Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play one family almost exclusively or skip around a lot?

124...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2018
    Skip around a lot
    I currently have three games going. I have my legacy family that I've been playing for a couple years but I'm only in generation 5 because I do skip between games. I started another legacy family inspired by my own family, which I probably won't play a whole lot till a university and magic pack comes out because those themes I want to integrate into that story. And last is my all time fav family The Pleasant. I've started and stopped and started them over several times. This round I'm actually taking it back to the beginning when Daniel is a teen who's dateung two girls at once and Jennifer a child working on her scout badges. Jeff is trying to become an astronaut and Diane is a stay at home mom trying to max the parenting skill.

On a side note I have another game going which is strictly for build purposes.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    One family almost exclusively
    This is one of the closest poles I've seen, it's almost 50/50!

I know! I was very surprised. I was really expecting skipping around to win by a lot.
  • fh4simsfh4sims Posts: 16 Member
    I stick with one family first and then have a bit rotational play when the family got extended. For instance, the parents have 3 children and each of them decides to move out to different households. I might play with some of the households. It's a matter of favoritism xD. Basically they're from the same family.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Skip around a lot
    rotational player here
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Because I do legacy’s I skip around a lot to make sure everyone ages appropriately. However sometimes I get so involved with a family that I lose track haha
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Does anyone else always want to play a certain Sim and no one else?
    My sim's name is Jarrod. He's a vampire. He's an aspiring musician who doesn't work. His favorite instruments are the piano and the guitar. He also loves to sing and has an incredible voice. He lives in a huge house with is very rich parents, his teenage brother, his kid sister, his wife Yuki, and their newborn daughter Donna. I love this family, especially Jerrod, and I never want to play anyone else.
    I started a new game and play it for 20 minutes before going back to Jerrod's family. I play on Long lifespan and take each day slowly so that his human family won't die as fast. His parents are almost elders and I'm already dreading their death.
    It just seems weird to me that someone can become so invested in a fictional world, but I love creating a story and I never want this one to end.
    Is anyone else like me and almost exclusively plays one game and one family? Or do you prefer to skip around a lot and play a bunch of different stories?

It depends on how many generations I have in one save. So far, I now only have two. The family in my avi is my current save and all four grandparents have passed from old age.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Skip around a lot
    This is tough because it really depends on the save but for the most part I do skip around. It's so much easier to do in TS4 compared to TS3 and I always find myself needing to manage some of the "supporting characters" I place around my main sim/family. I also tend to play big families so I like to check in on extended family members from time to time.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    [quote="MaiaPlaysSims;d-947442"]Does anyone else always want to play a certain Sim and no one else?
    My sim's name is Jarrod. He's a vampire. He's an aspiring musician who doesn't work. His favorite instruments are the piano and the guitar. He also loves to sing and has an incredible voice. He lives in a huge house with is very rich parents, his teenage brother, his kid sister, his wife Yuki, and their newborn daughter Donna. I love this family, especially Jerrod, and I never want to play anyone else.
    I started a new game and play it for 20 minutes before going back to Jerrod's family. I play on Long lifespan and take each day slowly so that his human family won't die as fast. His parents are almost elders and I'm already dreading their death.
    It just seems weird to me that someone can become so invested in a fictional world, but I love creating a story and I never want this one to end.
    Is anyone else like me and almost exclusively plays one game and one family? Or do you prefer to skip around a lot and play a bunch of different stories?[/quote]

Wow. It is exactly 50/50. I play one family and then moving them to all my new builds I do so they move around a lot but I stick with the same group.
  • MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    I technically play “ one family” well it’s all the descendants of my main family now that there kids had kids lol. I was playing each of their little families. Making a few drama storylines :) I now have the aunt Heidi Caliente( Dina Caliente & Mortimer goths daughter) raising her daughter and her neice Cheryl (Sophia Bergensen and Alexander Goths daughter) and the neices half sister(Sophia’s with Cash Pizzazz penny & my main sims son) As she was friends with the Sophia & was dating Cash’s brother Noel and had his baby. Noël made pufferfish nigiri killing him and Heidi but Sophia pleaded for Heidi and grim accepted then cash ate it and him and Noël died. Sophia later died trying to fix the broken stereo. I have a little stairway in the house with urns now lol.
  • A_Simmer123A_Simmer123 Posts: 57 Member
    So, I have posted on this page before but I decided to give it an update:
    At the moment I have one main family and a few other save files that are challenges or just random households. I play the challenges and random households when im bored of playing with my main family.
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have two saves. I have a Legacy save, in which I play one family exclusively. The other save, I call "Fun World." I switch around with different Sims randomly depending on which Sim or Sims I want to play.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited November 2018
    One save, one family since the start.
    not "almost exclusively" but just "exclusively".
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2018
    Skip around a lot
    Skip around. A lot. I just can't do the generational family thing. Not ever in the sims have I played that way.

I play like it's sims city up front and in person and build my community with my sims and my worlds and my connections. So I am always moving things around and adapting to new additions to the game.

One save with many households. I've refreshed the save since 2014, but I have sims still in the save from the beginning and always adding new.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Whoa. I answered this poll two months ago and now I'm up to SIX generations! My avi is my simself.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve been playing the same family since January. It actually started as an experiment, but I got too attached.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I play one sim/family for about a week or two (human time) and then get bored and move on. I stay on the same save file usually so I get to see them in the world with my new sims but I don't really feel inclined to go back and keep playing with them. I guess I stay for a certain goal (see family age up a few times, complete career, new skills, etc.) and then dip