Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure: Golden Relics

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Has anyone collected all the golden versions of the relics? My sims only have 3, and none of them are the ones I would have preferred to have. I really want a golden version of the skeletal transmogrification relic and a golden version of the relic which gives you a skeletal assistant. A golden “mark for death” relic would have been nice, too.

Comments

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have a Sim working on it, i have 7 i think. Have at least 3 doubles as well. Having more trouble finding enough rare gems.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Plainevil wrote: »
    I have a Sim working on it, i have 7 i think. Have at least 3 doubles as well. Having more trouble finding enough rare gems.
    @Plainevil I’m jealous! How long has it taken you?
    As for rare gems, I have a scientist in my family so I’ve used the cloning machine to clone rare refined gems. Some may call it cheating, I call it utilising my resources ;)

I have soooo many of the ordinary relics at this point. Is there any particular knack to getting the golden ones?
    Been playing at least 40 Sim weeks. I have ageing off. Maybe i need to take a break from Temple Clearing and join the Scientist career although my Sim has already been abducted more than three times, already have that achievement.
    @Plainevil 40 weeks would be about 280 days. My sims have been exploring temples from young adulthood until the middle of their elderhood on normal lifespan settings. So, I guess they have been searching for only around 63 days. Quite a lot less than your sims!

I think I’m a bit sick of temples now so I might give it a rest for a bit haha.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i posted about this shortly after the pack came out, found a cheaty way to open the same treasure chest multiple times in a temple, so used that to count how many chests my sims opened before they got their first golden relic. the answer was either 26 or 28, so 'a lot'

...then my next household came in without using that trick and got their first golden relic in a random chest before they even got to the temple. so...yay rng?

(also, on the rare gem thing, one of my tester sims for this was a scientist with the cloning machine. you can clone either the rare gem or the cut form of the rare gem, which makes things soooo much easier for making the relics. you just can't clone the relics themselves, top, bottom, or complete)
    edited September 2018
    @kalaksed I also used the cloning machine to clone the refined (cut) version of the rare gem. It was in the family so I thought: Why not?

Would you mind telling me what the cheaty trick is to open the same chest multiple times? It would kind of fit my story if my sims had found all of the golden relics, but now one has died of old age and the other has only 5 days left!
    Has anyone collected all the golden versions of the relics? My sims only have 3, and none of them are the ones I would have preferred to have. I really want a golden version of the skeletal transmogrification relic and a golden version of the relic which gives you a skeletal assistant. A golden “mark for death” relic would have been nice, too.

I have 2 of both of the relics you want, The marked for death relic with a rare crystal is useless, if used on unplayed Sims. First Sim i tried it on had the rash for around 5 weeks, every other Sim since is cured within a day or 2. Using an uncommon crystal however will result in a fairly speedy meeting with the Grim reaper, so be prepared to extinguish fire or have a death flower ready, if you wasn't really tyring to kill that Sim.

The skeleton one, word of warning, game seems to generate family's with them and there all in hidden households. I have only used it once and avoid temples overnight.
    the cheaty way to do it is, instead of opening a chest, you ctrl + right click it, and pick the option 'set as head', then when the sim is wearing a copy of the chest, you ctrl + right click on the sim and pick 'reset'. that drops the chest in front of them, you can open it, then set the original as head again and keep going until you run out of space to drop the chests or get all the items you want from them. likely need to have 'testingcheats true' on, but i've had that as my default setting for years now, so tend to forget if it's required for certain things or not anymore

and yeah, the skeletons with families thing is weird...it's not just on skeletons created with the relics, though. two of my original temple guardians had whole familes, all with the bone-pun names, but regular sims otherwise. it was a pain to gather and delete them all. the game seems to create these families if it decides you don't have enough recently-seen children or teens in your game (i've got 30+ of each, yet it likes to decide 'hey, i've only seen 4 townie kids lately, you need more')

also, the rare form of marked for death is 'poison', which is...really a crapshoot of a death. there are three stages of poisoning, most stages last 3 days (and, for unplayed sims, this is 'three days on the active lot' which is why you were seeing multiple weeks on the one sim), and the first stage is a 50% chance that they'll shrug off the effects instead of move to stage 2 (also, note, it has recently been discovered that poison ghosts can occasionally poison nearby sims, instead of just knocking them all unconscious. could be good, could be bad, depending on your playstyle)
    @Plainevil and @kalaksed thank you both for the heads up regarding the skeleton and mark for death relics. I did notice that a sim I marked for death by poison with one of the normal relics didn’t die... Now I know why

@kalaksed bwahahaha you have to use the “set as head” cheat? How did you figure that one out? I’m going to have so much fun with this :D

@kalaksed well I tried the "set as head" cheat but um... It did not exactly go to plan.

