Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Waterfront + Update

2...Next

Comments

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Strongly request EA to add cupcakes as part of the Ilama zoom rewards. I miss how we get at least one cupcake everyday. Now the cupcakes are so random. I haven't gotten one 2 days in a row.

We could get at least a cupcake a day, but we have to complete all tasks from Llamazoom to complete the quest: "Llama-O-Rama", which gives us 20 XP and 1 cupcake. But I agree it's hard to get cupcakes since the llamazoom basically arrives 2x a day or something like that and I might not have completed the previous llamazoom tasks on time, due to having things to do in my personal life and not being able to play. I was at 0 cupcakes all week, but since I didn't have class today, I was able to get a cupcake.
    Hello, I’m doing the LlamaZoom tasks to completion but i’m not getting the tokens at the end of it. Any help?

Sorry, I'm not sure. The button should show up that says to collect rewards.
    Double check to make sure you're doing the right task or that it doesn't say to do multiple shifts/hangouts.
    If not, force-close the app, make sure its fully updated, and see if it works when you open it again.
    If it continues, I would send a report to EA.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Minihoney98Minihoney98 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="ayyitsmell;c-16706040"]

We could get at least a cupcake a day, but we have to complete all tasks from Llamazoom to complete the quest: "Llama-O-Rama", which gives us 20 XP and 1 cupcake. But I agree it's hard to get cupcakes since the llamazoom basically arrives 2x a day or something like that and I might not have completed the previous llamazoom tasks on time, due to having things to do in my personal life and not being able to play. I was at 0 cupcakes all week, but since I didn't have class today, I was able to get a cupcake.[/quote]

The "Llama-O-Rama" quest doesn't last forever. Mine are gone after finishing the qhes multiple times. After that, zero cupcakes. It sucks.
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    I'm just wondering why I can't access the rocket science career after completing the quest? I have the rocket heirloom to prove it, but cannot access the rocket science career in the science centre. Is it because my other sim is level 10 in the marine biology career? I switched her to a different one. Still no luck. Pointless quest and a huge waste of time like this for a rocket statues that's not even that interesting... Not shiny like the wall fish... Ridiculous... I'm so lost here. Anyone else with this problem??
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

We could get at least a cupcake a day, but we have to complete all tasks from Llamazoom to complete the quest: "Llama-O-Rama", which gives us 20 XP and 1 cupcake. But I agree it's hard to get cupcakes since the llamazoom basically arrives 2x a day or something like that and I might not have completed the previous llamazoom tasks on time, due to having things to do in my personal life and not being able to play. I was at 0 cupcakes all week, but since I didn't have class today, I was able to get a cupcake.

The "Llama-O-Rama" quest doesn't last forever. Mine are gone after finishing the qhes multiple times. After that, zero cupcakes. It plum.

I don't know. Wish I could help. I get that quest every time I complete the llamazoom, but it uses a different name each time. Try reporting it to EA if the problem continues?
    Poumbi wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why I can't access the rocket science career after completing the quest? I have the rocket heirloom to prove it, but cannot access the rocket science career in the science centre. Is it because my other sim is level 10 in the marine biology career? I switched her to a different one. Still no luck. Pointless quest and a huge waste of time like this for a rocket statues that's not even that interesting... Not shiny like the wall fish... Ridiculous... I'm so lost here. Anyone else with this problem??

Hello! You have to go to the build/buy mode in the science career lot and you'll see the career objects. You have to buy the giant telescope and then you'll be able to start the new career.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Strongly request EA to add cupcakes as part of the Ilama zoom rewards. I miss how we get at least one cupcake everyday. Now the cupcakes are so random. I haven't gotten one 2 days in a row.

I was getting cupcakes after finalizing the actions of the lhamazom, but they withdrew the mission after updating the astronaut career! Boring it
    EA give me back it now!

I liked how lhamazom was implemented but you also feel tired doing lhamazoom activities? It was exhausting sometimes.
    The real thing is that the game is stuck in an eternal looping of completing missions and completing collections. An eternal race against time.

I love the humor of the game but there seems to be no balance between the events we play relentlessly and the moments when we are out of events and there you have absolutely nothing to do besides sending the sim work to unlock objects.

