Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I have another question. On paying $25 per recolor/painting, is it $25 per square on floors or do each floor count as one?
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    I have another question. On paying $25 per recolor/painting, is it $25 per square on floors or do each floor count as one?

Good question.

Honestly, myself I've always just replaced the floors & most everything to avoid having to figure that out.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yeah, I'm with @Mmdrgntobldrgn on that one too. I always figured it was usually cheaper to just replace the floor and walls.
    I usually do also, but the thought just occurred to me. The freebie wood floors are not bad looking.
    I'm trying to do the orphanage challenge and I have 1 sim (the blonde girl) who just will not sleep until she is fully rested regardless of when I put her to bed. The game gets her up at 5 am when her rested bar is just shy from being complete. I still have the very cheap beds if that is the problem.
    edited September 2018
    That sometimes happens when you've had to reset a sim, @Sonshine77. Just send her back to bed.

Also, I looked at the rules again and it says:

All flooring and walls have to be papered over. So, I just thought you had to buy fresh to cover up the old.
    One situation I can think of where that question applies is the ground. Does the entire ground on the property count as one paint? I just did the first stage of renovations on the house. I joined all the bldgs into one house. I also have a greenhouse around the garden. I have to get at least one more fixer upper car to finish. The fishing also helps.
    Do you mean terrain paint? I think you can terrain paint all you want. I always have.
    I just found out something interesting. Sims can autonomously fish on frozen lakes or ponds! One of the teen boys went out and started fishing and actually caught something. Not quite how it works IRL though, lol. IRL, one has to drill a hole in the ice w/an auger and then either be in an insulated cabin w/a hole in the floor or bundle up to the max and sit outside, lol Can you tell I live in the north? LOL
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    I'm back from holiday and there's new posts to read! And as it's raining today (so the washing won't dry) I don't have to do it ;) This means spare time to be able to read all the stories without feeling I Ought To Be Doing Something Else!
    @Sonshine77 Everyone else answered your questions for you anyway - yes, terrain paints are free, like Ciane said; yes, you just paper over walls and floors like MamaD said, yes, a bench accessory is something like a utensils pot or whatever, like ADWilson said. Love what you've done with the house and the way it's turned out. :)
    I'll be posting again later today! I can feel it coming on already. In between helping my husband finish putting up the new garage ceiling (which I'm also going to need to paint, now I think about it. :s Preferably before he puts the new lights in) and making some soup - we ate a lot on holiday, so I feel the need for a few light meals for a few days!
    So glad you are back @SamelaRita. You were missed!

We've had so much rain here that I'm watering a wet lawn just to empty some space in the rain tanks for more yet to come. I think we could plant and harvest a rice crop here now!

There was a large boom last night and power flickered off and back on again. Then much later hubby got a call to go to a downed power pole with lines on the road. I'm not sure when he'll make it back from that.

So, there's lots of time for simming. I'll be finishing up the warehouse renovacy and stating on Mama D's latest one today probably.
    @ciane I got to read four chapters at a go! That was fun. I love the things Kirsten does to make life a little better for everyone - and her thoughts while she does it! Also the way the house is coming on, and that very elegant greenhouse in the garden too.
    Hope you enjoy your simming day - I've written a little bit more of mine (well, taken the pictures and so on: I still need to type it all up). And I'll look forward to your next post :D
    edited September 2018
    I kind of envy you ladies who are good at story telling. Something I'm not good at.
    I rarely take the time to really tell a story @Sonshine77. I mostly just comment on the pictures in a very loose story fashion.
    I kind of envy you ladies who are good at story telling. Something I'm not good at.

If you look at my posts on the orphanage challenge it's just notes from the game play, I don't always tell a story, especially if the sims** don't tell me their story.

Besides, the point is to have fun and experience new game play. :)

** I have an active imagination and as a kid would tell stories with my dolls & legos, but never wrote them down.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

I do love story telling, I must admit! I start a lot of my stories from Why would they do that? (I wrote a 100 baby challenge from that question) Or How did they end up here? which is where a lot of the renovacies start. I've always been a story teller, and anything can set me off on an idea for a story, but it's usually I wonder why..? But it doesn't matter if that's not you. The whole point of it is to have fun with the gameplay, and for me having a starting point and a (manageable) target makes it more fun. I just like writing a story along the way as well...some of them I just play for the game itself and don't do a story or I'd never get anything else done.

I really enjoyed seeing what you did with the house and how you changed it: nobody does it like anyone else, and then i get lots of brilliant ideas from other paople's buildings too! What's not to like? if you do another one, do post your pictures, please... :)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Really enjoyed your next chapter! And I like Abi's lifetime wish too...and her snaeking martial arts moves into the dance recital ;)
    I think my lovely husband is just putting dinner onto the table - I'll have to catch up with @ciane later: we've had a non-stop out-all-day sort of day.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited September 2018
    I started the Warehouse reno today and I really don't have any idea what these three are going to do yet. So far I'm just working on getting some money.

I had to re-download the lot and while I was looking through @SamelaRita 's studio I came across another challenge called The Farm and that one looks really looks like fun. If my launcher works for a few minutes I might do that one first.

It's been fun catching up on all your stories.
    edited September 2018
    Just be careful @Kgaff, some of the renos do have cc.

Oh and I've got the second chapter ready for Lilah. The link is at the end of the first post or just add /l1 after the other link: https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/lilah/l1

And now, another chapter, which is all for the night:

https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/lilah/l2
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited September 2018
    Here is something weird! One of the teens decided to fish again (they do this quite often) in the winter, but this time the water is unfrozen! I've never seen this before. There is still 3 days left of winter! Not only that, but I can actually direct them to fish.

43678160545_586c314114_m.jpgFishing in Winter
    Just as winter often comes early, so too I guess does spring! Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top