Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game takes forever to load

Recently I have noticed that my game is taking longer to load up than normal...like a lot longer. I do have a lot of custom content/mods and I am wondering if that is making it slow.

PS-I have NOT added anything new to my computer so thats not it

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Custom Content can slow the game to a crawl.
  • TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh okay I guess I will delete everything and start over :/
  • SimmerGirl20SimmerGirl20 Posts: 532 Member
    edited May 2010
    Don't waste your time deleting all your CC. Just download "Delphy's Dashboard Tool" and see if you have any bad CC, delete it with the dashboard and voila! Easy fix. :)
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited May 2010
    Also try deleting your cache files. these are the ones you'll want to delete:
    CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptcache.package and simCompositorCache.package. They can be found here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

*Edited because i hit enter before I was finished :)
  • AnatnakiAnatnaki Posts: 4 New Member
    I had this problem too... I have 1.6 GB of mods and cc in my game right now and 708 files. I used to have 5 GB but I deleted a LOT of my cc but my game still takes forever to load. I usually turn the sims 4 on and let it load while I do other things but it just takes forever! I've never actually waited long enough for it to load. Also, a while ago I used to have a lot of cc but then I decided to merge my cc and I lost basically all of it. I also lowered my graphics, closed all other apps while playing the sims, deleted all my cache files, all my screenshots and recorded videos, most of my old tray files AND I even deleted lots of documents and apps on my computer because I thought the game would run faster.
    I just want to play The Sims!!! Someone please help me!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Anatnaki - Hi there. Sorry you're having troubles, but this thread is from over eight years ago and this is the TS3 section of the forum. I see you have already posted on the TS4 side, if you are still having problems perhaps continuing to post over there will help you find players who can assist. The two games are very different from each other.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AnatnakiAnatnaki Posts: 4 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @Anatnaki - Hi there. Sorry you're having troubles, but this thread is from over eight years ago and this is the TS3 section of the forum. I see you have already posted on the TS4 side, if you are still having problems perhaps continuing to post over there will help you find players who can assist. The two games are very different from each other.

I'm pretty new to the forums...
    sorry about the mistake.
    Thank you :smile: