Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for worlds with fully-fledged households and stories

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hello, I've recently gone back to playing TS3 and have been enjoying custom worlds for the first time and I'm loving it more than ever. I know there is an abundance of greatly made custom worlds out there, but there have been a few that have blown my mind with the amount of backstory and detail put into the world, lots and households inside. I realized that I don't really enjoy playing in a world with generic sims and families no matter how well-made the world itself is. That was my main problem with worlds like Anne Arbor and Storybrook County from mysimsrealty, or with St Claire.

On the other hand, I fell in love with the worlds of Quailhogs (which I believe deserve more attention and love from this community), mainly Grey Meadow and Vargfjell. The amount of detail he put into these sims, their stories... It's almost like playing a completely different game from scratch.

I also really enjoy Los Aniegos from coasterboi, although he put considerably less backstory to his sims, compared to Quailhogs. The households and sims are all unique and interesting enough nontheless, and the world gives you an immersive West Coast experience right away.

I also want to mention Setra by Pyronium3, which is a bit like Los Aniegos in terms of amount of household-detail and backstory, but the setting is so well done that it's not difficult to fill in the gaps of storytelling yourself.

So, I would be very interested if you can suggest me any other worlds with fully-developed backstories and pre-made sims. Or if you just want to talk about the worlds you love. :smile:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2018
    There are some suggestions here http://modthesims.info/t/603834
    I don't really know of any more worlds with good storylines "built in" then the ones already suggested by you or the link above.

The other thing you could try to spice things up in your game is to try challenges - http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=564

I just remembered this world (I've not played it and not sure if there is actual "storylines") but here it is - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4349641
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    There are some suggestions here http://modthesims.info/t/603834
    I don't really know of any more worlds with good storylines "built in" then the ones already suggested by you or the link above.

The other thing you could try to spice things up in your game is to try challenges - http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=564

I just remembered this world (I've not played it and not sure if there is actual "storylines") but here it is - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4349641

Thanks for the suggestions! Forever the 50s really looks interesting! It might just be what I'm looking for. :) Stranda looks good too, I wish it didn't require so much CC, but I can give it a go. Thanks again.

• chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2018
    I really like Kingsbury. It's not populated and has no stories or lot's descriptions, but it's very charming. :tongue: Interiors was made very carefully and tastefully.

5z3r0c4a4cjq.jpg

More picture here, but sadly, all text in polish. Google doesn't translate it well. I may tell you something more about this town if you want.

[...]

Fratres has it's own stories and background. It's small island with a few big tombs. There is a lot to explore. It has only one disadvantage - quite many CC. But it's making town more steampunk and giving it it't own climat. Pics here.

It's more town to explore that just playing. If you don't want to explore tombs, it's better to play in another town.

[...]

Also Northeney, Auberon, and Saaqartoq. It seems to me, that all of these tree has family description and stories, but I'm not sure. They are worth checking out anyway. :smile:

Also Willapa Valley. It's not populated, but buildings have stories written in lot's description. :#

I explored something like 70 worlds, so I can't remember all good worlds. :tongue: When I remind myself I will write about them here or somewhere else. :wink:
    @chojrak I actually tried out Northeney and Saaqartoq! Northeney is one of my favorites too, just very tiring to play from lack of roads. :smile: Sims have to run everywhere and can't get much done in the time that remains. Saaaqartoq is very well made, so is Emporda, from the same creator. But like most worlds, the storyless characters didn't draw me in enough. :( I'll be sure to check out Auberon next. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Sorry, but why don't you make up your own story and your own families?
    Earcat wrote: »
    Sorry, but why don't you make up your own story and your own families?

Because I like having a starting point, a solid setting on which to build my own stories.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Your starting point could be based on how the town looks. If it's a town by the sea, it was started as a seaport. If the town is mostly flat, it was started as a farming community. If the town is near mountains, it was started as a mining camp. If the town has a film studio it was started for entertainment. You can make up a bunch of stories just on the way a town looks.
    Do you play with supernaturals(some people do, and some don't). Your town could be the only haven around for miles for werewolves. If most of the town doesn't like or hates supernaturals, they will have a tough time. Witches could keep their spells to themselves, but fairies and mermaids couldn't hide very well. Werewolves will have a hard time keeping quiet during a full moon and sooner of later, people will figure out why no one ssees that pale guy in the daytime.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top