the worst builder on the planet-) being able to choose a hundred and one things I might want to do when I feel like it in my game and I only feel that kind of satisfaction with 2&3 series right now whereas 4 feels too driven towards particular outcomes for me and OMG the worlds are so tiny I like my worlds huge and expansive :)
    edited September 2018
    Hello @SPARKY1922 I didn't think you were dissing the TS3 sims lol, it's more a case of me being extra defensive of them after years of hearing them called pudding faced. As for the sliders there is only so far you can go with vanilla unless you are extremely skilled. My sims are sweet faced but not beautiful which suits me fine but I do look at what you can achieve with mods and cc and drool.

Like everyone else I am not sure what the future holds for the sims franchise. I believe the company will have a difficult task in bringing together two separate sims communities, TS3 and earlier and TS4. Both groups will have their deal breakers and I am not altogether sure either side will be happy to compromise. The good thing is for those of us who don't want to move to TS4 we still have TS2 and 3. It will also be interesting to see if a competitor does come forward to create an alternative and what that alternative will look like.

I agree TS3 has it's issues and it would be wonderful if some of these could be fixed as part of an upgrade to 64 bit. Part of the problem on performance was I believe people not understanding the minimum specs for the game when published were for the base game. Each pack as it was published did include a list of it's own requirements which would have been additional to the base game ones. I learnt that lesson the hard way watching my laptop go up in flames because the mother board had burnt out.

I agree the flexibility of both TS2 and 3 make them much more interesting to play. That together with gorgeous open worlds, CASt, CAW etc means there is very little incentive to move on unless something very special indeed is created.

PS Hold onto your disks. I gave up my disks when I got the TS2 UC and I really wish I hadn't.

Sim enim est vita
    Hi @Bettyboop55

Sims 3 is a fantastic game if a player can accept the limitations, learning process and the realization a much stronger (more costly) PC is required than maybe first thought and like 2 has a lot of potential for player input however individual players enjoy playing their games. I love looking at other player pics, builds, ideas it shows me just how much can be achieved with imagination/creativity defo greater than mine :)

I do believe that if the company recognized the split in the community for certain play styles and adapted it would probably make even more money which is after all any companies goal...

I apologize in advance for laughing about your laptop being on fire as I remember one of my earlier cheapo desktops emitting smoke and smelling of fire lol This is when I bit the bullet and started looking into things like specs and PC parts and these days I have a great PC tech who keeps everything upgraded and running nicely..but he knows nothing about the game so can never help me there-)

I still have a lot to learn about 3 but 2 a ton to learn because I got the full series in one go not so long ago and because I knew I would want to keep playing bought all the discs as said before which i will hold onto despite possible problems setting the discs up should I need them in future as I would like to have the choice to continue to keep playing..Have you taken a look on ebay at all as some decent sellers occasionally pop up with decent series to buy?
    @SPARKY1922 it wasn't funny at the time but I can laugh about it now because I did it again a second time with the graphics card on the next laptop. That mistake was down to not sorting out the graphic settings properly. The next machine will be a desk top, the current laptop is fine but I want to continue learning to use CAW and I need a larger screen.

I agree there is so much to learn. Even when you do as I did and bought most of the EPs as they were launched. The game has the ability to surprise you but that is part of the fun for me. What I like is the appeal is so wide ranging from world builders to story tellers to family players. It is no wonder TS3 remains popular and the company has not reduced prices for the game and the store content.

When I have finished my CAW project and am up and about again after my surgery then I shall start looking for TS2 disks. It's amazing what turns up in second hand shops and garage sales over here as well as Ebay. Perhaps I might get really lucky and find a copy of Castaway which I have never tried before :)

Sim enim est vita
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't mean to get off topic, but i am in the process of looking for a new laptop . i want to get one with a cd/dvd drive and one that will run TS3 smoothly while playing all my expansions at once. i currently have an Acer laptop with windows 10 (origin is how i play). but i'm considering maybe buying a Dell or another acer model....maybe even a toshiba. does anyone have any suggestions (simple, please - i don't know much computer jargon!)
    @SPARKY1922

When I have finished my CAW project and am up and about again after my surgery then I shall start looking for TS2 disks. It's amazing what turns up in second hand shops and garage sales over here as well as Ebay. Perhaps I might get really lucky and find a copy of Castaway which I have never tried before :)

and good luck with the the healing after surgery Betty! I've been quiet here recently due to moving to a new place in my city, but I am still glad to see this forum thriving

giphy.gif
    @TroyTalks the best place to ask this question is in the tech section. What I know about computers can be safely written on the back of a postage stamp.

Moving home is always stressful so I would recommend playing the sims as much as you can :)

My surgery is planned for early Oct but that may change, if I end up back in hospital as happened recently. My CAW project is going to be my main means of occupying my time while I recover but hunting down old TS2 disks on line would make a suitable strategy too.

