Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    id like for objects that are fully upgraded to no longer show the 'upgrade' option. my max level handy sim has upgraded various things and it still says upgrade which is a minor annoyance as sometimes i forget what i have and have not upgraded

i would also like the ability to put fences on the property line again.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd really appreciate more face options for our adult and elder sims. As wrinkles and lines are a very individual thing they have a huge influence on how a face looks. Therefore, I'd be very happy if you gave us something to individualize our Sims' wrinkles. For me it doesn't have to be very complicated. I'd be satisfied with face overlays that cover some wrinkles and/or add new lines.

For example, I wanted to make an elder Sim that looked like Meryl Streep. But I noticed that - no matter how hard I tried - I couldn't get very close to her, because for elder sims our possibilities are so limited. The real Meryl Street doesn't have distinct eye bags - but elder sims always have some that can't be unseen. That's quite frustrating.

Thank you in advance for considering my idea.
  • SamFlamingoSamFlamingo Posts: 52 Member
    I'm sure I'm repeating what others have offered, but here's my list of things I think others may not have mentioned (I'm exclusively a builder, never play the game.)

Build:
    1. Pools: true infinity pools, pool floaties, higher diving boards, a "shallow end".
    2. Roofs: the ability to remove roof walls. Triangular windows that fit a 45 degree roof. More roof textures. The ability to wallpaper just a part of the roof's wall
    3. Stairs: I don't see a reason why I can't have a fountain directly under a staircase. Not sure if I've just missed them, but carpeted stairs. The ability to delete ONE stair wall. Stairs that go directly from the first level to the basement when there's a foundation. Corner stairs, to have a complete wrap-around of a square deck for example. The ability to use a trim directly next to a staircase, so it doesn't look broken up when there's trim on the level around it. The ability to put handrails on just one side of a staircase as in Sims 3.
    4. Platforms/friezes. I know this has been mentioned but hear me out: making a platform or frieze an *object*. Having a frieze tool would be wonderful, but if you can simply place an object that stairs will snap to, it may be more "possible".
    5. An invisible foundation that DOESN'T LEAVE A GIANT HOLE UNDERNEATH. The ability to make trailers.
    5. Glass. They're on the right track but I think a simple glass floor tile would go a long way, as well as an object that is simply a glass partition.
    6. Windows. They should match doors of the same style. I'd also like a "build your own" window set, like many have modded, to make windows as wide as you want without breaks.
    7. The ability to make a more "genuine" treehouse. It's obviously possible now with moveobjects, but imagine having a tree designed to have a house in/on it.
    8. A pillar overhaul: I want them wallpaperable, moveable anywhere, and for them to look normal when stacked ontop of one another.

Buy:
    1. Kitchens. There's a lot to be desired. Rounded counters (not islands), "built-in" appliances, countertops without cabinets underneath, and for the love of god, a cabinet that FILLS THE SPACE above the fridge. I hate the tiny gap you get when you use a regular small cabinet.
    2. Custom showers. Just a showerhead that you can place glass or walls around is simple enough.
    3. More interesting coffee tables. More square coffee tables that are SMALL. Smaller side tables. When you size down a table, I'd like for objects that are snapped to it to be at the correct height, not floating above it.
    4. More/better fireplaces
    5. Curtains/blinds that don't stick out 5 feet from the darn wall.
    6. Generally more "futuristic" or very modern furniture. Into the Future was my favorite Sims 3 pack for furniture.
    7. More hobby items (telescope, scrapbooking/art table, drum set, drafting table, more diverse exercise equipment, soccer, football, trampoline, gymnastics equipment, a video-making studio, (better) camping equipment, wine/beer-making setup, pool table, foosball table, ping-pong)
    8. Murphy beds.

Generally, like in Sims 3, the ability to make a "collection" of your favorite items, or conversely, a way to filtering out items you never use.

