Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caldey Isle, now has over 2000 downloads!

123457...Next

Comments

• Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member

Cendres13
    Aaaah shucks. You`re making me blush :blush:

I've been dying for a world just like this for years and tried many but so far this is my favorite. I've spent the last two days making sims for the world, I will post pictures when I start playing my legacy.
  • Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    Here's a few pics I've taken in your world. I loves it!

Screenshot-724.jpg

Screenshot-730.jpg

Screenshot-728.jpg

Screenshot-781.jpg

Screenshot-793.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hi @StellaToronto I've finally had a chance to spend some game time in Caldey Isle ... and what an awesome world this is!!! <3
    The White Tower is such a gorgeous vantage point ... I keep sending my sim up to the top to paint ... just can't get enough of the breathtaking views of this beautiful island!! :o:) x

Thought I'd share a couple of screenshots too:

cb2408c7-1747-44cd-a535-908f6d3a33d9.jpg

8dbcada7-eb29-4575-bf0b-863931a10864.jpg
  • krisnamkrisnam Posts: 20 Member
    Beautiful World. When I started a new game with it and created a sim she couldn't move in. I tried the blank legacy lot but it seems like the other lots with in her price range didn't work either. I even tried moving her in using Edit Town. Is there something I need to do that I am missing?

I have ran into this problem with a few other custom worlds. I am wondering if it is my game or the world since other people seem to be able to play it with out problems.
  • laratschannenlaratschannen Posts: 99 Member
    Your world looks awesome! I'll try it out later on...
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    @krisnam I had the same problem with a vacation world. I wanted a special CAS sims in the town. I edited the house I wanted in edit town, found there was no walkway thru the front door, went back into edit town and selected freerealestate cheat in order to move them in. It was the only world I have ever had a problem with. Not sure what the problem results from, since I never had the problem again with any other worlds. Also sometimes there are spawners on the lot, that you may have to edit out. Try different options, with cheats on.
    Hope you can figure it out, Caldey is worth the effort.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    @krisnam
    Sorry you're having problems with Caldey Isle.
    There are lots near the hidden island marker that you'll have trouble routing to until marker is disabled, but that shouldn't effect the empty starter lots :/
    Is it a problem with all lots, or specific ones. Tell me which lot(s) you're have problems with & I'll have a look.
    Have you tried the freerealestate cheat that Moinesse mentioned.
    There's not many spawners on lots, usually more trouble than their worth ;)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    @StellaToronto I tried the world again. It seems the problem is that the marker doesn't show up. After I figured this out I noticed that I could move in after all I just didn't see a marker indicating I could buy it. The lot I had the initial problem with was called "castle".
    edited January 2016
    @krisnam I've never actually visited the "castle" lot. Very happy you were able to buy it in the end.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    All the photos are amazing and immersing in the world is even better...thank you, Stella, I love this world of medieval and mysteries. xoxo
    Hi,

Again Beautiful World, trouble is when I go to the criminal lot I can get into the rabbit hole okay. But then I get stuck in the room in back of it--the one with the ladder.
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Very nice world ! A bit to medieval for me but it looks like it has great balance overall and spectacular attention to detail. Love looking at the pictures !
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    @StellaToronto I am still enjoying this world and have many stories going! I have a problem though. I am horrible at building and I really need something to put on the Castle lot. I was thinking of an old run down museum with broken pillars and an overgrown flower garden. Do you know of a house or something I could use? Its 55x30 and I have goggled houses but the size is a problem. I've tried several different houses, but nothing looks right!
    Appreciate any help. Again thanks for a beautiful world.
    @krisnam The Criminal rabbithole was a bit of an issue, but it only occurred randomly in testing.
    I have yet to figured a way around this issue. It might need more area open under the back section of RH footprint.
    Try with "moveobjects on" to open up area around backdoor of RH.
    The next time I go in game I'll have another go at finding a definitive solution.
    @deadhaus123 Thanks for the kind words. xo.
    @Moinesse The Castle lot is an unusual size, but if you can find a 30 x 30(40) Castle Keep as a base to work from that would be a great start.
    Then add a few out buildings i.e. stable/wash house/quarters for servants/gardens/fountains & the like.
    You don't need elevation, a moat, high outer walls or gatehouses, since these are already built into world location.
    I'll definitely look into building a castle lot for Caldey Isle, but it takes a while to build a lots of this type.
    It's one of the many lots on my To Do list ;)
    edited July 2016
    Caldey Isle has over 2000 downloads! Deathly quiet on feedback.......so I guess all's well. :)
    I've been on a Sims hiatus since February, spending my leisure time trying out new games.
    Dear Esther by The Chinese Room has become a new favorite.
    dear-esther.jpg
    wallpaper_005.jpg
    https://youtu.be/D7VJ4lP-05A
    The world's breath taking & fascinating to explore, unfortunately game mechanics limit where you can go & how you interact with world.
    It's definitely inspired me to get back to Simming & start my next roadless world.
    Post edited by StellaToronto on

@StellaToronto still playing Caldey Isle, and still loving it. The world plays very smooth with no problems. I have used it for a vacation world with other sims, still no problems. I did add a bit more modern things for the vacation world aspect of it. But the family's home base world stays the same. Wonderful world.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I'm playing the world currently for a renovation challenge and had an Ack! moment because I had forgotten about there not being schools along with a few other things like medical.

For the game I'm playing it's a bit more modern, so while the island has retained it's roots, I've built a school of sorts for them. For the hospital they can take a boat to the mainland, unless I drop the combo science & hospital building in. ;)

I borrowed 'what a view' mini house, and dropped it onto the empty lot on the farmland escarpment. From there I added a basement, the LL school, and some additional walls and stairs, so it blends in nicely.

roof_up_original.jpg
    l0wd_original.jpg
    l0wu_original.jpg

If anyone else wants a school for this great island.
    Caldey Public School - no cc
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9249671
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    Hi!
    I love this world, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

I do need to make a few changes to it first, and to be able to do this to my satisfaction, I would need the grass terrain, and the cobbled stone terrain.
    Do you have those terrain paints to add to the game?
    I saw the grass one in this thread, but after downloading it, I think it is for CAW and not for the terrain painting in-game.

I would be forever grateful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top