Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 General Discussion

2...Next

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Testing #2 done with Sims with 9 active points so the personality affects the skilling rate the same.

Had both learn Body at the same time and Mechanical at the same time (one of them kept using the longer pull book from shelf animation or it would have been cooking). Both learned the skills at the same rate as the other.

Then exited without saving and came back in and had one learn Physiology. Then had both learn Body and Mechanical. The one that learned Physiology learned Body much faster than the other. Both learned Mechanical at the same rate.

Had mods pulled and caches cleared so no mods affecting results.

So iegy's problem is not the Physiology skill gain glitch.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    iedy wrote: »
    @Seera1024 Ultimate Collection it is

It's not really patched with all patches. Some things about the combined packs it uses causes old bugs to reappear. MATY's has a fix for that.

I haven't noticed other skills being learned faster by the few Sims that I do have learn Physiology.

I've got the Ultimate Collection installed and I do not have the MATY hack that prevented that bug on my system. I rarely have Sims learn Physiology, so I never had a reason to download the fix.

But I ran an experiment to see if they did break it again.

I loaded up 2 Sims who both had learned no skills and were on the same lot. Had one learn Physiology. Had them both start skilling body at the same time to make sure it was working properly - the control. The Sim who learned Physiology was learning body faster.

Then had both start learning cooking at the same time. Both learning at the same pace.

Then just to make sure I didn't forget about having the MATY fix, I yanked my entire CC folder out. Deleted groups and accessory cache files to be sure all mod remnants removed. Repeated the test. It was hilarious seeing the outfits and hairs the game put my Sims in.

Same thing happened, the body was learned faster by only the Sim who learned Physiology and the cooking was learned at the same rate by both Sims.

So the UC did not undo the Physiology skill gain glitch.

Do you have any mods installed @iedy ?

If body skill was learned faster with all mods out of game etc. doesn't that mean yes, TS2UC doesn't have the patch for it? It would seem so. But as far as learning logic faster etc. I think more serious Sims or is it more playful Sims can learn faster than others? I know all my Sims can learn the logic skill pretty fast and always have. It's why I hate buying a chess table for every house if they need a few for a career etc. They are so attracted to it, all of them use it if I have one and all of them are just about maxed out most of the time, unless I get rid of it. Didn't FT influence how fast a Sim could learn somthing if that's part of their preferred hobby? Like games might influence logic? Or cooking enthusiam influence how fast they learn? I never liked FT so I rarely have my Sims do anything that helps build their redundant hobbies.

Physiology if working right only boosts the skill gain of the Body skill. Because you know more of how the body works. EA goofed initially and had it affect the skill gain rate of all skills and not just the Body skill.

I had forgotten about personality points affecting the Body skill gain, but in an unmodded game the skill gain boost from just one Sim being active and the other not should not cause the difference to look like this - the one on the left gained the 1st skill level as I cancelled the interaction, the one on the right still had a body skill of 0:

0812Ek8.jpg

None of them got the pop up that Fitness or the one that learning cooking raises was their preferred hobby so if that causes it it's not skewing things here.

And I can't find anything that says how much faster active Sims learn Body and how much slower lazy Sims learn body. I will note that in my testing my active Sim is the one who learned Physiology.

I'm headed to go get lunch and once I'm back with it, I'll repeat my test with 2 Sims who have the same Active/Lazy personality points.

I reread their post and it seems they are saying their Sims are learning body skill too fast with the sphere and pool. Not anything else? It would help if they would come back and answer if their Sim had learned the physiology skills first, then no testing would be necessary. We would know why, because TS2UC doesn't contain the fix for that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

It's not really patched with all patches. Some things about the combined packs it uses causes old bugs to reappear. MATY's has a fix for that.

I haven't noticed other skills being learned faster by the few Sims that I do have learn Physiology.

I've got the Ultimate Collection installed and I do not have the MATY hack that prevented that bug on my system. I rarely have Sims learn Physiology, so I never had a reason to download the fix.

I loaded up 2 Sims who both had learned no skills and were on the same lot. Had one learn Physiology. Had them both start skilling body at the same time to make sure it was working properly - the control. The Sim who learned Physiology was learning body faster.

Then had both start learning cooking at the same time. Both learning at the same pace.

Then just to make sure I didn't forget about having the MATY fix, I yanked my entire CC folder out. Deleted groups and accessory cache files to be sure all mod remnants removed. Repeated the test. It was hilarious seeing the outfits and hairs the game put my Sims in.

Same thing happened, the body was learned faster by only the Sim who learned Physiology and the cooking was learned at the same rate by both Sims.

If body skill was learned faster with all mods out of game etc. doesn't that mean yes, TS2UC doesn't have the patch for it? It would seem so. But as far as learning logic faster etc. I think more serious Sims or is it more playful Sims can learn faster than others? I know all my Sims can learn the logic skill pretty fast and always have. It's why I hate buying a chess table for every house if they need a few for a career etc. They are so attracted to it, all of them use it if I have one and all of them are just about maxed out most of the time, unless I get rid of it. Didn't FT influence how fast a Sim could learn somthing if that's part of their preferred hobby? Like games might influence logic? Or cooking enthusiam influence how fast they learn? I never liked FT so I rarely have my Sims do anything that helps build their redundant hobbies.