Finally, a "Get to School" pack. Not necessarily university, but just the ability to make a functioning school would make my year.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I am hoping for two story windows (i.e. windows that are actually designed to cover two story of a build) and spiral stairs. I remember we used to have them in either TS2 or TS3 and I would love to see them back.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • xDarkxkidxxDarkxkidx Posts: 6 New Member
    I would actually hope to see more details in CAS, like you can choose the height of sims, not everyone is 5'7 tall when they are adults some are even taller and some are smaller.
    It would give more life to it.

It would be great if there were palette options like in sims 3 where you could decide the bed frame should be drown, and the bedsheets and pillows could be different. rather then you have to pick certain premade colour.

more toddler hair and toddler clothing and all in CAS, its really a missout to have to find and update lots of CC. :#

I would really give a praise for the kitchen counters, its really a great feature thaty ou can do cornors, small cabins etc.I LOVE IT! :blush:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

To further expand on my original posts I'd like these objects as well:

Big light bulb lamp, of various lengths to go with the various wall heights.

big-bulb-light-simple-pendent-lights-bulb.jpg

Modular seats like in previous games. Curved and squared.

Spaceist-Modular-Cubes-curvey-reception-seating.jpg

Return of the Tiki styled furniture for outdoors:

Dining+Room+Recolour.jpg

Modern wall mounted showers:

modern-bathrooms-roman-shower-8.jpg

Solar panels:

solar_modules_on_roof.jpg

Minifridges:

17304430_Alt02?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Lounge chairs (obvs):

WRGKDLS.jpg

Double sliding doors:

lovable-double-sliding-doors-interior-double-sliding-doors-interior-home-design.jpg

cba4dfdeed90084e25fdc5c7875cbd5a.jpg

Square reflective sleek floor tiles (in multiple colors please, including red, pink, blue, purple, grey etc):

floor-tiles-grimsby.jpg

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I would like the option of filling empty houses from families in "My Library", not from those in the General Gallery online. I have been playing for four years now and have enough houses and families to satisfy my own personal game needs and do not want other peoples' families in mine thank you.

No sooner than I place a whole world with houses and put a family in I find about 5 Gallery families moving into them. I know I can unclick the move families in box in Options but it would be nice not to get my own families "gazumped" and have the option to use "My Library" unused families only.
    I know my houses are very desirable but in this game's case only I am against immigration! >:) If I want a Gallery family I would download it anyway.

It has made me play offline and all notifications unticked to avoid this in future which I don't really want to do.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    climbable trees please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ActiveSimmerActiveSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > Hello Simmers,
    >
    > We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.
    >
    > Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?
    >
    > Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

- You should have the possibility to install sloping surfaces instead of stairs in the Build Mode.
    - You should be able to fill up the rest with earth, stone or other things in Build Mode when building a room on the property.
    - Children and infants should also have eyelashes.
  • ActiveSimmerActiveSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    - And curly hairstyles for toddlers.
    - And more hairstyles generally.> @ActiveSimmer said:
    > > @EA_Mage said:
    > > Hello Simmers,
    > >
    > > We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.
    > >
    > > Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?
    > >
    > > Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.
    >
    > - You should have the possibility to install sloping surfaces instead of stairs in the Build Mode.
    > - You should be able to fill up the rest with earth, stone or other things in Build Mode when building a room on the property.
    > - Children and infants should also have eyelashes.

- And curly hairstyles for toddlers.
    - And more hairstyles generally.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like to see the removal of gallery pictures in the game files, which indeed causes lag, and many have to delete those often if they visit the gallery even just to look around. They don't even have to actually have looked at the Sims or Houses of what pictures wind up in their files. This is a bad design and a nuisance to players to clean those files out all the time to keep down lag. I would say who thought of that? but that might trigger my rants. ;)

