Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Welcome Wagon

I also have a help thread for MC in the Gameplay Mods section, but I wanted to start a thread here, too, for general discussions about playing the game along with MC Command Center.

If you play Sims4 with MC Command Center added, you're welcome to post here about your game. Comments, stories, a few pictures, whatever strikes you that's worth sharing, I'd love to see it!

If you're interested in adding MC and have questions, that's fine, too. Whether you know anything about mods or not.

I also won't toss you out for talking about OTHER mods. I do it all the time. Some don't work with MC, some you have to play with to get going, and some work fine with MC.

If you know of things for any part of that list, please share the wealth here, it can only help with Troubleshooting. :)

If you've never used mods, if you're new to the game... I don't care. Come see what it's all about.

I enjoy meeting new players, people interested in learning new things, etc. I'll help if you need it, too, if I can. If I can't... I know some folks. :wink:

MC *just* updated to 2.10.0 and I can tell you, the new goodies Deaderpool added are SWEET!

I just know I can't play this game without MC Command Center installed (to clean up some of EA's messes), and I know there are other people out there who feel the same way.

I'd love to chat about game stuff with you... our experiences are VERY different from what vanilla players see. Different from each others, also. Very configurable game.

What are you doing with yours?

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Right off the bat, let me introduce you to one of the joys of playing a modded game... updates! :smiley:

MC 2.10.0 was released yesterday, and somebody found a bug (new Adoption thing) in the Pregnancy module.

So, TODAY, the MC_Pregnancy file was updated *again*... IF you are NOT going to be using the new Adoption routines, you aren't likely to see the error message (regular pregnancy routines work fine), and don't have to run right out and grab the new file.

I did download it, because I probably will trip that, at least once, next time I play. I'm curious about how it works, I've just had other stuff going on.

Who's played with any of the new features from 2.10.0, and, what do you think? I'm loving what I've seen so far.

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Hi
    I have "enjoyed" MC Command Center since I was pointed in its direction by a friend in here who also happens to be among the finest SimLit writers I have ever read.

Be that all it may, I find it to be a very user-friendly mod and can be adjusted to an individual's playing tastes. It can change as much or as little of the game's tendencies as one might want, and it is regularly updated.

It not only reverses the unintended side effects of well-meaning patches, including blacklisting those rotten clowns that came with the latest patch, which affect peoples' games in varying intensity, some not at all-- regardless of whether they lay mods or vanilla.

I play the base only. I have yet to see paid content that interests me. (Weather and/or seasons would interest me for sure). The other advantage to this is that it does add some story progression to the game where there is none in the OEM.

So.. "Cheerleader post"? Not intended that way, only posting my experiences with it. Though I have other mods that correct intolerable Sim behavior, such as taking hours to eat, a day to tend a small garden and one that stretches the queue to ten tasks from the OEM 7 or 8.. Though I have these, this one can cover a lot of ground by itself.

Some of the functions I use "Sim Flags which include a Do Not Cull option There is also the option to freeze aging on any individual Sim, so I don't have to use the global in-game "aging off" setting.

I'll continue to use this and tweak my settings until and unless the game's originators input things like story progression, population count and so-forth.. things that would send the MC Command author into retirement and off to the old folks home.
    edited May 2016
    I have a story to share about one of MC's newest features, when I get back from the school run.

Interesting morning at play, I've had.

Details incoming, check back a little later this morning. :)

About my story, for AGES now I've had a big bad lockup happening from my main household, anytime I would use my main sim's RelPanel to trigger editing any other household's sims via CASF.

Worked fine getting IN, but on exit, heading back to the live lot view, it would stall out, sit here "not responding" for at least 2 minutes. Every time.

Eventually I checked it from another house with nothing in their inventory, and the whole process worked fine. Huge Clue!

Background, it was a house with Larissa (main), her alien-abduction produced son (aged up to child when the 2 day new baby buff went away), and roommate alien Savanna (who is also insane, btw... I get a kick out of the insane sims, and an insane alien is like a bonus! LOL!). I've been having THAT problem for a while, and within the last couple of days, it spread to where I couldn't even get their house to LOAD... rest of the game works fine.

I think I fixed my inventory bug this morning, for good. Little bit of a drastic solution, though... this is windy but it's a cool story.

I split alien Savanna off into her own house, worked fine. Then I moved Larissa's alien son in with Savanna. Then I used Savanna to end Larissa's 2nd alien-started pregnancy. So far, so good.

Then I tried to load Larissa and her lot... no dice. So I evicted Larissa, saved a copy of the lot and then bulldozed the house, put down a new smaller one, and tried again. Still no good, wouldn't load at all.

My logic may be faulty here, but that led me to think SHE was the problem, not the house at all. Her personal inventory, most likely.

Sooooooo... I switched to Jacques Villareal's family. Insane criminal type, right? I used MC's Summon Sim from him to invite her over.

And then I used MC's nifty new Kill By Electrocution switch on bugged-out Larissa.

Yep, she's dead now. Urn is hanging out in Villareal's living room, and I've already exited and reloaded their house, to make sure it's okay. It's okay.

And the Grim scene was EPIC! LOLOL!!!

Best part was (although the actual death throes were pretty dramatic), after it was all said and done, I had Jacques ask Grimmy what his job was... "you'll find out soon enough." Well, Jacques is flagged for No Aging... but let him tick me off, and we'll see about that! Haha!

(I'd never done any of this before. Takes a LOT for me to deliberately kill off a sim, and usually I'd just delete them. This was a lot more fun!!)

So, that's my story for the morning. Problem-solving, MC style.

What's cool in YOUR game? :)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i relly enjoy using mc controller even if i prfer playing with aging fully off it gives me full control in my game and do not regret using that mod i would also like to thank @egwarhammer for making me know that mod thanks to it i can prevent the tragic clown from spawing in town
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    i relly enjoy using mc controller even if i prfer playing with aging fully off it gives me full control in my game and do not regret using that mod i would also like to thank @egwarhammer for making me know that mod thanks to it i can prevent the tragic clown from spawing in town

Deaderpool mentioned aging recently, he said the ONLY difference it really makes is to when the various pregnancy alarms run.

I thought it affected more than that. Well, it used to, but come to think of it he DID change some things there. Partly (okay, probably mostly) for me.

You know that Labor Notification you can get on Played pregnant sims when it's time? Those weren't working for me, and it was forEVER before we (well, HE) figured out it was me playing with Aging OFF that was causing me not to get those.

I gave him seven grades of garbage over it, too... he probably fixed it mainly to get me to hush! LOL

That's what ended up leading to me switching to Aging on Long, and being THRILLED when he later added the No Aging flag. I haven't tried Aging Off lately to see if anything is different now, it could be.

I'm not RECOMMENDING "Long Aging", just telling you how I came to start using it. Aging Off is fine. (Played many a day on Sims2 and 3 that way!)

And you know, you're not limited to those once-weekly pregnancy runs, either.

There's a setting in the computer > pregnancy submenu where you can pick days for that to run. If weekly isn't enough, add a day. Back when I did have aging off, I added Tuesday to the normal Saturday run, to make it more like Long. Works fine.

By the way, here's an edited screenshot of the Weekly Schedule of Alarms. Had to shrink it to get it all in one shot. Handy reference, I look at it every sim day, to see what's coming at midnight that I need to set up for.

2yw5kwj.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    thank you for leeting me know :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm new to mods so i don't even know what the alarms do.
    i'm new to mods so i don't even know what the alarms do.

Alarms are the meat of MC. They're scheduled events that do various things from the different modules, depending on what day it is and your Aging setting (affects pregnancy alarms).

To me, the Saturday alarm (which I set up for by 11pm Friday night, it runs at midnight SHARP Saturday AM) is the biggest one, because in addition to pregnancies and marriages, it also moves sims onto your map out of your homeless bin, if you have homes available.

BTW, if after that one you see any Windows with different names than the Sims living there, give it a couple of days, there are Cleaner runs that handle that little burp, too. Worked fine for me last night (it had been broken for a little while).

Some of the "behind the scenes" alarms will do their stuff regardless, but SOME things you DO have to set the mod up to handle for you. A lot of things are set to default to be like EA settings, so if you haven't changed much, you may not see it do much, at first.

Browsing the description page is a good thing to do. It's pretty much how-to-everything, once you get the hang of where to look.

If you enable logging and set it to append, a couple of minutes after 12, open your log file (any text editor will do) and it will tell you what alarm just ran, and what happened, if anything.

Some nights I don't have much happen. And some nights, it seems like everything changes. Once you've played through a week's worth of alarms, you'll see how it all comes together.

If you have any questions (settings, "where is it??" "how do I?" etc), let me know.

Game's frustrating enough. I won't let MC do that to you, too, if I can help it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm not very into story progression myself, so I've been keeping those notifications off. I'm still trying to tweak around with it. I also don't like a lot of homeless Sims in my towns. I've been using the mod ever since it was released and updating it along the way. It just keeps growing and is a must have mod for me to keep my saves and Sims safe from the multiple cases of culling.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    So there's a new "what I love" about sims4 thread rolling... I read it, but I haven't posted, because honestly the things I love most about playing this game come from things MC does or has. I'm having trouble finding a "game" thing, personally.

I could tell you what it ISN'T, but that's the wrong thread for those comments. o:)

What I love about MC... that would be a wall of text post, for sure. <3

Tough week, game DTs... anybody want to tell me some of your sims story? I'm up for vicariously feeding my addiction, since I don't have much play time, this week.

Not really doing anything but wandering around another new hood with another new sim in another new game... 69 of 70 are unplayed, right now. Giving the game/mod free reign, just to see what happens. Alice and Nina are mixologists. LOL!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    So there's a new "what I love" about sims4 thread rolling... I read it, but I haven't posted, because honestly the things I love most about playing this game come from things MC does or has. I'm having trouble finding a "game" thing, personally.

I could tell you what it ISN'T, but that's the wrong thread for those comments. o:)

What I love about MC... that would be a wall of text post, for sure. <3

Tough week, game DTs... anybody want to tell me some of your sims story? I'm up for vicariously feeding my addiction, since I don't have much play time, this week.

Not really doing anything but wandering around another new hood with another new sim in another new game... 69 of 70 are unplayed, right now. Giving the game/mod free reign, just to see what happens. Alice and Nina are mixologists. LOL!
    Well you might like this thread. People are pretty cool in it and they don't mind if you use mods or CCs for creations. There is no winner, it is just fun to read. People been telling their character stories with it. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886576/33-day-create-a-sim-challenge/

Pretty much all my Sims stories are tied up in the family thread because it was the only safe place to post my Sims 1-4 pictures in when I joined forums. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Originally posted here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14841765/#Comment_14841765

I thought this was a decent overview of some of what MC does, so I decided to copy it to this thread, also.
    :)

MC is the story progression mod, yes, but nearly everything in the mod can be disabled if it's a function you aren't interested in.

You can leave whole modules out, and other than an occasional ? message in the log (which can also happen if you don't have all of the GAME installed, and play it with all of MC), what's left will work fine.

MC has a lot of other neat things built in... some error catching, MC users don't see the bassinet bug from parents trying to bring babyobjects along to community lots, for one thing.

Pause on zone=best feature in the history of this game, IMO. Autosave, wardrobe etc maintenance (dresser/cleaner)... NO CULLING of *any* kind, customizable for your needs... careers, clubs, logged game/mod info... it does SO MUCH MORE than *just* story progression.

Oh, yeah... there's a Clown Bypass switch too, for those who have reasons not to want clowns in their game. Also, a ready-made list of clown wardrobe parts to be used with dresser/cleaner.

Nobody has to take my word for how full-bodied MC is. You can all read... :) (Captain Obvious just had to point that out.) :p

Description page for MC is EPIC. Push the Spoiler buttons. You'll see.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

I am not saying everybody has to play with MC, although I tried modless/vanilla again the other day, and TBH I don't see how anybody can play WITHOUT MC, I can't do it. Such a frustrating experience, to me.

But I do seriously think everybody playing Sims4 should at least LOOK at MC, because it is truly a game-changing mod, no matter how you use it.
  • missviolet29missviolet29 Posts: 116 Member
    I am not new to The Sims but I'm new to The Sims 4 and with installing mods in general as I never used mods in The Sims 3 and it's been a long time since I played The Sims 2.

