Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun & interesting Romance Plots?

Hello Simmers!

I feel like my game has fallen flat in the romance area lately. My Sims are either marrying their childhood sweethearts, or the boy/girl next door without much adversity or drama. Sure, I've had a couple of fun romance plots in the past, but I feel like I do the same thing over and over again, so I want to try something new!

Any fun or interesting romance plot ideas? Any challenges? What have you done with your Sims? I'd love to hear your stories and ideas!

Thanks! :sunglasses:
giphy.gif

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    I know what you’re going through and whenever I have this I always go for wild things. I’ve had a doctor who had a great wife and son and to decided to spice things up by having my doctor flirt with his female patients and go do “family visits”. He had about 5 mistresses and 8 kids.
    Another one I had my female sim go away for a business trip to San Myshuno where she met someone and had a kid but the father took the child. She kept the kid a secret, I even forgot about her. How every her daughter met her in highschool, and they became best friends.
    A different another summer gave me an idea to have a sim marry their childhood sweetheart have a kid but then they hook up with a different woman and leave their family.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Closest I came to any adversity/drama was
    1) Bob and Eliza’s marriage as written in their Maxis bios. They didn’t really get along in terms of game mechanics either and Eliza nearly had an affair. Until one winterfest when it was like they forgave each other and now they act like most Sim couples -stealing kisses autonomously and the like.

2) I thought the future spouse for their daughter was safe. I had him flagged for MCCC no affairs and no marriage.
    When she proposed and he moved in, turned out he had a CHILD by Billie Jang. Seems there’s a seperate flag for that. ;)
    So after a couple of not-really-dramatic, faked rows, the couple I am talking about are raising his kid by another woman.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    In one of my saves, I have a couple where one sim is Good and the other is Evil. It was hard to keep the romance going at first, but now they're engaged.

In another save, my sim is in a "rock band" and is trying to make his relationship with a single mother work.

I also have done a 'star crossed lovers' scenario. Two countries with monarchies are at war, and my sim is bethrothed to the princess of one kingdom but in love with the prince of the other. The goal is to keep their romance & friendship bars as high as possible without being found out, as well as finding a way for them to be together in the long term.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm playing a fun scenario at the moment which happened accidentally! I had a single female Sim move into an apartment and her neighbours included a married couple - she and the husband from this couple ended up having an affair and he has now actually left his wife to move in with my Sim...yet his now ex wife still lives next door!! It makes for some interesting hallway encounters, with her stomping about!

Hope you find some inspiration soon :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Usually mine aren't so much romances as drama, cheaters that don't want to get caught ect... by the way I love your idea @CrystalAbyss1
    I've done something like it on a cop but will have to revisit that.

Since I'm kinda creepy the best romance story I have was when I wanted to make my girl sim a ghost when ghosts were released. I killed her off and duh didn't have anyone living there to move her in.. head slap to myself (later realised I coulda moved a family in that lot with the urn still there). Anyway I reloaded the game and saw a townie in a stetson walking by and figured new roomate! They got on so well that after I killed her off and he moved her in... decided to turn around and kill him off .. then I had a pair of ghost lovers for a long time. It was sweet to me anyway :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I've kinda got one going right now.

I started with a sim named Markus Lindgren, an explorer/archeologist who has returned to Windenberg, where his old friend Bjorn and his former soulmate, Clara, have been raising a family.

He intends to win Clara back from Bjorn, who wronged Markus at some point in the past and "stole" Clara.

So far he has run into Clara a few times socially, but Bjorn does not know he's back just yet.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I accidentally let my sim flirt with her roommate and their love meters made a huge jump. Was about to pretend that it didn't happen, because I originally thought the roommate was straight, but instead I let them be into each other and have chemistry for a really long time, but when one of them got out of a relationship, the other one was already in one and vice versa. Finally, at a very juiced spooky party, they got together.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I had to restart the game completely from scratch, the original save and game got corrupted from testing a mod. Needed to repair twice. Anyway...
    I've played a female Sim I created, Jasmina, a dozen times or more. She always gets a job as a writer, meets Caleb, dates and falls in love with him, eventually marries him and reaches the top of her career as an author, has kids, etc. Well, this time I'm playing her as a bit of a player. The first vamp she's met so far is a made-over Vlad (thanks to @RedDestiny92). I'm planning on getting her involved with Caleb too, and she'll date/woohoo them both. Just haven't decided which one will have the honor of turning her...or I'll add more vampire studs for her to play with >:)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited September 2018
    mGjlO3n.jpg
    Pictured above: Johnny Cade and Misery. This relationship is quite complicated. They're engaged to be married and live in the same apartment building. That's how they met. Miz is a flirt and has quite the sordid past; she's had numerous affairs, even while dating and being engaged to Johnny, but at the end of the day she does love Johnny. They enjoy spending time together, and I could definitely see them married in the end. The real hitch in this relationship is that Johnny Cade was essentially raised by my simself who is married to Two-Bit Matthews, one of Miz's many affairs when she first moved to town. That happened before she'd even started dating Johnny, but it's kind of an ugly secret she and Two-Bit are keeping from Johnny and my simself. That particular affair has ended, but Miz is still getting around. It's one of the ways she supplemented her income. Also, Johnny Cade fell in love with Luna Villareal when they were teenagers, and when they both became young adults she cheated on him with Dorian Grey, which is also one of Miz's affairs as well. If Johnny ever finds out about that connection, it'll probably be the end of he and Miz's relationship.