My sim got a MASSIVE version of the chest as his head
    k5SubED.png

When I reset my sim, the chest disappeared entirely.

When, I tried resetting the chest on his head, it dropped to the ground, but my sim could not open it because it was too large.

I am not sure if they have patched out this cheat or if I did something wrong.
    edited September 2018
    wow, that is crazy looking. it has been a while since i've used that (like, i last used it maybe a month after the pack was released...) and i know they'd done some work with the cheats system since then, but didn't think it would affect things like this

i'll have to check it out myself and see what i can find out

edit:
    so, i sent my plantsim adventurer out to the temple to test this and, sure enough, the exact same thing happened. giant treasure chest (i did it with a regular chest right before the final room) that, when dropped, he couldn't path to

433e36849546973d2c4096b600e3a825.jpg

...now the question is, was this change done on purpose or is it a bug that needs reporting?
    Post edited by kalaksed on
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The Set as Head cheat hasn't worked the same since pre-Seasons patch I think.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2019
    got 6 of the nine so far :) got all three Totecallama relics, 2 Balampalsoh including the skeletal transmogrification one :D! and one Zatazototl one… three more to go for the complete set :) found them all without cheats...it just takes a lot of vacations and tons of treasure chests but hey ^_^ it's good money and the golden frogs and plates are gorgeous decorations anyways so you'll also end up filthy rich and with at least two complete collections while looking for these things
    D0FaXOT.png
    I have 2 of both of the relics you want, The marked for death relic with a rare crystal is useless, if used on unplayed Sims. First Sim i tried it on had the rash for around 5 weeks, every other Sim since is cured within a day or 2. Using an uncommon crystal however will result in a fairly speedy meeting with the Grim reaper, so be prepared to extinguish fire or have a death flower ready, if you wasn't really tyring to kill that Sim.

the rare marked for death curse does work, it just takes a while to kick in if placed on unplayed sims. i often curse paparazzi with this or annoying old pears harassing my females and i have seen them dying of the poison ;) the fire one is more fun i grant you haha though most of the times other sims will extinguish the burning sims -.- the poison however is an inevitable date with my boii grim :) nothing the game can do to save his precious ugly random filth from their doom.

edited July 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    also, the rare form of marked for death is 'poison', which is...really a crapshoot of a death. there are three stages of poisoning, most stages last 3 days (and, for unplayed sims, this is 'three days on the active lot' which is why you were seeing multiple weeks on the one sim), and the first stage is a 50% chance that they'll shrug off the effects instead of move to stage 2 (also, note, it has recently been discovered that poison ghosts can occasionally poison nearby sims, instead of just knocking them all unconscious. could be good, could be bad, depending on your playstyle)

yeah, i noticed this as well... except for the paparazzi ofcourse since they just follow wherever i go anyways so they get plenty of screentime...and then they die :D good riddance i say! nobody likes paparazzi anyways so the world is better of without them.

and hey :p at least the golden relic is permanent so if they shrug it of just curse them again :D at least they suffer, and i take it you'd only mark sims for death if you dislike them right? i hate paparazzi so to see them suffer is sheer Delight for me.

the rare marked for death curse does work, it just takes a while to kick in if placed on unplayed sims. i often curse paparazzi with this or annoying old pears harassing my females and i have seen them dying of the poison ;) the fire one is more fun i grant you haha though most of the times other sims will extinguish the burning sims -.- the poison however is an inevitable date with my boii grim :) nothing the game can do to save his precious ugly random filth from their doom.

I have still never seen an inactive die from the rare crystal but after a few dozen fails, i gave up. I will give it another try. I have noticed Sims are more likely now to extinguish other Sims on fire, they never used to bother when i wrote that original post. The uncommon crystal, is still what i am using to summon Grim.
    edited July 2019
    I have still never seen an inactive die from the rare crystal but after a few dozen fails, i gave up. I will give it another try. I have noticed Sims are more likely now to extinguish other Sims on fire, they never used to bother when i wrote that original post. The uncommon crystal, is still what i am using to summon Grim.

