Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

really strange issue with store bought stuff

I was trying to find out today how many individual simpaks are associated with Brunch at the Old Mill from the store as I had a problem with Old Miller Tea Time Tea Set which is a part of Brunch at the old mill being corrupt so had to reinstall however I deleted Brunch at the old mill simpak from installed content by mistake when trying to sort this out but when I type in brunch at the old mill in my saved simpaks backed up from the store I cannot find it by that name I have also searched via Grandma's Canning Station and Old Mill Water Wheel but still no simpaks appear to be named as that? old miller tea set simpak comes up but thats all..

I then tried going into my purchase history with the EA store and found where I used to have 129 pages of paid content to try find it I only have 98 to redownload so scrolling through my purchase history it is not there but when I search for it on the EA store it informs me I own this set but when I try to download this set on a clean sims 3 folder nothing happens..???

I am completely confused as I cannot understand where 20 odd pages of EA store items of paid content have gone missing but when searching the store it tells me I own the content but it will not download to a clean 3 folder..

I truly hope I am making sense and wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all? and if any player can tell me what the simpaks are called relating to brunch at the old mill so I can search my backup simpaks to see what they are actually called so I can check I have them I would be very grateful..

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    It happened to me, too. But with the pet store... I'm sorry I can't help you more, but I started up a fresh save and it resolved the problem.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks @jillbg

Thanks for responding..

it's driving me nuts I will try your suggestion and hope it makes a difference :)
    Hi @jillbg

Nope nothing working re downloading from the store purchase history whatsoever and they have lost 20 pages of store content I have already bought so I panicked obviously but then remembered I had backed the full store simpaks up at some point on an external hard drive and went looking for that and found them all copied them into a new sims 3 folder/downloads folder and the files look weird as in pic below?? but they installed fine through the launcher into my game but I still don't like the fact I cannot download from purchase history or my content has been lost-)

Then I tried downloading player made lots from the exchange and the files look odd again..but still install fine??

HlQbVjO.jpg

I thought this happened after a Google update however I realised Origin had updated as well so it could be either or both but I have never seen anything like it for sure :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2018
    This happened with me as well.I'm missing half my stuff.Though my player created items is okay.
    @Springfairy556

so did you ever resolve it? I have still not managed to sort out being able to download from my purchase history at the store but I did find all my backup store simpaks so thankfully I still have everything but if I did not have those backups I am not sure how I could have proved I own everything especially as we had to use simpoints to buy those purchases over the years so I have no records of which simpoint purchase bought what store items..

It wasn't until I was trying to download your own lots from your studio that I saw what I thought were package files instead of simpaks (of course without realizing it did not state .package at the end-) It took me ages to think of trying to install these files through the launcher because I thought they had changed format somehow but it did work they installed okay and turn up in the game so I am grateful at least I can still download and use player made content until I figure out what i can do about the store..
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I don't know if you still need this, but you can find the info in Crinrict's S3S browser. Very handy to identify your stuff. There are 28 individual items:

MillSet.Sims3Pack
    lightingCeilingJarsMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureChimneyMantleMill2x1.Sims3Pack
    sculptureChimneyBodyMill2x1.Sims3Pack
    sculptureChimneyTopMill2x1.Sims3Pack
    sculptureFloorPlantCornStalk.Sims3Pack
    canningStationMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureBoxOfJarsMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureButterChurnMILL.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWheeledCartMill.Sims3Pack
    fireplaceMill2x1.Sims3Pack
    lightingCeilingStringMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMillleft.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMillmiddle.Sims3Pack
    wheelMillMill.Sims3Pack
    TeaSetTableMILL.Sims3Pack
    sculptureFloorStoneStackMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMillright.Sims3Pack
    staircaseStoneStackMillFenceSuite.Sims3Pack
    fenceStoneGateMill.Sims3Pack
    fenceStoneMill.Sims3Pack
    StairsLShapedMILL.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWellDriedUpMill.Sims3Pack
    staircaseStoneStackMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallGardenClutterMill.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMilltopLeft.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMilltopRight.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMilltop.Sims3Pack
    sculptureWallThickIvyMillwindow.Sims3Pack
    Glad it installed! :) I've noticed that when I try to use the stuff I've downloaded to my PC on my laptop, it doesn't work. So each time I've bought a new computer, I've had to download the items from the store all over again. I own the store, so it takes long...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    This will not solve the missing iterms on your purchase history page but it may explain some of the problems you have been having with the download.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935445/patch-install-status-as-of-dec-2017-store-patch-download-removed#latest

If you don't have the necessary file to bring your launcher up to date then if you ask in the tech section I am sure they can find you a copy somehow.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @1need4kaffee

