Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want a beach and winter resort.

amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Now that we have seasons, there is something we definitely should have: a beach and winter resort. Here's how I see it.

1) The two would be included as separate vacation spots.

2) Both would have specific activities available to sims: sunbathing, surfing, paddle boarding, diving, sailing, beach volley, island dancing, sand castle building, frisbee for the beach resort. Skiing, hiking, snowboarding, ice skating, bobsled, luge for winter resort.

3) Both will have a shopping area to buy clothes and equipment specific to the location (Skis, swimsuits, scuba tanks, surf boards etc)

4) New skills available: Surf, Skiing, Snowboarding. Surf should be divided in 5 levels, each new level unlocking a new board and a new move. Skiing and snowboarding should be also divided in 5 levels but this time it would unlock new tracks with a specific difficulty and better equipment. Of course higher is your skill better is your style.

5) New events: island dancing welcoming show, surf and volley ball competition, sand castle tournament and springbreak for beach resort. Ski race, Christmas Fair and Winter Olympic games for winter resort.

6) New service to hire teacher to learn how to surf, ski and snowboarding.

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas. Everything is welcome. :)
11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
Post edited by amyedwards1986 on

Comments

• Options
    cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd buy it for sure! I especially like the beach, it would be nice for our Sims to be able to have a day at the beach...swimming, playing with a beachball, volleyball, picnics, etc.
  • Options
    cocoarsoncocoarson Posts: 4 New Member
    Totally awesome!
    - I see you suggested a volleyball competition, so I think it would only make sense to make volleyball a skill... and add maybe more depth to it if it's team volleyball? Like what if your performance also relied on your relationship with your team members?
    - Also, maybe take this as an opportunity for more instruments. Ukulele, maybe even accordion ( I know, a little crazy, but still) for the winter resort theme? I think the Sims truly lack different musical skills, so this could be a great opportunity.
    - I think new traits would also make sense with this pack. For example, someone that "likes thrill" could be more inclined to do surf, ski and snowboarding. Maybe even a "scaredy-cat", who would tense up when near those things?
    - Options like tubing, boogie boarding or swimming in the ocean

Feel free to give feedback, I would love it!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want both a beach pack and an Alpine pack but I don't see them being in the same pack and being as awesome as I want both to be. If the jungle pack had been combined with another vacation location, it would turn out like OR.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    + 1, me too!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would like an English style beach and an Australian alpine region as locations for a resort themed pack.

Surfing should be added as a freebee. B)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Now that we have seasons, there is something we definitely should have: a beach and winter resort. Here's how I see it.

1) The two would be included as separate vacation spots.

2) Both would have specific activities available to sims: sunbathing, surfing, paddle boarding, diving, sailing, beach volley, island dancing, sand castle building, frisbee for the beach resort. Skiing, hiking, snowboarding, ice skating, bobsled, luge for winter resort.

3) Both will have a shopping area to buy clothes and equipment specific to the location (Skis, swimsuits, scuba tanks, surf boards etc)

4) New skills available: Surf, Skiing, Snowboarding. Surf should be divided in 5 levels, each new level unlocking a new board and a new move. Skiing and snowboarding should be also divided in 5 levels but this time it would unlock new tracks with a specific difficulty and better equipment. Of course higher is your skill better is your style.

5) New events: island dancing welcoming show, surf and volley ball competition, sand castle tournament and springbreak for beach resort. Ski race, Christmas Fair and Winter Olympic games for winter resort.

6) New service to hire teacher to learn how to surf, ski and snowboarding.

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas. Everything is welcome. :)

I concur plus swimming in the ocean is a must and more pool items.
  • Options
    techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    Dayum, this would be so cool! I am in +