Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Campfire keeps lighting chairs on fire HELP!

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category but I wasn't sure where to put it, every time I have my sims light their campfire the chairs around it catch on fire. I don't know if this a bug or if I'm doing something wrong please help me. Thank you.

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Well I’m jealous your sims can place the chairs in a position which makes them actually able to use the camp fire! I’m sorry, I think camp fires are just glitchy.
  • mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    Well I’m jealous your sims can place the chairs in a position which makes them actually able to use the camp fire! I’m sorry, I think camp fires are just glitchy.

It's weird because I've never had this problem before as soon as I light it the chairs immediately catch on fire
    edited September 2018

It's weird because I've never had this problem before as soon as I light it the chairs immediately catch on fire
    Hmm maybe someone else will come along with a fix (perhaps also for the chair placing issue!) but I doubt it as the campfire seems to be very buggy. Actually, I predict that someone will be along to close this thread soon because it’s now forbidden to discuss bugs here (yes, really)! We must discuss them on the AHQ which does have threads on camp fire issues, but as you can see those bugs haven’t gone away...

Hmm maybe someone else will come along with a fix (perhaps also for the chair placing issue!) but I doubt it as the campfire seems to be very buggy. Actually, I predict that someone will be along to close this thread soon because it’s now forbidden to discuss bugs here (yes, really)! We must discuss them on the AHQ which, yes, does have threads on camp fire issues, but as you can see those bugs haven’t gone away...

Oh my gosh I didn't know we couldn't discuss bugs here I feel so bad I'm really sorry!

Hmm maybe someone else will come along with a fix (perhaps also for the chair placing issue!) but I doubt it as the campfire seems to be very buggy. Actually, I predict that someone will be along to close this thread soon because it’s now forbidden to discuss bugs here (yes, really)! We must discuss them on the AHQ which, yes, does have threads on camp fire issues, but as you can see those bugs haven’t gone away...

Oh my gosh I didn't know we couldn't discuss bugs here I feel so bad I'm really sorry!
    Don’t feel bad, it’s only just changed and it’s silly in my opinion that we can’t discuss sims bugs on a sims forum. But anyway, I don’t think there’s a rule saying we’re not allowed to discuss bugs. It’s just that if you do, your discussion gets closed.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Gives a whole new meaning to the song "camptown races" ;)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have the same issue happening in my game. It's a 100% guarantee if my sims light their campfire, the chairs around it will catch on fire. I even made a post about fires being rampant in my game lately. FYI, abductions seem to be insanely high in my game, too. In one real life day, I had 3 alien abductions.
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited September 2018
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have the same issue happening in my game. It's a 100% guarantee if my sims light their campfire, the chairs around it will catch on fire. I even made a post about fires being rampant in my game lately. FYI, abductions seem to be insanely high in my game, too. In one real life day, I had 3 alien abductions.

@ChelleJo
    Out if interest, how are you able to put the chairs around the campfire? My sims don’t position them correctly themselves. Ever. Have to use build/buy mode to move the chairs.

As for the alien abductions, is your sim a scientist? My scientist sim got abducted pretty much every night until I started using the satellite to ward off abductions. I think they raised the probability of abduction.

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Stick the chair to the campfire, but don't place it. Move it a square away, it should keep the position. The sims will still be able to use it and it should catch fire way less often. Could still happen though.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Stick the chair to the campfire, but don't place it. Move it a square away, it should keep the position. The sims will still be able to use it and it should catch fire way less often. Could still happen though.

I'll try it thank you!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

@ChelleJo
    Out if interest, how are you able to put the chairs around the campfire? My sims don’t position them correctly themselves. Ever. Have to use build/buy mode to move the chairs.

As for the alien abductions, is your sim a scientist? My scientist sim got abducted pretty much every night until I started using the satellite to ward off abductions. I think they raised the probability of abduction.

I place the chair in b/b around the campfire (on our home lot).

As for the alien, no none of them are scientist. I know that the career you get a lot of abductions, but nope, not one scientist in my save (yet).

It's my BaCC save, and I had 12 households, and at least one member of at least half those have been abducted. And usually once a sim gets abducted once, they become a future target. Katherine has been abducted twice, Kory has been abducted twice, one resulting in a pregnancy. Grant has been abducted,Perry, Alina, Roman (x2)... that's all I can think of the top of my head. Oh, in the save on my laptop, I had just put my sims down and the male got abducted and impregnated, but that was a different computer, much less save.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member

I'm used to that happening, but only if you hold an Event that calls for a campfire. I guess it's a good thing nobody in my game has decided to light the campfire on the patio!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I don't have a problem with the campfire if they just light it and use it as is. At some point though, the game changed and now Sims obsessively keep adding logs to the fire. That's when it became dangerous. As long as I'm controlling all the Sims using it and can cancel the 'add log to fire' before it drops into the queue, it's still okay to use. Unfortunately, that can be very difficult to catch in time, so fires ensue.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Fires are never a 'bug' - they're a feature. If there are Sims around, there will be fires. Where would they be if the developers didn't continually create new ways for them to set themselves (and their furnishings) on fire?
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Fires are never a 'bug' - they're a feature. If there are Sims around, there will be fires. Where would they be if the developers didn't continually create new ways for them to set themselves (and their furnishings) on fire?
    I think what the OP is saying is that every time they use chairs with the campfire the chairs are set on fire. This is a bug, because it shouldn’t happen every time.