On a more positive note (Not really), I would like to see a total overhaul of the emotions and traits which has been requested to fix this game from the beginning. Traits should be the deciding factor if someone wants to hug, kiss, woohoo, eat, or whatever. Not silly room decor. If I'm mad, a nice painting isn't going to make me happy. I'm still going to be steaming. In fact I might break the painting. No happy moodlet though a puppy might work for a few minutes. But human behavior is still going to stay mad, and do something about it, today it might be getting on a forum or on twitter, but for game's sake, and for the humor why not have them just explode in game, and no, I don't mean literally.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    How about a working gallery and a game that doesn't keep breaking every time some new content is released. All the other stuff in this thread is great and I would love to see it, but a good product is precisely what I want to see in this game.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would like to see the removal of gallery pictures in the game files, which indeed causes lag, and many have to delete those often if they visit the gallery even just to look around. They don't even have to actually have looked at the Sims or Houses of what pictures wind up in their files. This is a bad design and a nuisance to players to clean those files out all the time to keep down lag. I would say who thought of that? but that might trigger my rants. ;)

On a more positive note (Not really), I would like to see a total overhaul of the emotions and traits which has been requested to fix this game from the beginning. Traits should be the deciding factor if someone wants to hug, kiss, woohoo, eat, or whatever. Not silly room decor. If I'm mad, a nice painting isn't going to make me happy. I'm still going to be steaming. In fact I might break the painting. No happy moodlet though a puppy might work for a few minutes. But human behavior is still going to stay mad, and do something about it, today it might be getting on a forum or on twitter, but for game's sake, and for the humor why not have them just explode in game, and no, I don't mean literally.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    This game needs to enhance swimming. It feels boring just watching them doing laps and just splashing around. I would love to see my sims kissing and cuddling in the pool and have different swimming styles as well we could unlock as we develop a swimming skill. That would be very nice and a good upgrade.

What I would wish also is seeing my female sim crossing her legs more often. I've been playing Sims 4 for over a year and a half and I NEVER seen her doing that once. Isn't it possible to tweak it to make it more regular?

What I would love too is some beaches where you can surf in the waves. How about something similar to the Bowling system? As your surf skills is growing up, you will be able to unlock more beautiful and powerful boards as well as new moves on the wave. At the end you get a badge and a moodlet (Queen or King of the Wave) which would make your sim very cool towards the beach goers who will cheer you each time you go on your board. B)

Another thing I would love is to make social media available to everybody. For now you can only access it if you are in the social media career which is lame and completely unrealistic. It should be available to everyone. If you could add more social medias sites that would be very nice too. ;)
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    - Portable microscope and telescope

- Ceiling fan with lights

- Bake pizzas with our own choice of toppings; bake cakes of different shapes i.e. heart, square, rectangle

- Walk multiple dogs, if not ask someone else or hire a pet sitter; kids can at least walk small dogs

- Double feeding bowls and water dispensers because pets need to drink too, like water or lactose-free milk for pups and kittens
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Kaithall401Kaithall401 Posts: 1 New Member
    -Horses like in TS3!!
    -More stair shapes (spiral, L-shaped)
    -More high heel options
    -Outdoor lounge chairs like TS3
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    My wish is that you take the larger ideas posted here and use them for a possible sequel, for now, I do not really see the point to implement larger ideas like hotels or cars because the game is not built for it. I would much rather you take these ideas and implement it into a possible sequel that could support it with for example open world and a much more deep economy system and ai configured to run businesses.
  • ShannBamShannBam Posts: 1 New Member
    I would LOVE to be able to "upgrade" beds! There are beds I love the look of but its a lower relief number so my sim is always hurting. But if we could upgrade them then our sims could have the same stylish bed with no lumbar issues. And its fun new game play.
    If someone else already suggested this then I second them!
  • RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    I think it would be pretty cool to have a Baby Shower event under the social events unless it is available in a game pack and I just don't know it?
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited September 2018
    More romance interactions like dancing together(slow dancing and other dancing that involves touching another sim), cuddle and make out in bed and also bring back cuddling while sleeping. It's so cold the way couples sleep now.

Also, bring back the sewing machine skill from sims 2!!! Please.

More in depth photography skill. Possibly a career option? Allow more people in a picture. Allow adults to take pics with kids. Maybe bring back the video camera to make home movies to watch on the tv? I really loved that in sims 3.