There is no incentive to change the clothes of the sims daily. There is not even incentive to meet long events in the city (by the way, they do not even show up anymore, you need to go to a neighborhood and see if it's happening).

A good solution to find out where the events are happening would be an option to watch on TV or on the sims computer / cell where events are happening.

One way to encourage you to change the clothes of the sims would be to give cupcakes when you change clothes everyday for 3 days.

A good way to encourage Sims to go to parties would be an option if you have a friend in common with the host, you get a message of "He's inviting us to the party at his house". as in the sims 4. or the host send a message like "I need to introduce you to someone special. Come on!"

And one way to make the game more dynamic would be to include short stories randomly in the game as a disease after ingesting water at the waterfront or a fashion show taking place in the fashion studio. Smaller stories that would happen in 2 or 3 parts like a surprise choices but without lost simcashs or cupcakes. I love the reacts for surprise choices but more dynamic please!
  • floraboraamorfloraboraamor Posts: 9 New Member
    I miss the daily quests because you were guarenteed a cupcake. now its challanging to get one. i have an excess amount of cake slices but i never have a use for them. i wish it was interchangeable. also im not happy with the increase of cost for items, land, clothing etc. now there are much more dollar items. the llama quests are ok, not enough prizes worth doing them. i like the new careees.
  • SheenOmalleySheenOmalley Posts: 10 New Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE! :smiley:
    >
    > So.. What do you guys think so far??
    > I like it :blush:
    >
    > Pros
    >
    > I like...
    > * the aesthetic and new careers in the Waterfront District!
    > * that the Waterfront District was free! (but you still have to unlock the buildings)
    > * the new UI of the game. I think it seems a bit more organized and easier to navigate than the previous one
    > * that they are rewarding more sim cash for quests :smile:
    > * that the storage is slightly more organized (however I still think that it should be separated in categories)
    > * Llamazoom is cute and has simple and easy tasks that don't take 10 hours to do
    >
    >
    > Cons:
    > * I am not sure how I feel about them removing the daily task + tickets. The daily task was useful for collecting fashion gems.
    > * LLamaZoom is cute but I feel like there are not as many rewards as the daily task had
    > * I dislike that they increased prices of land expansions and certain furniture and CAS styles, like how the plum Pizazz Chair was tickets only, and now it costs 8,990 coins + 5 llama tickets. (Should've used the tickets while I had the chance)
    > * I wish that the tickets we had before could've been converted to sim coins or sim cash, since we had a bunch of them from all the events we did.
    > * I wish that the cars and the new careers that were added or are coming soon to Sims Mobile could be added to Sims 4 PC (Wellness Guru, Science, Space Explorer, Marine Biologist, Dance Instructor) *nervous laugh*
    > * Still no pools or beach :#
    >
    >
    > Glitches?:
    > * There is a yellow arrow pointing to the empty corner of the screen, from the previous event
    > * Eyebrows were removed from sim after update?
    > * The same sim player icons were showing up twice in different slots (but I think it got resolved once it updated)
    >
    >
    > Write back any feedback (good and/or constructive) you may have about the new update or fun things you have noticed below :smile:
    >
    >
    > Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements about the overall game, head over to my other post to voice your concerns or share your awesome suggestions!
  • SheenOmalleySheenOmalley Posts: 10 New Member
    First-THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! The Waterfront is AWESOME! New Careers! Now, if new hobbies (Space Science a Telescope or Globe for the Family Heirloom or Trait would be cool) maybe a "Fancy" Seafood Restaurant on the pier? But I do give the current Waterfront A+!
    Llama Tasks are ok. They are quicker to complete in that no "Events", or purchase of furniture is now required. However, I've noticed since the Waterfront has been open the Simoleons are not building up as they have. I've purchased things for the Lab & Massage/Rocket careers. But not so much to leave my coins around $2k. I usually have between 50-100k+ saved up.
    I liked how lhamazom was implemented but you also feel tired doing lhamazoom activities? It was exhausting sometimes.
    The real thing is that the game is stuck in an eternal looping of completing missions and completing collections. An eternal race against time.