Physiology if working right only boosts the skill gain of the Body skill. Because you know more of how the body works. EA goofed initially and had it affect the skill gain rate of all skills and not just the Body skill.

I had forgotten about personality points affecting the Body skill gain, but in an unmodded game the skill gain boost from just one Sim being active and the other not should not cause the difference to look like this - the one on the left gained the 1st skill level as I cancelled the interaction, the one on the right still had a body skill of 0:

0812Ek8.jpg

None of them got the pop up that Fitness or the one that learning cooking raises was their preferred hobby so if that causes it it's not skewing things here.

And I can't find anything that says how much faster active Sims learn Body and how much slower lazy Sims learn body. I will note that in my testing my active Sim is the one who learned Physiology.

I'm headed to go get lunch and once I'm back with it, I'll repeat my test with 2 Sims who have the same Active/Lazy personality points.

I reread their post and it seems they are saying their Sims are learning body skill too fast with the sphere and pool. Not anything else? It would help if they would come back and answer if their Sim had learned the physiology skills first, then no testing would be necessary. We would know why, because TS2UC doesn't contain the fix for that.

I proved yesterday that the UC has the fix for it. If the fix was not in place, I would have had the skill rate increase with the cooking skill and mechanical skill. Physiology is supposed to raise the skill learning rate of body only. I pulled my mods during testing so there was no mod influence in the final results.

It would also be helpful if they let us know if they have any mods.
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Does anyone know if The Sims 2 has a cheat to reset a sim like The Sims 3 and The Sims 4?
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
    Tayra wrote: »
    Does anyone know if The Sims 2 has a cheat to reset a sim like The Sims 3 and The Sims 4?

@Tayra Not that I recall. Why do you ask?
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2018

You can reset a Sim in TS2 by opening the cheat window, type moveObjects on then go into buy mode, click on the Sim that needs reseting, click delete, then save, then exit the lot. Return back to the lot and your reset Sim will be standing by the mailbox reset and ready to go.
    I guess that works with other sims as well.
    @Seera1024 I was watching a Sims 2 Open for Business video on YouTube and one of their employees had passed out in their store and stayed their passed out for a few days and they could not interact with them at all. Somehow the game eventually fixed itself and they finally reset in the game.
    edited September 2018

0812Ek8.jpg

I proved yesterday that the UC has the fix for it. If the fix was not in place, I would have had the skill rate increase with the cooking skill and mechanical skill. Physiology is supposed to raise the skill learning rate of body only. I pulled my mods during testing so there was no mod influence in the final results.

I hate to dispute you, but the bug only involved the body skill. ETA: Which you proved yes, the body skill increased when you removed your mods etc. So, that means yes, TS2UC doesn't have the fix. It (the bug) never affected cooking or anything else. The person who asked the question the other day, said pool and sphere (not any other skill).

ETA: If they have a mod affecting other skills then no doubt it is the one over on MTS to increase skill building.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2018
    @Seera1024 I was watching a Sims 2 Open for Business video on YouTube and one of their employees had passed out in their store and stayed their passed out for a few days and they could not interact with them at all. Somehow the game eventually fixed itself and they finally reset in the game.

If the Sim was so tired they fell asleep, then no you can't interact with them. That's why you send them home early or close the store and send everyone home. Once their plumbbob turns yellow, there is no point in givng them a break. It never worked, they don't fill their needs so it's best to go ahead and send them home early. ETA: Once they pass out, they may not have been able to get up because of something blocking them. ETA: It's my opinion OFB was much better but many things changed (like not filling needs while on break) when they added the later EPs starting with BV, and especially FT.
    @Cinebar I'm pretty sure this was a glitch as the store only had objects against the wall and nothing else around them at the time. I can remember a while back, first time playing The Sims 2, two of my elder sims had an eternal sleep in their bed, at the time I didn't know about the cheat code and they just stayed there in bed never getting up. Yet when away from the household they were up and moving about as it the glitch never happened.

0812Ek8.jpg

I hate to dispute you, but the bug only involved the body skill. ETA: Which you proved yes, the body skill increased when you removed your mods etc. So, that means yes, TS2UC doesn't have the fix. It (the bug) never affected cooking or anything else. The person who asked the question the other day, said pool and sphere (not any other skill).

ETA: If they have a mod affecting other skills then no doubt it is the one over on MTS to increase skill building.

Misremembered which skills were affected, but per the Sims Wiki it wasn't UC that broke the AL patch but M&G that broke it. So even those on all discs but no mods would be affected. I do have a mod that fixes the AL glitches, so it probably has that in it.
    edited September 2018
    @Cinebar I'm pretty sure this was a glitch as the store only had objects against the wall and nothing else around them at the time. I can remember a while back, first time playing The Sims 2, two of my elder sims had an eternal sleep in their bed, at the time I didn't know about the cheat code and they just stayed there in bed never getting up. Yet when away from the household they were up and moving about as it the glitch never happened.

