Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEM INSTALLING THE SIMS MEDIEVAL

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't remember if TSM has SafeDisc or not, it might, instead of SecuRom DRM.

You can try these instructions in my thread the link to instructions are at the bottom of my thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931858/tscc-complete-collection-will-not-load-solved

ETA: I need to add this procedure may cause your Pc to say an error (if you change the registry) but it can be ignored if you receive an error tv config mgr Err24 (if you ever run a health report or generate one this message may appear) this is due to the Secure Driver not installed (this is directly related in this instance of error message) to changing the registry to allow SafeDisK to run on pc. You can simply uninstall Secure Driver under Hidden installed hardware under Device Manager if this report would bother anyone. However, if you do uninstall Secure Driver you would have to change registry again to allow SafeDisk to run again on the pc (Windows 7/8/10) But as I said Windows 10 has a built in safe guard where these instructions may not work anyway, I don't have 10 to test but they work fine on 7.
    I had the hardest time getting the disks to work on Windows 8.1 but you can ask EA for digital copies if you give them proof you own the game.

No thank you. lol TSM doesn't contain any DRM like Securom and Origin's DRM is just as bad. You had a problem installing it because MS installed patches that stop SafeDisc from being able to install since now they say (for the last several years) that DRM is vunerable to hackers. If you can't install an old disc where do you have to go? to digital downloads, and why is that? Because MS is in alignment with companies who don't want to produce discs anymore, to route people to internet downloads only. It's like the years they swore the 'apps' on the desktop that were available when Windows 7 was first released could be harmful so they disabled them with patches. But what did MS do later? they aligned themselves with companies who produce apps and built a whole OS around it (Windows 8 and Windows 10) which use 'apps'. LOL they can't have it both ways. If it was dangerous then, (the apps in Windows 7) then they are dangerous to privacy now..in Windows 10. So, you see, MS disabling SafeDisc to where we can't install old discs is all part of the bigger plan to force people to use internet only downloads from now on. It's about the green.

ETA: How is it about the green? Because you are the product, when you use apps, DLC (such as Origin Downloader) and Steam and all the other things such as Google, Twitter, etc. you are the product. They sell your info to other companies, and I do mean all your personal info, not just your pc ID, and MS helps them by disabling things so you are forced to use DLC and apps. This in turn sends messages to advertisers who follow you all day, from your phone to your house, to your car, to your stores, to a walk in the park, whereever you are they are watching and throwing ads at you all day long and selling everything you did and where you went. Turning off a phone doesn't actually stop that. It's all part of the big plan.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    I can't remember if TSM has SafeDisc or not, it might, instead of SecuRom DRM.

You can try these instructions in my thread the link to instructions are at the bottom of my thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931858/tscc-complete-collection-will-not-load-solved

ETA: I need to add this procedure may cause your Pc to say an error (if you change the registry) but it can be ignored if you receive an error tv config mgr Err24 (if you ever run a health report or generate one this message may appear) this is due to the Secure Driver not installed (this is directly related in this instance of error message) to changing the registry to allow SafeDisK to run on pc. You can simply uninstall Secure Driver under Hidden installed hardware under Device Manager if this report would bother anyone. However, if you do uninstall Secure Driver you would have to change registry again to allow SafeDisk to run again on the pc (Windows 7/8/10) But as I said Windows 10 has a built in safe guard where these instructions may not work anyway, I don't have 10 to test but they work fine on 7.
    I had the hardest time getting the disks to work on Windows 8.1 but you can ask EA for digital copies if you give them proof you own the game.

No thank you. lol TSM doesn't contain any DRM like Securom and Origin's DRM is just as bad. You had a problem installing it because MS installed patches that stop SafeDisc from being able to install since now they say (for the last several years) that DRM is vunerable to hackers. If you can't install an old disc where do you have to go? to digital downloads, and why is that? Because MS is in alignment with companies who don't want to produce discs anymore, to route people to internet downloads only. It's like the years they swore the 'apps' on the desktop that were available when Windows 7 was first released could be harmful so they disabled them with patches. But what did MS do later? they aligned themselves with companies who produce apps and built a whole OS around it (Windows 8 and Windows 10) which use 'apps'. LOL they can't have it both ways. If it was dangerous then, (the apps in Windows 7) then they are dangerous to privacy now..in Windows 10. So, you see, MS disabling SafeDisc to where we can't install old discs is all part of the bigger plan to force people to use internet only downloads from now on. It's about the green.

ETA: How is it about the green? Because you are the product, when you use apps, DLC (such as Origin Downloader) and Steam and all the other things such as Google, Twitter, etc. you are the product. They sell your info to other companies, and I do mean all your personal info, not just your pc ID, and MS helps them by disabling things so you are forced to use DLC and apps. This in turn sends messages to advertisers who follow you all day, from your phone to your house, to your car, to your stores, to a walk in the park, wherever you are they are watching and throwing ads at you all day long and selling everything you did and where you went. Turning off a phone doesn't actually stop that. It's all part of the big plan.
    I could get them to install ok but I think I just wanted the digital copy because it was easy. Origins for me isn't that bad. I love TSM you can make the funniest stories in the game without even trying. Like if you fail to do something one of your characters has a chance of going to the pit. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • YazzpYazzp Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, so today i bought sims medieval off of origin (digital download) it wouldn't download so i went online to resolve the issue and i did. But it doesn't even run. It goes black and says "unable to start game service initialisation failed (0x0175d24) so i went online to try and resolve the issue but nothing has worked! I haven't played the game so there isn't any caches to delete. Any help would be appreciated :)