I love the humor of the game but there seems to be no balance between the events we play relentlessly and the moments when we are out of events and there you have absolutely nothing to do besides sending the sim work to unlock objects.

There is no incentive to change the clothes of the sims daily. There is not even incentive to meet long events in the city (by the way, they do not even show up anymore, you need to go to a neighborhood and see if it's happening).

A good solution to find out where the events are happening would be an option to watch on TV or on the sims computer / cell where events are happening.

One way to encourage you to change the clothes of the sims would be to give cupcakes when you change clothes everyday for 3 days.

A good way to encourage Sims to go to parties would be an option if you have a friend in common with the host, you get a message of "He's inviting us to the party at his house". as in the sims 4. or the host send a message like "I need to introduce you to someone special. Come on!"

And one way to make the game more dynamic would be to include short stories randomly in the game as a disease after ingesting water at the waterfront or a fashion show taking place in the fashion studio. Smaller stories that would happen in 2 or 3 parts like a surprise choices but without lost simcashs or cupcakes. I love the reacts for surprise choices but more dynamic please!

These are good ideas! I agree that there's no incentive and lacking some dynamic. I love how they incorporated that we can't talk to a sim after we have upset them. I think the reactions are funny. Strongly dislike 2000 sim cash for the hot tub, I'll mention it every time! LOL. I wish that we could get gems for changing our clothes daily. Maybe have mini quests for Izzy, like doing home actions (get inspiration from a plant, check self out in mirror, or something) to get gems. Maybe it could be a category in the llamazooms to get more gems?

Definitely love this idea that you mentioned:
    "A good way to encourage Sims to go to parties would be an option if you have a friend in common with the host, you get a message of "He's inviting us to the party at his house". as in the sims 4. or the host send a message like "I need to introduce you to someone special. Come on!""

I think that it would bring some dynamic since it will let us meet new characters + it definitely would remind me of sims 4. I would still like to be able to message other players to know if it would be okay to move out their sim, etc. I think communication is lacking in the game. I think to avoid wasted time, we should either change the messages being sent when relationships increase or implement chats. For example, Just recently my friend found out someone wanted to move their sim into their household and she denied it because she obviously wasn't expecting it nor did she want to give her sim away.

First-THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! The Waterfront is AWESOME! New Careers! Now, if new hobbies (Space Science a Telescope or Globe for the Family Heirloom or Trait would be cool) maybe a "Fancy" Seafood Restaurant on the pier? But I do give the current Waterfront A+!
    Llama Tasks are ok. They are quicker to complete in that no "Events", or purchase of furniture is now required. However, I've noticed since the Waterfront has been open the Simoleons are not building up as they have. I've purchased things for the Lab & Massage/Rocket careers. But not so much to leave my coins around $2k. I usually have between 50-100k+ saved up.

Yes, I have noticed it's been harder to get simoleons. Between the llamazooms and the long shifts/events, there is no balance. They make you do 3 quick shifts + 1 long shift. It doesn't add up to the same if I were to do 3+ long shifts (as I did with the previous daily task list). I feel like since they increased prices for items already, they should increase the salary to balance it out more.

Ayy It's Mell ♥

ayyitsmell wrote: »

These are good ideas! I agree that there's no incentive and lacking some dynamic. I love how they incorporated that we can't talk to a sim after we have upset them. I think the reactions are funny. Strongly dislike 2000 sim cash for the hot tub, I'll mention it every time! LOL. I wish that we could get gems for changing our clothes daily. Maybe have mini quests for Izzy, like doing home actions (get inspiration from a plant, check self out in mirror, or something) to get gems. Maybe it could be a category in the llamazooms to get more gems?

Yaaaas! we need missions to win gems in lhamazoom!
    I loved that idea!

I've been thinking about other ways to deepen some events. Could have a relationship event where you cook for your date. And then you can serve wine, play in the kitchen, ask the companion to help prepare the dinner and in the end sit down to be a romantic dinner.
    Lhamazoom has a chance to be the core of the sims mobile, as long as it has variable stories and has a rhythm that works for the simmers, since today it is kind of messy. The duration time is good, but it is tormenting for a player with 2 sims to try to finish. If you have 3 or 4 sims it gets easier

Lhamazoom can be a great way to introduce more actions with toddlers and kids like "helping with homework" or "teaching how to speak". Definitely a lhamazoom for family activities would be perfect!

