Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Drama!

I dunno maybe this is just me but part of the reason why I LOVED the Sims 2 was because it was so soapy and dramatic.

I wish the Sims 4 could elevate this sense of soapiness and drama!

- Mothers should be able to interfere in their offsprings love lives i.e “Encourage to Get To Know or Ask so and so on a date.”
- Full on waterworks when child sims spot their parents cheating
- The option to kick a cheating sim out of the house (Maybe add an animation of a cheating sim packing a suitcase)
- After convincing a sim to leave their spouse maybe the sim who has been dumped can despise your sim (this used to happen in the Sims 3)
- Child/Teen sims being rude to their homewrecking step parent
- Spliting custody of children between divorced or separated Sims
- Gossiping meaning ACTUAL gossiping and having actual effects on relationships
- The option to “Warn Sim about...” “Advise Sim Not To Date...”

I dunno, I’m big on family play and drama so this kind of stuff is right up my alley.

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »
    I dunno maybe this is just me but part of the reason why I LOVED the Sims 2 was because it was so soapy and dramatic.

- Mothers should be able to interfere in their offsprings love lives i.e “Encourage to Get To Know or Ask so and so on a date.”
    - The option to kick a cheating sim out of the house (Maybe add an animation of a cheating sim packing a suitcase)
    - After convincing a sim to leave their spouse maybe the sim who has been dumped can despise your sim (this used to happen in the Sims 3)

I dunno, I’m big on family play and drama so this kind of stuff is right up my alley.

Yes, I love the drama it is what keeps me occupied
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    YES!!

I miss ts2 drama. You could create a real dramatic soap opera with your sims in that version.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I am supportive of just about anything that adds drama to the game.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2018
    Isn't the first interaction in Get Together? Or something like that at least. I think you can ask other sims to flirt with or get to know other sims and i don't think that's disabled in a parent-child relationship, unless the kid is too young to date.

Also, splitting up kids after a separation or having kids be rude to a step parent aren't specific features in the game, but it's easy to do on your own. Just make some of the kids move out with one parent and the rest of them stay in manage households. And while they won't be rude to step parents autonomously, you could easily just make them do mean interactions on them.
  • Options
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    you could easily just make them do mean interactions on them.
    Pointless, because being mean has no lasting effects in TS4.
    In TS2 sims would hold a grudge. Get their relationship into the red, and all autonomous actions between them would be mean.

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It reminds me of a flaming bag of poo from TS2... (those were the days... :D)

I do a lot of mean interaction for my Sims in TS4 because of her aspiration (Public Enemy), without any constant mean interaction, they're ended up having a neutral interaction...

Yep, more drama for the Sims are awesome! At least getting a prank call instead of giving a prank call..(or, did I miss something?) The only drama that I encountered so far, are when having toddler, children & teen... with their weird phases, messes, etc... but, there's less drama for YA/Adult...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HerenyaHerenya Posts: 18 Member
    This sounds awesome.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »

I miss this! Should most def put this in TS4.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, please! I love a bit of drama in my game and I miss it as well from TS2.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I resounding Yes!!
    That's one thing that TS2 seemed to get right better than any other sims game and I would love to see that type of gameplay in TS4 as well. :)
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    In TS2 sims would hold a grudge. Get their relationship into the red, and all autonomous actions between them would be mean.

If you have Parenthood, mean interactions within the family will have a long-term effect on the Sims' relationship label in the relationship panel. I haven't tried this with step-parents who have adopted a Sim as a dependant though.

I like all the ideas in the OP! I've always wanted Sims to be nosier, so I like the idea of options to interfere more in others' lives. I think the Aspiration for having a successful lineage is great for storytelling but could have a lot more gameplay and side effects in game than it does. It would be fun if a Sim with that Aspiration could get upset if their child went against their recommendations of a good match. You can do this on your own, but I'd love it if the game had more interactions like that built into it to make decisions within the family have repurcussions.
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

If you have Parenthood, mean interactions within the family will have a long-term effect on the Sims' relationship label in the relationship panel. I haven't tried this with step-parents who have adopted a Sim as a dependant though.
    I don't have parenthood, and I want mean interactions that last between non-related sims.
    How is your sim supposed to remain in a grudgy, hate-filled relationship with their rival from school? I don't want them to automatically have nice interactions with each other.

• Options
    Sarcastic_LynxSarcastic_Lynx Posts: 46 Member
    I am all for parents getting in the way or super nosy neighbors and such!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I miss the drama in Pleasantview in Sims 2 it was like a Soap opera when you first played with Premade families same thing with Sims 3 they had an interesting back story if you wished to play off of. Sims 4 it has a back story but its not drama filled and entertaining like sims 2 or 3. I also miss burglars robbing your house that was drama the repoman coming to take your stuff, firefighters coming to put out fire police coming to warn you that your party is to loud at night and you get fined when they come back. Teens sneaking with the option of getting caught.
    Sims should have a moodlet of going to jail especially if they commit a crime like for instance with Kleptomaniac when they get caught they should have a Sim call the police on them. Also since we have the police station if we arrest a Sim we know and play their household they should have the moodlet like being in jail or something.