Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

German youtuber hints at next DLC

The biggest german let's player called Gronkh has mentioned in the newest part of his Sims 4 series that he already knows about the theme of the next dlc pack and that "it will fit great into his Let's play". He also said that he is very excited about it.

https://youtu.be/RNtxqBddze4?t=2m15s

That's all the information he gives but this could mean that the pack could come soon.

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2018
    I think that it will be Witches.
    It's something fun that would probably fit his playstyle
    a256aFi.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wonder what his sources could be. If he already knows, maybe it's not far from release? That's if he isn't pulling our legs anyway
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I think it's highly unlikely only he and NOBODY else knows about the next dlc. I think he's probably joking but since I don't speak German I can't detect the tone.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wonder what his sources could be. If he already knows, maybe it's not far from release? That's if he isn't pulling our legs anyway

He is definitely in contact with EA germany since he is a big influencer.
    edited September 2018
    He said something along the lines of:
    "I know what the next DLC is going to be. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to reveal it. I... I don't think that it's revealed yet. Nevertheless I got to know what the next DLC is and I'm not allowed to reveal it. The next DLC... it's going to fit so well [to his Let's Play]. It will just fit so well *laughs* Honestly I'm already looking forward to it. And I think I'm gonna do a stream about it."
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I don't believe those types of videos.... I'll just see it when it launches.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

I'm definitely curious now. I hope it's something good, and it comes out within the next month.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Do you really think EA would tell him of all people information and not anyone else? Not to be rude but even if they wanted a YouTuber to hint for hype, they would choose someone like deligracy who is more relevant I guess.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Ooh curious
    WbUrFQm.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If witches belong in the university expansion, it's gonna be called "Magic University", if witches does not belong in the university expansion, it's gonna be called just plain "University" or whatever the name is to share it along with The Sims 2 University or The Sims 3 University Life. What do you think everybody?
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

Do you know what his let's play is about?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »
    I don't believe those types of videos.... I'll just see it when it launches.

Coming from someone who's been watching him for a while now, he's a very honest and straightforward guy. As in he often speaks his mind and wouldn't have said it if there wasn't any truth to it.
    He's THE OG gaming youtuber when it comes to the German YouTube sphere, and constantly gets exclusive information on upcoming titles, is invited to special events, etc.. He recently attended Gamescom like he does every year, but this time he was mostly behind the scenes, unlike previous years where he would also roam the exhibition halls and meet fans.

I'm talking in general, not just his video. But I respect your opinion.
    edited September 2018
    CeCeDot wrote: »

It's more silly and fun gameplay. The characters in this Let's Play are also famous YouTubers from Germany.

I guess it's Witches, because that's the only funny and mischievous theme that's most likely to happen as a DLC soon.
    Also he started laughing when he said that it would fit very well to this Let's Play. That means that it's something comical or extraordinary, like Witches that cause mischief with their magic.
    I don't think he would laugh about taking a trip to an island vacation or owning a farm.
    a256aFi.gif
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »

It's more silly and fun gameplay. The characters in this Let's Play are also famous YouTubers from Germany.

I guess it's Witches, because that's the only funny and mischievous theme that's most likely to happen as a DLC soon.
    Also he started laughing when he said that it would fit very well to this Let's Play. That means that it's something comical or extraordinary, like Witches that cause mischief with their magic.
    I don't think he would laugh about taking a trip to an island vacation or owning a farm.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! I'm very excited though
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Do you really think EA would tell him of all people information and not anyone else? Not to be rude but even if they wanted a YouTuber to hint for hype, they would choose someone like deligracy who is more relevant I guess.

As far as I'm aware, several youtubers were made aware of seasons before it was released. Lilsimsie's had screenshot sent straight from EA before the trailer was even revealed.

They sign non disclosure acts forbidding them from talking about it, breaking that would not only mean removal from the program but also legal issues as well.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm going to subscribe him from now on! I like honest reviewers and Youtubers.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I doubt EA would inform them very early about a new pack (what would be the point?) so if this is true we might get a pack announcement very soon.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Does this violate some agreement or something?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Is he playing Seasons? If so I hope it's a Tropical Beach Vacation. That would go great with Seasons.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I doubt EA would inform them very early about a new pack (what would be the point?) so if this is true we might get a pack announcement very soon.

Kate says the Maxis Monthly Livestream which will sometimes give teasers to upcoming packs is coming around the last of September so that probably means an October Release. She said it in Last Weeks Livestream were they were playing with clubs.
    Does this violate some agreement or something?

Not as long as he don't reveal what it is.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm disappointed we can't know what it is
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top