I saw it happen three times so far: 2 paparazzi and an extremely ugly elder random townie who was stalking my sims like crazy. he showed up everywhere my sims go and keeps on hounding them hoping to rush a flirty greeting on my YA female...old creep. it takes a while tho but eventually both the paparazzi and that old creepazoid died of the poison. i have no idea if the debuff keeps decreasing if they are not present but then again...paps and the ugliest randoms are almost Always there so yeah… ;p i also favor the uncommon crystal totem tho :p seeing them catch fire over and over brings a warm feeling to me ^_^ that'll teach them not to make me annoyed with them (not hard for random pears since i severely dislike random generated townies atm because the game favors them too much over the premades and sims i housed myself)

I saw it happen three times so far: 2 paparazzi and an extremely ugly elder random townie who was stalking my sims like crazy. he showed up everywhere my sims go and keeps on hounding them hoping to rush a flirty greeting on my YA female...old creep. it takes a while tho but eventually both the paparazzi and that old creepazoid died of the poison. i have no idea if the debuff keeps decreasing if they are not present but then again...paps and the ugliest randoms are almost Always there so yeah… ;p i also favor the uncommon crystal totem tho :p seeing them catch fire over and over brings a warm feeling to me ^_^ that'll teach them not to make me annoyed with them (not hard for random pears since i severely dislike random generated townies atm because the game favors them too much over the premades and sims i housed myself)

How long in game before you noticed they where dieing?, all i am seeing is a rash for a couple of days and then its gone the option to re curse them then appears. Only played through a couple off weeks and cursed 30 Sims so far.

Sims are not dieing from the uncommon crystal in my game now, they catch fire burn for a while then end up singed and complaining about they smell. It still worked after Strangerville, so something has changed since then.
    fmpR5VB.png
    W3JIhAq.png
    The above used to be whern Grim would come but instead getting
    u9LN1XW.png
    Seems the inactive Sims are immortal in my game. Do you use any mods? I do not but could be why we are seeing different outcomes.
    @Plainevil I don’t know if this is connected but I’m finding it more difficult to kill NPCs at the moment too (though I haven’t tried with the relics recently). I put a townie in a walled pool and she didn’t die despite being in there for 2 sim days.
    @Plainevil I don’t know if this is connected but I’m finding it more difficult to kill NPCs at the moment too (though I haven’t tried with the relics recently). I put a townie in a walled pool and she didn’t die despite being in there for 2 sim days.

I see something on AHQ about Sims not drowning in pools, I can not seem to get a Sim to die via fire, I wonder if Elders can still die from overexertion, guess i should give it a test.
    @Plainevil maybe there is just a problem with killing NPCs? I’ve been able to kill a played vampire by leaving her out in the sun and I killed a played sim by drowning in a walled pool.
    edited July 2019
    Seems the inactive Sims are immortal in my game. Do you use any mods? I do not but could be why we are seeing different outcomes.

Judith is not on a lot in this particular case.. i have seen this happen often: seems sims cannot die if they are not on the current lot you are at, perhaps it has something to do with the tombstone or something? the poisoning takes a few sim days, think in total a week or so. if they start walking around like they are low on energy they have the deadly moodlet and they will die soon.

i did notice it takes a darn lot of effort to kill non-played sims atm. i haven't seen a non-played elder die from overexertion yet. it does work on active elders tho.
    I thought i had killed the stall holder before, maybe i was mistaken. I did get a Sim to die with the uncommon relic but it required cheating, had to keep resetting Sims trying to enter the bar and it took 19 real life Min's. Still no deaths from rare crystal.
    Overexertion worked as well after 3 rocket woohoos elder was doing tired animations wasn't until i Que up a 4Th rocket woohoo that they died.
    i see...well yesterday another sim died of poisoning and it was a random pearfreak i hit with the curse so i can assure you it does work...it just takes a while and i suppose the sim must be present hence why i target the pears since they never leave my sims alone...
    edited August 2019
    Ugh I have 7 of the 9 now. Just two more...

I keep getting duplicates (and triplicates)
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top