• QuinnWinnQuinnWinn Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anyone having difficulty fitting all the job-related equipment for the wellness guru in the wellness center? The massage room is incredibly crowded and I’m not sure where to put the deprevation tank. Thoughts?
    QuinnWinn wrote: »
    Is anyone having difficulty fitting all the job-related equipment for the wellness guru in the wellness center? The massage room is incredibly crowded and I’m not sure where to put the deprevation tank. Thoughts?

I had the same problem. I had to put the foot massage next to the water cooler :cold_sweat:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• revertoirerevertoire Posts: 7 New Member
    My main concern is that of the Llama Zoom tasks. I adore Emily and her look (especially the hair clips and freckles, she’s really sweet), but the 8 hour limit is the biggest concern of them all. If you were to finish the Llama Zoom tasks in time, you’d have to for instance start a standard relationship/career/hobby (depending on the option you pick), 4 hours before the tasks are available, so you can make sure you actually finish it. Also, in the start, you were given a muffin (in the quest thing), but now you very rarely get a muffin (unless from ads and such). If I were to ask for one thing it would be to at least make the Llama Zoom tasks available once a day, just like the daily tasks we had before. Of course, my opinion can change over time and maybe I’ll develop another opinion or get accustomed to the update. I’ll have to see about that (~ :
  • MSUMSU Posts: 1 New Member
    Today's update did not resolve the unlocking issue with Waterfront. I can travel to Waterfront but cannot access any quests. The buildings are greyed out when viewing it on the map. No unlock icon to unlock it but I can still go to Waterfront.
  • AppyellaAppyella Posts: 3 New Member
    I have hated Llama Zoom since the initial update that rolled it out, but with all these events that I want to succeed at, it’s becoming impossible when each event requires maybe 4 or more llama zoom completions. Is it just because I’m a level 35 that they are so impossible? When I begin a Llama zoom, I generally will get one stack of six events to complete (2 cycles of 3 quick events, and 1 cycle of 2 standard events then 3 little silly llama zoom tasks), one stack of three events ( 1 cycle of 3 standard events, and 2 llama zoom tasks) and one stack of three events (1 long event and 2 llama zoom tasks). Three stacks total, 12 tasks! In seven hours this becomes impossible unless I use up my cupcakes. I now have hardly a stash, at one point I had 42 cupcakes because the to do lists where actually achievable and you would always get one cupcake upon completion. Now I’m down to 8 cupcakes because I try to complete llama zooms for these world events (like unlocking careers, hobbies, or things like back to school and Halloween) and cant complete them even when using cupcakes. Especially because once again every world event requires 3 or 4 separate completions of Llama Zooms. It’s honestly ridiculous and making me hate the game.
    I feeling the lhamazoom exhausting and repetitive. I enjoy playing video game actions and the extra interactions with objects, but I hate having to send a sim for a 6-hour long event.
    And I hate the fact that lhamazoom stands at my door, it's invasive. I want a car on my doorstep, but it's definitely not the lhamazoom truck.

Mission system and older to-do list it's soo much better than lhamazoom.
    I love the news interactions but lhamazoom is soo boring
  • AliveincAliveinc Posts: 2 New Member
    No matter how much we hate illmazoom, seems like dev is not going to do anything abt it. I have not seen any good comment in any forum since it was launch. Perk items are hard to get, special events are using more of it to make u spend more cupcakes.. Etc.
    Just feels like dev is finding a easy way out on tasks and screwing you to buy thing with money. either way they just want u to log in more, spend more money and get more lazy on writing codes for inventive tasks.
    New players are spending lots of money to buy things, buts most dont go through event to earn items thus the lavishly home lacks thing to do for party.
    Izzy styling is just repetitive and boring.
    Capping items qty to put in your home yet unable to sell unuse items doenst make sense.
    Well, its time to sweep the game under the carpet and come back a few mth later to see if this game still spark some interest.