This is one of my most crazy romance affairs, so I hope it provides some inspiration. I also just love telling this story any chance I get. >:) In general, I'm a pretty generous Watcher who tries to give my simmies everything they ask for, but every so often I gotta throw in some drama to keep me entertained.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I recently started a new romantic plot thanks to the Wishing Well. It gave one of my sims an enemies with benefits kind of relationship with a townie who I made over and gave a backstory to.

I also use a mod to give my sim magical powers. She is training in the white arts while her lover trains in the black arts. They are literally night and day and hate each other so much but are also crazy about each other. It's pretty amusing to see them fighting in one instant then making out in another.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I think the favourite romantic storyline I ever played was when I had two sims I loved who had just gotten married. The girl died by accident but the guy had to level up his cooking and gardening skills until he could make ambrosia to bring her back.

It took a little while because they had a toddler daughter but was also just really nice to play.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Since Lily Feng is Unflirty, doesn't like children, and seems like a total shrew, I decided that Victor Feng should have a mistress. Jade Rosa seemed like the perfect choice for him, so she dumped Paolo Rocca and moved into a nice apartment that she "inherited from her grandparents" (122 Hakim House) and they met at a festival. Victor has a key to Jade's place and is over nearly every day. They have a daughter named Beatrice. Since becoming romantically involved, Victor & Jade only meet at her apartment so it doesn't impact his political career.

Victor & Lily also have a teenage son named Dominic. I made him in CAS as a teen so Lily wouldn't act like a jerk to him (I don't like sims who are mean to kids). Dominic is dating Sofia Bjergsen, much to the horror of Lily, who would prefer he date a nice Chinese girl (Lily is very narrowminded). Lily would also like Dominic to follow in his father's career, but Dominic is much more interested in the tech industry. Dominic wants to move to Windenburg when he grows to adulthood and raise a family with Sofia, rather than stay in San Myshuno.

Lily has caught Victor being flirty with Jade once, and was very angry about it. I'm tempted to see if I can tip her over into "enraged" and if she'll die from it. Or perhaps she'll die from a bad dish of pufferfish nigiri. >:)

Oh, and while Paolo Rocca was really down about Jade dumping him, he bounced back pretty quickly when Morgan Fyres grew up. They went from good friends to lovers pretty quickly and eloped. They live in a little house in Newcrest and can't seem to get enough of each other.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2018
    Honestly, I just try to follow my Sims' whims. People complain about 'flirt with <blah>' whims popping up when they're around someone friendly, but I love that whim more than anything else, because I take it as my sim letting me know they're kind of into a sim I might not have considered previously. Sure, sometimes it's a brother-in-law who's been crashing on the couch wanting to flirt with his sister's husband, but hey! ~variety~

Also the romance festival is great for taking a group to, getting them hopped up on the tea, and just letting them make terrible decisions.
    Post edited by Sjofn on
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    I think the favourite romantic storyline I ever played was when I had two sims I loved who had just gotten married. The girl died by accident but the guy had to level up his cooking and gardening skills until he could make ambrosia to bring her back.

It took a little while because they had a toddler daughter but was also just really nice to play.

This is so sweet!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'm really terrible at storytelling any romance that would not be sinked in heavy drama or social issues. Guess I need to watch more romantic comedies to get some references lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm on my phone. So the very brief description of a bit of romantic drama going on in my game...

I started with Kallie and Matty. Matty isnt ready to settle down and give up his partying lifestyle.

He stated a weekend with Kallie, where she got pregnant with his son, Trace. Trace turned toddler and Kallie invited Matty's roommate, Ryder, to go workout and shed a bit of the baby weight. They ended up at a club in windenburg, but Ryder had to work, so Kallie called Matty. A quick tumbled in the closet, and she was pregnant with his daughter.

She invited him to stay the night and visit the son he hadn't met yet in the morning.

After matty had gone, she ran into her best friend ever, Ivy and they stood outside talking, and I dont know who started it, but the began flirting with one another.

So she has romance now with all three... and she doesn't want to settle d po wh with any of them.
    p8L4V6v.png