That bug was exclusive to one of the store combo (digital download) packs. People who had the individual cds and all the patches never got that bug. I can't remember if it was the deluxe and or Fun with Pets but the think it was one of the other combo packs. Sims couldn't get out of bed. ETA: I think I remember that is a Double Deluxe bug when purchased thru the EA Downloader back in the day. (Which is also in TS2UC but may have been fixed by a later EP it uses).
    edited September 2018

0812Ek8.jpg

Misremembered which skills were affected, but per the Sims Wiki it wasn't UC that broke the AL patch but M&G that broke it. So even those on all discs but no mods would be affected. I do have a mod that fixes the AL glitches, so it probably has that in it.

Wiki Is written by fans, it's not always right. (anyone can edit it). The TS2UC uses combo packs and they contain problems others with the actual cds and installed in the correct order and then each patch applied after each EP may not see these bugs. Because the store packs and combo packs are a mess.

ETA: The reason I may know some things about bugs in TS2 is because on the old BBC I spent all my time in technical helping with bugs, so I remember quite a lot.
    @Cinebar I had discs of the double deluxe, Fun with Pets, Best of Business packs. If that was the case, then it makes very perfect sense.

0812Ek8.jpg

Wiki Is written by fans, it's not always right. (anyone can edit it). The TS2UC uses combo packs and they contain problems others with the actual cds and installed in the correct order and then each patch applied after each EP may not see these bugs. Because the store packs and combo packs are a mess.

ETA: The reason I may know some things about bugs in TS2 is because on the old BBC I spent all my time in technical helping with bugs, so I remember quite a lot.

I'll test to see if it is unique to the combo packs. Wiki needs to have the correct information and if it's a combo pack that causes it, it should be noted. I have no combo packs with my discs.

0812Ek8.jpg

I'll test to see if it is unique to the combo packs. Wiki needs to have the correct information and if it's a combo pack that causes it, it should be noted. I have no combo packs with my discs.

Finished testing that Wiki is wrong (I figure the Wiki is probably right on most things just hard to verify exactly when a certain feature broke, especially with the loss of the BBC). Do you know which combo pack is to blame for this glitch? Fun With Pets? @Cinebar
    @Cinebar I had discs of the double deluxe, Fun with Pets, Best of Business packs. If that was the case, then it makes very perfect sense.

Glad to know my memory isn't that rusty. :D
    edited September 2018

0812Ek8.jpg

Finished testing that Wiki is wrong (I figure the Wiki is probably right on most things just hard to verify exactly when a certain feature broke, especially with the loss of the BBC). Do you know which combo pack is to blame for this glitch? Fun With Pets? @Cinebar

I went back, too trying to solve where this body skill fast skilling came from and none of the patch notes of any cd or DLC states they fixed it. That's really odd, because I know I saw it in patch notes once upon a time. But none of the patch notes for DLC or CDs say they fixed this bug. :o I really am shocked, and I can't look at all my patch notes I kept on an old HDD, because some of the patch notes I saw on internet and at MTS doesn't say this was ever patched, but I know it was. lol

You may be right M&G broke AL but even the Maxis patch notes don't say they even fixed this in AL before we got M&G which IIRC it was a bug in AL not just M&G.

ETA: Here is mod to fix this, but it conflicts with other mods. The Combo pack would be Fun With Pets since it contains M&G.
    And they say yes, AL was patched to fix (Bug in AL) this but I couldn't find the bug even listed in the AL patch notes, lol

http://modthesims.info/d/538689
    Post edited by Cinebar on

0812Ek8.jpg

I went back, too trying to solve where this body skill fast skilling came from and none of the patch notes of any cd or DLC states they fixed it. That's really odd, because I know I saw it in patch notes once upon a time. But none of the patch notes for DLC or CDs say they fixed this bug. :o I really am shocked, and I can't look at all my patch notes I kept on an old HDD, because some of the patch notes I saw on internet and at MTS doesn't say this was ever patched, but I know it was. lol

You may be right M&G broke AL but even the Maxis patch notes don't say they even fixed this in AL before we got M&G which IIRC it was a bug in AL not just M&G.

ETA: Here is mod to fix this, but it conflicts with other mods. The Combo pack would be Fun With Pets since it contains M&G.
    And they say yes, AL was patched to fix (Bug in AL) this but I couldn't find the bug even listed in the AL patch notes, lol

And challenge rules mention no studying physiology unless patched so the patch obviously fixed it.

Pescado's alfixes mod also contains the physiology fix. It also contains fixes for other things the patch may not have fixed. And I'll modify the Wiki when I get home since it should say the correct info.

0812Ek8.jpg

And challenge rules mention no studying physiology unless patched so the patch obviously fixed it.

Pescado's alfixes mod also contains the physiology fix. It also contains fixes for other things the patch may not have fixed. And I'll modify the Wiki when I get home since it should say the correct info.

Pescado's mod isn't actually needed anymoe since most in that mod was fixed by Maxis, but again, it's sort of redundant to have his alfixes in the game if you have all the EPs and patches. But I guess that works for TS2UC.