Sim enim est vita
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Could another life sim game tempt me away from TS3? Possibly, but I'm not holding my breath. People like to say that simmers don't know what they want - but that isn't true. Simmers want options. All the options (or as many as we can possibly get). There are things about TS4 that are great - build mode's ability to slide things around, change sizes, etc. The ability to search in buy/build mode, the ability to download from within the game. Yes, multitasking is nice but... Multitasking isn't enough to compensate for all of the freedom TS3 gives. I really don't like the specified way you have to go about advancing in jobs in TS4. I dislike anything in Sims that directs my gameplay. If I want to play a goal oriented game or one with a quest line that must be completed in a specific way, I'll go play that kind of game. But... back on topic... what would tempt me? Open world, CASt, CAW, and options for everything, as well as an easy way for modders and CC makers to operate, and bring back the total sandbox. I want my world and my sims to look and behave the way *I* want them to - what's the point of being a Sim-God if things aren't the way I want them? Answer: No point at all.
    @Surreal I think a lot of people here share your sentiment. We are all mini deities of our own kingdoms and we know precisely how that kingdom operates. Long may it continue :)

Sim enim est vita
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    > @TroyTalks said:
    > I don't mean to get off topic, but i am in the process of looking for a new laptop . i want to get one with a cd/dvd drive and one that will run TS3 smoothly while playing all my expansions at once. i currently have an Acer laptop with windows 10 (origin is how i play). but i'm considering maybe buying a Dell or another acer model....maybe even a toshiba. does anyone have any suggestions (simple, please - i don't know much computer jargon!)

Hello, the new gaming laptops don't tend to come with a CD drive anymore, I think your best bet is to get an external CD drive and connect it with a USB cable. As for the brand of the laptop, I recently got a Lenovo Legion (i5) which is one of the cheapest gaming laptops available, and it works pretty well at the moment with TS3, all expansions and a bunch of CC.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I would definitely move on if another game producer made a similar game, but without The Sims downsides.

I have played some RPG (final fantasy, star ocean) for their cuteness, Civilization for its pace, Elder Scrolls Skyrim for its beauty (modded the monsters away), but I dislike the all encompassing focus in computer games on conflict and fights, horror and monsters. It is too simple a mechanism and a lazy way of creating dynamics and The Sims seems to be fairly unic in not having it as its main core.

But I like closed systems, and delibarately bought The Sims 3, and not 4 (started playing 2016), because I do not want to be a test bunny for new games and the idea of selling the game 'in pieces', like EA does with the expansion packs and patches is crude and puts me off. As an example, if I would like to play The Sims 4, I would not buy it until an eventual follow-up game would be in the market, making me sure of what I actually would be spending money on. It is very clear that the market idea with The Sims 3 was that customers in general would buy the base game and maybe one or two expansion packs, not all of them like I almost have, since they do not really work together all that well. This is something I will not repeat doing when buying another game.

If this market group of game players that The Sims 'opened up' will be catered to in the future from other producers, it will only make me happy. The interesting complexity in The Sims, both in the game itself and the possibilities for the player, would have to be met, along with the esthetically pleasing graphics that The Sims have. But parcing up the game and not being clear about the specifications the computer needs to have is bad play, and would have to go.
    I honestly can’t imagine that was their market idea, “we develop it but we don’t have the intention you buy it all” ;) I bought them all and though that did cause problems in the past (I remember installing Generations when it had been released messed up my game when my sims traveled to China), they obviously fixed that because I don’t have that problem anymore. And I’ve still got both Generations and WA installed. In fact I have all EP’s (and SP’s) installed and it works fine.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I would definitely move on if another game producer made a similar game, but without The Sims downsides.

I have played some RPG (final fantasy, star ocean) for their cuteness, Civilization for its pace, Elder Scrolls Skyrim for its beauty (modded the monsters away), but I dislike the all encompassing focus in computer games on conflict and fights, horror and monsters. It is too simple a mechanism and a lazy way of creating dynamics and The Sims seems to be fairly unic in not having it as its main core.

But I like closed systems, and delibarately bought The Sims 3, and not 4 (started playing 2016), because I do not want to be a test bunny for new games and the idea of selling the game 'in pieces', like EA does with the expansion packs and patches is crude and puts me off. As an example, if I would like to play The Sims 4, I would not buy it until an eventual follow-up game would be in the market, making me sure of what I actually would be spending money on. It is very clear that the market idea with The Sims 3 was that customers in general would buy the base game and maybe one or two expansion packs, not all of them like I almost have, since they do not really work together all that well. This is something I will not repeat doing when buying another game.