Thank you so much for those details, much appreciated I had some sort of corrupt save with an object from the Brunch at the old mill set which ended up being the tea set table and have had a heck of a time trying to find them in my saved simpak folder to uninstall and reinstall them because of the difference in the advertised name in the store and the actual name of the simpak :)

@jillbg

I feel your pain 3 upgrades over the years I had to do that and then I have added another new hard drive to my current build to specifically play 3 on disc and had to do it all over again for that as well-)

Thank you @Bettyboop55 for the link I will be taking a look at that because something has defo gone wonky lol
    My computer crashed just before the holidays and I'll have to go through it again... But as long as we have access to the store, it's all right. :#
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited September 2018
    @SPARKY1922

Which lots of mine did you try? I know my older ones from way back when may have contained CC and lot of my sims for sure have 3rd party content, that may be why they should up as .package instead of .sims files.If you link me to one I can check and see.
    Hi @Springfairy556

I downloaded these to use in IP

Fire island Ferry Houseboat

Fletcher 3 bed residential

Historic mainstreet fire Island

Romance in the park (I might have renamed this for the save-)

So are these okay do you think?
    Fire Island Ferry- Is good.No CC
    Fletcher 3 Bed - Fletcher is good.No CC
    Historic Mainstreet- is good no CC.
    Romance in the park- This one I realized that I had used a modded version of the bistro set(downloaded from nraas) so this one might be why it is showing up as .package.I totally meant to remove those and use the basic store version.So I'm glad you mentioned this.Will be uploading a new version after work.
    @Springfairy556

No worries thanks for letting me know I haven't been into my ip game yet to add them as I have not had the time..The ferry and fire island lot is adorable and perfect for that world I am really looking forward to using them, Island paradise is one of my most favorite EA worlds.

I placed your romance park in a test world because as I missed that promotion for the skydive lot at the store I was hoping it would download with your lot but of course it didn't then i thought well maybe I can add the ITF overhead one but I am not sure yet but I really like the lot for the purpose of using the balloon and the jetpack as I like sending sims to community lots like this for those sorts of activities but there are not many lots I have come across on my searches that have been specifically for that purpose so i will find a way to use it come heck or high water.. :)

I will redownload your new version of the romance park when you let me know that's done :)

Sorry for the long rambling reply :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Glad you like it! =) If you ever want some more various activity type parks, let me know I'd be glad to whip some up.I too like a variety of activities
    edited September 2018
    @Springfairy556

LOL never offer me something like lots I am a terror for taking up such offers because I cannot build for toffee but really love looking at and using what other really creative players put together and think maybe in the next life I might have some sort of skill like that :)

seriously though I adore the jetpacks from ITF and the couples romantic jetpack dancing and whenever i take my sim families over into ITF from their home worlds I cannot help spend a lot of my time sending them to that jetpack cafe where they can jetpack in that sort of semi inside structure because it is high enough..

I usually play in cities or IP one of my favorites and right now am kitting out Rflong7's supernatural world and honestly apart from the city where the ITF structure can be added to a lot and semi looks okay for a community jetpack lot but it just does not look right in other worlds so i am constantly searching for a lot where there is some sort of outdoor jetpack structure but have yet to find one.. I think the most left out activities in my games are the gondola, the balloon and jetpacks because I prefer them to go somewhere they can all meet up to do do balloon/jetpack activities so if you have any further ideas on that would love to hear them :)

I don't know if you are still looking for banks but I have only 2 saved they might not be your cup of tea but thought they may be of some use..

Sims national bank 30x30 little CC

GaAlLkf.jpg

http://modthesims.info/d/540886

and Harry Potter-Gringotts Wizarding Bank if you are playing in that style of world 30x30

mCkgJ7h.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9076797
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    I actually have the sims national bank lol I love the gringotta bank and will save that if I decide to do that gameplay lol
    I never did fix it though.And I just noticed half the items I owned are asking me to purchase them again.So something is up with the store.
    @Springfairy556

Oh wow so it's not just me with purchase history missing then there are going to be a lot of very upset players if this has happened to a lot of us especially if it's not put right..
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I just checked and there are things i own in the store showing the green buy now button. I then looked at my purchase history and the one item i checked is in my purchase history with the download button. I suspect something has got scrambled behind the scenes. Hopefully it is fixable.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I just checked mine and it looks like everything is there. But I don't have nearly as much store content as a lot of other players do, so that may be why I'm not being affected. Or I might be missing a few things, but not recognizing their absence. But I keep all my downloaded content saved and sorted into folders by type of item, not only on my computer, but also on a removable hard drive I store in a media safe. So even if the store loses them or gets shut down, and I lose my computer itself, I'll still have them.