I need help with how to install updates of MC Command Center? I did install it fine and it worked well, but in April when the update came out I think I installed it wrong and I lost all the settings I had with the mod in my game. Is there a way to update it and keep my settings? I've used the search here but I didn't find an answer (well at least one I can understand). If anyone does take the time to explain it to me, please explain it like you're explaining it to a 3 year old. Lol! But for real.
    edited June 2016
    I am not new to The Sims but I'm new to The Sims 4 and with installing mods in general as I never used mods in The Sims 3 and it's been a long time since I played The Sims 2.

I need help with how to install updates of MC Command Center? I did install it fine and it worked well, but in April when the update came out I think I installed it wrong and I lost all the settings I had with the mod in my game. Is there a way to update it and keep my settings? I've used the search here but I didn't find an answer (well at least one I can understand). If anyone does take the time to explain it to me, please explain it like you're explaining it to a 3 year old. Lol! But for real.

No worries. I speak "beginner" fairly well. I wrote the troubleshooter thing Deaderpool includes with the mod's AllModules zip file. It's outdated, but the steps are good.

First let me say you're in luck, even though it took me a few days to get back to you (work week, 3d shift, I'm pretty scattered till this Monday AM, then I'll have a week off to be around and play and stuff), it just means Deaderpool had time to upload MC 2.11.0 (also woohoo to the other site), last night.

To update it, all you need to do is download the AllModules.zip file (close to the bottom of the list) and unzip it. (Same for woohoo's 2 files if you add that part.)

In a separate File Window, open your /Sims4/Mods/MC folder (whatever you call it). Highlight ALL of your existing MC .package and .ts4script files.

Any .cfg or .log (or .info if you've used dresser to log outfit info) file can be left alone. This will keep your settings, for the most part.

Delete ALL those old .package and .ts4script files, and then copy the new ones into the folder. That really should be all you need to do to install the updated mod.

I also recommend deleting your localthumbcache file before you start up your game, it seems to help stabilize things, for me at least.

If you need more help, let me know. :)

Edit: add screenshot of 2.11.0 installed:

t6t8ci.jpg

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm not very into story progression myself, so I've been keeping those notifications off. I'm still trying to tweak around with it. I also don't like a lot of homeless Sims in my towns. I've been using the mod ever since it was released and updating it along the way. It just keeps growing and is a must have mod for me to keep my saves and Sims safe from the multiple cases of culling.

Yeah I seen to have an increase in the homeless looking all dirty and sleeping in the park. I would love to know if I can change that via MCCC settings.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Yeah I seen to have an increase in the homeless looking all dirty and sleeping in the park. I would love to know if I can change that via MCCC settings.

I'm not sure, they're probably just insane homeless park sleepers. Any insane sim is going to wind up hanging out at the park. Even Jacques Villareal, with that big fine house, he'd rather sleep on a park bench.

What's your Maximum Homeless number set on? And how many unplayed households (windows, not sims) do you have?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

I'm not sure, they're probably just insane homeless park sleepers. Any insane sim is going to wind up hanging out at the park. Even Jacques Villareal, with that big fine house, he'd rather sleep on a park bench.

What's your Maximum Homeless number set on? And how many unplayed households (windows, not sims) do you have?

I figured it out, My friends daughter admitted to changing the settings to my game when my daughter left the game open to go and do something. I swear that kid is the spokesperson for kids who act like they are spawns of the devil!!! Her reason was because I wouldn't let her play TS3 on my desktop. Geee I wonder why!!!! I put it back to he default setting and everything is the way it was.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • elmcnamaraelmcnamara Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd love to use this and I downloaded and installed it exactly as instructed with the files in the mod folder directly, but when I open my Sims 4, a notice comes up that it sees it as a mod, but not script and there is nothing in the game actually playable. Any ideas on how I can get it working?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    elmcnamara wrote: »
    I'd love to use this and I downloaded and installed it exactly as instructed with the files in the mod folder directly, but when I open my Sims 4, a notice comes up that it sees it as a mod, but not script and there is nothing in the game actually playable. Any ideas on how I can get it working?

Hello @elmcnamara
    I am just checking that you unzipped the files out of the zipped folder and placed them into your mods folder, and removed the zipped folder from the mods folder. Sometimes if you leave zipped folders in the mods folder it can cause issues.