If this market group of game players that The Sims 'opened up' will be catered to in the future from other producers, it will only make me happy. The interesting complexity in The Sims, both in the game itself and the possibilities for the player, would have to be met, along with the esthetically pleasing graphics that The Sims have. But parcing up the game and not being clear about the specifications the computer needs to have is bad play, and would have to go.
    I honestly can’t imagine that was their market idea, “we develop it but we don’t have the intention you buy it all” ;) I bought them all and though that did cause problems in the past (I remember installing Generations when it had been released messed up my game when my sims traveled to China), they obviously fixed that because I don’t have that problem anymore. And I’ve still got both Generations and WA installed. In fact I have all EP’s (and SP’s) installed and it works fine.

I'm sure it wasn't their marketing plan. They had plenty of experience with TS1 and TS2 - they knew full well the fans would buy ALL of it - they were banking on it. And it paid off because we did. Were there some design mistakes? Absolutely. But I own all EPs and SPs, a ton of the store and some CC as well - and the game plays just fine. Are there occasional hiccups? Yes... but they're occasional and at this point, expected and we've developed plenty of workarounds for the game's limitations and glitches. It's a finicky game, there's no doubt, and it requires patience and maintenance - that's absolutely true. If you love it - as many of us do - you deal. If not, then not. Shrug. But let's not equate bad design decisions with marketing plans. I know on the launcher it says to only play one or two EPs for best performance, that bit was added long after the game launched. Pretty sure it came with the 1.69 patch which didn't come until after the last EP, if memory serves, and has much more to do with legal liability than it does with how they marketed or intended to market the game.
    @Surreal I agree marketing and design should not be confused. In the case of TS2 and TS3 the matter is academic but I would say given the popularity of the game these iterations and their EPs virtually sold themselves. We simply couldn't get enough content even though most of us had plenty already.

This brings me to my second point. It is a well accepted fact you need a decent computer to play TS3 especially if you want to play with all the packs, store content and third party cc. Speaking as a disk player using 1.67 I have never limited myself to just two EPs. As a builder (not a good one but I enjoy it) I want access to a wide variety of build and buy items. I also agree the message about the two EP limit did not appear until 1.69 appeared. I have always ignored it because I do not use Origin and I had always assumed the limitation was there to stop Origin being overwhelmed by demand. I clearly remember the issues EA had with Sim City and assumed they did not want a repeat with version 1.69. I am more than happy to be corrected by a more IT literate TS3 player. I would observe that I know of several players using 1.69 who do have all the packs installed but I also assume they have computers powerful enough to cope with that.

Finally I agree most of us still enjoying TS3 have accepted the game has issues and can be extremely frustrating at times. There are workarounds and mods which do help enormously. What saddens me is knowing some players have moved on because of performance issues, especially as we have an active and well informed tech section who might help them. What a lot of us have also forgotten, given the length of time TS3 has been around, is what a good standalone base game it has. For the first few years of playing I had nothing but the base game, two stuff packs and a few items from the store. I never felt deprived still don't. It isn't an ideal solution for those with less powerful computers but at least you get to play while you save for something better.

Sim enim est vita
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @TroyTalks A very kind simmer, @phoebebebe13, helped me out on computer specs when I bought my laptop. It was from Cyberpower and was built to her recommended specs. I love it and it shows off my games. Get a solid state drive. They're fantastic.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Hello @igazor the intention was not to insult Macs or their users :) They are beautiful machines and with their displays would be very useful to someone like me who has limited sight. However we both know I am completely clueless about IT and so creating a separate section to run Win would have been beyond me. I was unaware of the hybrid nature of the disks at the time. The point is the salesperson didn't listen. I had said quite clearly I wanted a laptop and he just went straight to the Macs because they were having a sales drive on them. This is the equivalent of me walking into a garage with the intention of buying a sportscar and being offered a small town car "because it is easy to park, and it comes in a variety of colours including pink".

Anyway I hope you get your new Mac because you definitely know what you are doing to get it to run TS3. Also I totally agree without the tech forum most of us wouldn't have a clue.

You were right to walk away. The guy was a Mac salesman - his job was to find a way to sell you a Mac, regardless of your actual needs. Now, the Sims 3 will run on both PC and Mac, especially if your disks are registered on Origin (that way you won't even need to play with the disks, you just use Origin to play), but he clearly wasn't listening to what you needed - he was putting his own priorities first. You never want to deal with a salesperson that doesn't take YOUR needs into consideration. This goes not only for buying computers, but buying food, clothes, cars and houses as well. And yes, there are a lot of ads for junk food that are basically food salespeople trying to sell you something that you don't need that is likely to be unhealthy for you (ie loaded with sugar, salt, preservatives and low on nutrition), and all kind of fancy packaging, some of which claims to be healthy - this is why nutrition label laws were passed ("healthy" juice - but over 25 grams sugar!).

