Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend stuck in doll form

Tamaldo77Tamaldo77 Posts: 136 New Member
I have a child that was born in game. 2 days after he was born, the doll came in the mail. When he turned into a toddler, he wouldn't stop playing with the doll. When he aged up to be a child, the imaginary friend stayed as a doll...

I still make the child and the doll play constantly, hoping that someday, the doll will become alive, but so far, nothing's happened.

Can an imaginary friend doll come to life even after the toddler becomes a child, or have I come across some sort of glitch? :cry:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    Have you set the doll out? It won't come alive while it's in the child's inventory even when it's played with a lot. Pull the doll out of inventory and set it out on the floor.

Making it a real sim is another process, of course, but it has to come alive first.
  • Tamaldo77Tamaldo77 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    Have you set the doll out? It won't come alive while it's in the child's inventory even when it's played with a lot. Pull the doll out of inventory and set it out on the floor.

Making it a real sim is another process, of course, but it has to come alive first.

The doll was out of the childs inventory on his birthday. When he aged up, the doll stayed the same. I still leave the doll on the floor, but it just won't come alive... What do you think I should do? :cry:
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited May 2014
    Umm so, the doll has yet to ever come alive, correct? IF so then that just means your sim child hasn't played with the doll nearly enough.

Otherwise, well, I had a time the doll wouldn't come alive when I pulled it out of the inventory but when I tried an interaction, believe it was 'host tea party' a sim child (with a lil' glow over their head) came in through the door, hovered the curser over the sim and it had the Imaginary Friend's name, it WAS the friend; some kind of glitch, the doll was on the floor still too... Just was JUST a doll... Was weird...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited May 2014
    Kilov17 wrote:
    Umm so, the doll has yet to ever come alive, correct? IF so then that just means your sim child hasn't played with the doll nearly enough.

Otherwise, well, I had a time the doll wouldn't come alive when I pulled it out of the inventory but when I tried an interaction, believe it was 'host tea party' a sim child (with a lil' glow over their head) came in through the door, hovered the curser over the sim and it had the Imaginary Friend's name, it WAS the friend; some kind of glitch, the doll was on the floor still too... Just was JUST a doll... Was weird...

That sounds really weird, what happened to you. But the "host a tea party" -thing should actually work. If the child has played with the doll enough, hosting a tea party should make the IF alive.

But then, to the OP, while the kid was playing with the IF-doll as a toddler, did you get messages saying something like "they're becoming special friends"? Because if you didn't then it it just might be a glitch, and the IF will never come alive.

But anyway, I'd still try the tea party.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Tamaldo77Tamaldo77 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited May 2014
    kati77 wrote:

That sounds really weird, what happened to you. But the "host a tea party" -thing should actually work. If the child has played with the doll enough, hosting a tea party should make the IF alive.

But then, to the OP, while the kid was playing with the IF-doll as a toddler, did you get messages saying something like "they're becoming special friends"? Because if you didn't then it it just might be a glitch, and the IF will never come alive.

But anyway, I'd still try the tea party.

I think I did get that message, but the doll is still as inanimate as ever (it's never been alive) :cry: ... I'll give the "Host a tea party" interaction a try and see if anything happens... Thank you all for the help! :)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think I can answer this pretty easily, Imaginary Friend Doll does come alive, but how it comes a live is important. Imaginary Friend Dolls are service sims when they are in the imaginary friend form. Whenever the children are sleeping or away from the home lot they will not come alive. Sims that have the second form of imaginary friends can see other sims imaginary friend doll. Once the doll is changed to IF stage 2 the doll is connected to the Sim and the neiborhood and can't change neiborhoods because the IF friend is not a member of the household but is treated as a visiting friend so it goes to the service house during times it is in doll form and returns to a toy. If the IF doll in stage 2 is not turned real after the kid that spawned the IF friend dies the IF doll will be available again for its magical power. If a sim gifts his doll to another member of the family the IF doll will live in the service household until it dies, but won't be connected to the doll anymore but spawn another form of the doll the same age as gifted. If the doll is just setting around and if not connected to any previous sim the doll should display magical powers like the magic gnome, if not the doll IF is still connected to a stage 2 friend that can only be called by the Sim that originally had the doll. The IF friend Doll stage 2 dies when the sim dies that spawned his IF friend. The IF doll Sim stays at the Service household until the IF is summoned by the kid by interacting with it or when the kid wakes up and comes on lot. The doll returns to doll form when kid leaves lot. During the doll dormant stage the doll has no magic but can still give the IF moodlet for playing with it and give social interaction to both toddlers and kids.

Edit: I forgot to mention if the doll has a strong enough relationship with the kid you can do the test on his birthday put the doll a ways away from the birthday cake when the toddler blows out the candles the doll in toy form should magically teleport to the kids birthday cake and when he ages the doll will age too and within a hour the doll should age into a IF friend stage 2 the same age as the sim who imagined it and will always be the same age as that sim.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2014
    See below
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2014
    Not every baby gets an IF and not every IF grows up. It's
    a toss up. I've had kids who got them and I've had kids who
    didn't. I've had them stay as small dolls and I've had them
    marry my sims and have children. Basically, a lottery.
  • TenmaExceedTenmaExceed Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    Imaginary friend, when a toddler played with his/her imaginary friend, it happened to me 2 years ago the same experiences. When I did found out could be the glitch of the game's effect. I used to play having family though. But when comes to kid, I doubt our invisible friend will be toy instead. :D
  • ErniErni Posts: 1 New Member
    I got the special message for both of my twins and yet the dolls won't animate. When they became children they were still getting + from interactions but that has stopped now as well. Are they just dolls now with no way to fix it?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top