More stay at home careers. Make and sell crafts online and in person. More careers in general.

University.

Cars.

Ability to visit neighbors without a load screen!!! If even just one.

More developed baby stage with strollers.

Separate foundations please.

Spiral stairs. And bi level stairs.
  • MermaidDisasterMermaidDisaster Posts: 3 New Member
    I really wish the sims 4 had what sims 3 had in CAS was the color wheel and pattern seletions
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    Would love to have the ability to organize the inventory! Making diffrent folders within the inventort for plants, artifacts, fish, crystals etc :D
  • V_IceV_Ice Posts: 49 Member
    Arbitrarily adding more stuff is just too exhausting. Buying Stuff Packs and Game Packs of things you will not use? How about instead adding content that is necessary to improve what's already in the game.

(1) Should a house be bought only in cash?
    Considering how expensive homes are, does it make sense that it requires a sim to win the lottery, cheat or work till old age to get a decent home? A sim could reach their highest career level and still not have enough in reserves to buy a house fitting of their income level.

Improvements Needed: Banking System

I'm honestly shocked that this isn't a thing in this current iteration of the Sims game. Homes in the real world are mostly financed and homeowners incur decades worth of debts. How is this not a part of the game? Seriously. You don't need anything complicated either. Take the cost of the home, add a markup rate for purchasing via financing, add 2 types of terms (Long and Short) each with 3 levels of interest rates.

Short Term Loan: 15 Weeks
    - Higher weekly payments.
    - Could pay up to twice the debt incurred

Long Term: 30 Weeks
    - Lower weekly payments
    - Could pay up to three times the debt incurred

Interest Rate on Short and Long Term loans
    - High: Adds a bit more to your weekly payment but shortens the terms. 15 weeks can be reduced to 10 weeks. 30 to 20 weeks.
    - Fixed: You terms will remain at 15 or 30 weeks.
    - Low: Lessens your weekly payments but lengthens the term of the loan. 15 weeks could increase to 20 weeks. 30 to 40 weeks.

The idea behind the interest rate doesn't have to be exactly as it is in the real world. In the Sims, it should be a means of choosing to spend more or less money each week on paying off the loan, otherwise you would need to implement a "Credit" system and that's too complex.

Another thing is to limit the markup rate. It should be based on the value of the home. The more expensive the home, the lower the markup rate and vise-versa.

(2) Weekly Financial Statements.
    A record of your week's income and expenses. This already exists as a daily financial report in Get to Work for your retail store, how does it not exist for your household? Furthermore, it would be feature that could come with a Banking System.

(3) Loan qualification.
    Newly created or playable households shouldn't immediately qualify for mortgage loans without meeting certain requirements. Again, it doesn't have to be complicated.
    - Have enough funds for a down payment, maybe 20% of the home.
    - Have reached a Career level that ensures you make more than the weekly mortgage payment OR ..
    - Submit your weekly financial report showing income exceeding the mortgage amount. Usually income from other professions (Painter, author etc.,) for those who don't join careers.

(4) Improve Rental system.
    This would be necessary if you don't qualify for a loan. Get a rental.
    - Furnished or unfurnished house or apartment.
    - 14, 28 or 56 day rental contract that can be renewed at the end of each term.
    - Renewing contract could result in paying slightly more.
    - Down payments could be refundable or nonrefundable

Refundable down payments could demand you see out your contract terms before moving.
    Nonrefundable down payments could allow you to move whenever you wish, but you lose your money.

(5) Separate Utility Bills.
    This is a no brainer. Utility bills should be separate to your mortgage or rental payments. This will add an additional expense for your household which should be a welcome addition for any Simmer ... We all know that once your household makes bank, you run out of things to spend your money on.

(6) A career in the Banking industry.
    Which should have come with Get to Work.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Four storytelling purposes I would like to be able to use the cop career to arrest and inprison the Sims who I Control who has for example embarked on a criminal career. In the doctor's career you should be able to treat your own sims, To be able to threaten a sims with the sim-gun without going through with the action "freeze"
  • Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top