Back to the topic of computers and the Sims. If the applications you want to run are incompatible with a Mac, there's no reason to get a Mac. Likewise, Linux and Chromebook computers are cheaper than PC's, but they don't run many games and applications, and they are not as widely supported. There are a lot of good graphics and educational applications for Macs, but if you aren't running those applications, it doesn't make a difference how pretty or cool the Mac case and monitor look. (It is kind of like when I, as a plus-sized woman, wander into H&M or various other stores that sell juniors and misses sizes - no matter how much I like the look of the clothes on the rack, or how much certain fashions are hyped and described as "trendy", if they don't fit right or come in my size, they are useless to me.)
    I still play Sims 1 and 2 from time to time. I have Sims 2 UC so I could use Origin to play it on a Mac if I got one, but my other old games, like the Tycoon series, would not run. And I would also be concerned whether I could play all the games in my Steam library on a Mac.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    Again clueless salespeople notwithstanding, Macs are the right tool for the right job for many of us in many other instances than those involving graphics and educational software. If there were dozens of things I wanted/needed to run at home that had no suitable Mac counterpart and that kept forcing me into Bootcamp to run them like TS3 does, or if a wider range of flexibility on hardware components were an absolute requirement, I would have to agree that a Windows based PC for home use might be a better choice. Different users have very different needs and usage patterns.

This all seems a bit off-topic for this thread, though. Let's just say we hope whatever game version or entirely different game that comes along and sweeps us TS3 enthusiasts off our feet in the future has properly made versions for both platforms and that no one ever repeats the mistakes that EA made with TS3 for Mac. And, as a bonus, that all versions are relatively low in sugar, salt, and preservatives. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh, geez... A Mac vs. PC...debate starting? ~tease~ grabs chair, sits down...gets out popcorn and chips. :D

ReallyDAWG.jpg

I've had people tell me to switch from PC to Mac because "Oh...if you're using Photoshop and Premiere Elements, Mac is the system to be on...everyone uses it...especially for photography and video editing." :neutral: Yeah... NO. but power to those who do and enjoy it. I'm not one of them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited September 2018
    PC or Mac it all comes down to personal preference, like your favourite version of the sims game. Naturally enough if you find something good which works for you then you want to go out and "sell it" to everyone who might be interested. Enthusiasm is not the same as abuse unless one goes deliberately out of their way to criticise another's choices. I think the TS3 community is particularly accepting of that, whatever is under discussion. In any case the world would be a much less interesting place if we all thought the same, did the same and liked the same.

We are lucky to have access to a game which offers so much choice, not only within the game, but across the iterations. I really believe once we have found our sims game of choice we are unlikely to move unless we discover something new which is a closer match to our requirements. I also firmly believe that long time players know precisely what they want from their sims game. It is, therefore even better, that we have so much choice currently. It also doesn't stop us from considering improvements or something new to add to the game as long as it enhances the pleasure we already get from our gaming. Long may it continue.

PS it might interest people to know Betty got her laptop. She walked into another establishment, gave her list of requirements to the salesperson and was offered a choice of three to consider. She also got her sportscar. She bought it from a female friend, after a very amicable discussion of engine size, petrol consumption, gearing ratios etc. It was a bright fire engine red :D:D:D

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I can't possibly move on yet! I only just installed Showtime and still have ITF, Pets, Seasons, IP and Supernatural to try! ;)
    edited September 2018
    You have so much to look forward to @Mikezumi it would be cruel to insist you move on :D Especially as most of us have yet to explore all the good things this game has to offer.

Sim enim est vita
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Bettyboop55 I would love more people can be invited on the fairies parties because my simself has a best friend fairy Viviane and she only can dance around the fairy house as if the fairy house is a boombox. :( My simself is a witch.
    I think of the same as you, the music is so loud and the nectar would be drink as whey.
    I don't have UC but the disks and that's nightmare because there are always a cc that is wrong and you hardly know which it is. Sometimes I got cc problems with ts3 but the game works. It doesn't block me to play live mode.
    Apple is terrible for gaming especially old games. I never got one and I am happy because windows reads everything.

@Mikezumi : I swear you'll love it all !

@Bettyboop55 : I didn't explore everything yet.
    It seems clear that The Sims 4 was meant for a different market than The Sims 3-player generation, and that its style is made to draw in a younger age player and also someone who has not played the other sim-games.

I am turning 30 this month and I play sims 4 but you are right , sometimes I got the feeling this game is so much for the young generation because the mentality of the game is different than we got previously. It's party party party social social social to be stuffed. In the sims 3 you can live in your grotto far far away from downtown or in your penthouse downtown and make sure nobody cares of you lol.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)